best 9mm handgun

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: best 9mm handgun

Originally Posted by xxxmen007
I think you might have me sold on a 38 now LOL; the main reason is because my 40. is sometimes cumbersome when i'm wearing jeans and a T.
Same reason I want the 38. I want a kel-tec but they have such a bad rap I want to do the fluff and buff and run a few hundred rounds consecutively with no problems first. I hear they have a problem with fail to extract which is pretty much the worst failure you can have.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:40 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by NINER
Same reason I want the 38. I want a kel-tec but they have such a bad rap I want to do the fluff and buff and run a few hundred rounds consecutively with no problems first. I hear they have a problem with fail to extract which is pretty much the worst failure you can have.
One word of wisdom, they have the light weight ones and the feather weight ones. The feather weight ones are way more expensive, and not that much lighter. Also the light weight ones sting like a bitch to shoot as it is so the feather weight ones have to just pain hurt to shoot. The lightweight one was so bad I let my friend shoot it a bunch just to get rid of the rest of the ammo I bought. He also said it stung to shoot.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:40 PM

xxxmen007 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the review on the S&W revolvers? oh what about taurus also?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Retired

What's the review on the S&W revolvers? oh what about taurus also?
S&W is second to none. I didn't even look at the taruses.

I have an old .22 6 shooter S&W my grandma kept aside after my grandpa died in case my mom ever had a son (grandpa died before I was born). So the gun is 30+ years old and still looks and performs like brand new.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

For 9mm my personal preference is the Glock 9X19 Sub Compact....this is a true, VERY RELIABLE/Durable weapon that has great accuracy, with a good feel in the sub compact.

The best handgun for me is a Smith and Wesson .40 cal.......Just awesome power, and even shoots like a Glock 9mm. Seems like it has less hop on the fire..Also, This thing will do damage, and is a reliable weapon. This will DEFINITELY be my next buy.

As for home defense, a nice Remington 870 12 Guage will do ya nice, and you can shoot some ducks in the winter with it:YEAH

But my new favorite weapon is my new toy.....Bushmaster AR-15

Name:  DSC00203.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  35.3 KB
Old 02-22-2008, 12:40 AM

Oh, and so everyone knows......i hate revolvers.....just to old of a design, and not weighted as well, don't feel as confident with one, nor do they have the round count.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:45 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

do u rather have the ar or the shoty for home defense???

and with a 9 am i ok for home defense???
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by DerekMey
Oh, and so everyone knows......i hate revolvers.....just to old of a design, and not weighted as well, don't feel as confident with one, nor do they have the round count.

I know what you mean, but revolvers are 99.9 percent guaranteed to work and never give you a problem and a lot of times be less bulky.
I want an AR myself but i gotta get the fiancee's ring first.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by DURTY

The shotty, i live in a one bedroom apt, with only kitchen, living room, and bedroom, with a bathroom that doesn't matter. Just because it's close range.....but overall the AR, i mean who can argue with 4 30 round clips and 3 20 round clips in a row coming at them..

To keep the shotty legal for hunting, i keep the plug in so i can only fit 3 rounds, but still those have a good spread
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 AM

Under extreme duress shot placement is going to go out the window.
The shotty, i live in a one bedroom apt, with only kitchen, living room, and bedroom, with a bathroom that doesn't matter. Just because it's close range.....but overall the AR, i mean who can argue with 4 30 round clips and 3 20 round clips in a row coming at them..

To keep the shotty legal for hunting, i keep the plug in so i can only fit 3 rounds, but still those have a good spread
cool coool cooooooool

but u didnt answer my second question about the 9 for home defense...good enough or no???
Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 AM

I know what you mean, but revolvers are 99.9 percent guaranteed to work and never give you a problem and a lot of times be less bulky.
BBOOOOOO THIS MAN!!!!! Get the AR, she can wait

and i never find revolvers less bulky, but reliable yes they are....but that's what i'm talking about, that's about their only advantage, and NOW-A-DAYS, all these damn pistols when they aren't taken apart are ******* reliable.....i mean honestly none of them are just gonna NOT SHOOT it it's lock and ready to go, but the design of a revolver is more simple, and simple as we all know mean's less problems because it has less moving parts. BUT THIS IS A NEW AGE, ALL THE GUNS ARE RELIABLE AS HELL.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 AM

NOW-A-DAYS, all these damn pistols when they aren't taken apart are ******* reliable.
^^^^ wat do u mean by that, sorry if its a dumb question but im noy sure wat u mean.........

.........and u still didnt answer my question get ur head in the game!!!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 AM

cool coool cooooooool

but u didnt answer my second question about the 9 for home defense...good enough or no???

OH ya, i forgot, like i said, i like the Glock 9mm, and for home defense ABSOLUTELY, cuz home defense protects for people not usually looking for a gunfight. NOW, if you kill someone's brother, and know they are looking for you, GO GET A .40, cuz he may be angry and jacked up enough to fall on u running after a couple rounds from a 9mm.

But forget big dick slinging gun *****, if you shoot someone, it will affect them, and if you KNOW how to shoot, then a blow-dart gun will stop someone in their tracks. Use the 9mm right, you can take a gang out. Good for Home Defense
Old 02-22-2008, 01:03 AM

SSSHHHH Don't be so loud she's sitting right next to me LOL
Old 02-22-2008, 01:04 AM

^^^^ wat do u mean by that, sorry if its a dumb question but im noy sure wat u mean.........
well almost everyone can take a gun apart, and lots of them can't get them back together, so what i meant was.....throwing a bullet doesn't hurt someone, if your gun is in pieces......with a revolver, a 2 year old can ALWAYS put it back together..

In few words, the slide action pistols today are only unreliable when they are in pieces... it was kind of a joke.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 AM

OH ya, i forgot, like i said, i like the Glock 9mm, and for home defense ABSOLUTELY, cuz home defense protects for people not usually looking for a gunfight. NOW, if you kill someone's brother, and know they are looking for you, GO GET A .40, cuz he may be angry and jacked up enough to fall on u running after a couple rounds from a 9mm.

But forget big dick slinging gun *****, if you shoot someone, it will affect them, and if you KNOW how to shoot, then a blow-dart gun will stop someone in their tracks. Use the 9mm right, you can take a gang out. Good for Home Defense
how much more effect will a 40 or 45 have as a wound??? then a 9 which has more kenetic energy???
well almost everyone can take a gun apart, and lots of them can't get them back together, so what i meant was.....throwing a bullet doesn't hurt someone, if your gun is in pieces......with a revolver, a 2 year old can ALWAYS put it back together..

In few words, the slide action pistols today are only unreliable when they are in pieces... it was kind of a joke.
ok ok thats wat i thought.......
Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 AM

how much more effect will a 40 or 45 have as a wound??? then a 9 which has more kenetic energy???

ok ok thats wat i thought.......
Put it this way, a grain of sand shot at 20 times the speed will have more kinetic energy than a 9mm, but will merely break skin and sting.......same effect with the 9mm but much more intense. Don't get me wrong, a pistol wasn't meant or invented to sting someone....it was made for a purpose and will do it right, just the .40 or .45 will do it .......more right haha
Old 02-22-2008, 01:36 AM

Put it this way, a grain of sand shot at 20 times the speed will have more kinetic energy than a 9mm, but will merely break skin and sting.......same effect with the 9mm but much more intense. Don't get me wrong, a pistol wasn't meant or invented to sting someone....it was made for a purpose and will do it right, just the .40 or .45 will do it .......more right haha
Old 02-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Retired

Think of revolvers as "five or six for sure" no safety to forget, no wondering if it will jam of fail to extract, no jamming magazine etc.etc

Shotgun for sure. AR is designed to wound not incapacitate. The probability of overpenetrating and killing the other occupents of your house/ neighbors house is very high. I would still go bigger than a 9. And just think how cool it would be for me to carry a 9 given my nickname, but i still choose a .40.

Word

AR is not a good home defense weapon. Long and not much take down power and high chance of overpentrating. Inside a house the shot spread pattern isn't going to be fully developed.

cool coool cooooooool

In reality, it probably is, but I'm saying go with a .40 or .45. Most people I know who buy a 9 for their first piece end up buying a .40 or a .45 later
BBOOOOOO THIS MAN!!!!! Get the AR, she can wait

and i never find revolvers less bulky, but reliable yes they are....but that's what i'm talking about, that's about their only advantage, and NOW-A-DAYS, all these damn pistols when they aren't taken apart are ******* reliable.....i mean honestly none of them are just gonna NOT SHOOT it it's lock and ready to go, but the design of a revolver is more simple, and simple as we all know mean's less problems because it has less moving parts. BUT THIS IS A NEW AGE, ALL THE GUNS ARE RELIABLE AS HELL.
five for sure.
equation is 1/2 the mass (weight of the bullet) times the velocity squared. The squared function gives a lot of importance on velocity. What you want in a defensive round is 12 inches of penetration and the largest wound channel possible (to sever as many arteries, veins, and what not to bleed them out as quick as possible)

Check out boxoftruth.com or theboxoftruth.com lots of good info there.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

this is what i want
I have this with a shoulder rig. I guess you could call it concealed but I'm pretty sure people would know I'm carrying it.

Quick Reply: best 9mm handgun