Mosin Nagant M44

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Mr Incognito is a decent person
Mosin Nagant M44

Just wondering if anyone shoots these things? I went out shooting with a couple of guys a couple weeks ago, and some guy had a Russian out there. This thing kicked like a mule. Fun as hell to shoot. So of course I had to go buy one. Picked up a SUPER minty one. The stock is in outstandingly good shape, and it has a brand new barrel on it. The guy I bought it from said it was never issued and only been fired a couple of times. I picked it up (Polish model) for 150.

Ive talked to a lot of people about these things and supposibly theyre unbreakable. People say you can throw sand and all kinds of **** down on the thing and it will still fire with no problems.

Just wondering what you guys think of this gun..
Old 03-17-2007, 10:41 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all
Re: Mosin Nagant M44

Never heard of one, post a pic!
Old 03-17-2007, 02:43 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Great gun for sure. Things kick like a bitch and I think most have the steel buttplates. Get a rubber pad for it and you'll be able to shoot it all day.

-Max.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:54 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I have a friend who has one, loves it. Good gun, definetly needs a recoil pad...
Old 03-17-2007, 05:44 PM

Its kind of hard to take pictures of a rifle lol. But heres a couple.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

my pops goes to weekend gun shows and sets up booths to sell guns. they specialize in WWII weapons... but they also get lightly into ak's, ar, FALs, etc etc...

but these are definetly good guns. 7.62x54mm round. same round as dragunov and pkm. good round. same as .308 just a little more charge (3mm more, lol). they are great guns.. the polish ones are mediocre. we have a m38, m44, 91/30 and a 91/30 era authentic sniper nagant. theres basically no safety on the things. there are soem good muzzle breaks for them too. They also make a slick black "monte carlo" stock for them. they are VERY accurate guns. you will have to modify your bolt to mount a modern era scope to the gun. out of all the issued nagants... the finnish ones are the best. expect to pay about 250 for a fin.

got a question for you? is the reciever hexagonal or round. also if you give me the gun markings and importer info i can track down its origin.

you just bought your self a high powered hunting rifle that competes with any $700+ bolt action rifle for under $200.

one more thing. gotta watch the corrosive ammo for these. Alot of the military surplus ammo for them are corrosive... so make sure you clean it everytime you shoot it if you bought eastern bloc military surplus rounds.

o yeah... haha... get some AP for it. HOLY **** does it penetrate some steel.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:29 PM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Vetter does he have any pump 22's? rifles?
Old 03-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

ill def ask...

o yeah and he just told me yesterday that there are no more unissued SKS's anymore. liek they are done. well whatever supply the world was using and unless the people over in the old ussr provinces come off anymore... gun dealers arent getting anymore. they ordered 25 and only got 2 and got their money sent back. usually theyll keep the money and jsut send the guns later. but they straight sent the money back and said "there are no more"

haha
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM

Thanks a ton for the info Vetter! Some good stuff in there. The guy I bought the gun from made it VERY clear, that if you dont use non-corrosive ammo, that my gun would be trash within a matter of a few days of shooting.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
ill def ask...

o yeah and he just told me yesterday that there are no more unissued SKS's anymore. liek they are done. well whatever supply the world was using and unless the people over in the old ussr provinces come off anymore... gun dealers arent getting anymore. they ordered 25 and only got 2 and got their money sent back. usually theyll keep the money and jsut send the guns later. but they straight sent the money back and said "there are no more"

haha

What kind of SKS's are you talking about. I just picked up a norinco sks. Chinese made.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by letsride
What kind of SKS's are you talking about. I just picked up a norinco sks. Chinese made.
those kind.

norinkos are the best too.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:21 PM

No ****, maybe I should hold on to it then, How much does your pops sell them for new?

Does he get any used guns or do any trades?
Old 03-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

no trades. sells "reconditioned" and un-issued stuff.

yes, hold on to that gun.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:02 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Originally Posted by Vetter
no trades. sells "reconditioned" and un-issued stuff.

yes, hold on to that gun.
No point in holding onto the gun unless for sentimental purposes. By the time an SKS is worth anything, your childrens children will be worm food.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

You can go to Fleet Farm and get that gun for a $125. That one is in good condition though so maybe $155.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:20 AM

I saw a case of 15 of these on gunbroker for $1000
Old 03-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

But like Vetter said. It may be cheap, but it is a very accurate gun. So its a definite keeper.

Hey Vetter

Are you saying that all SKS are done for or only certain models.

Ive been wondering why I dont see them around anymore much lately.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
But like Vetter said. It may be cheap, but it is a very accurate gun. So its a definite keeper.

Hey Vetter

Are you saying that all SKS are done for or only certain models.

Ive been wondering why I dont see them around anymore much lately.
i dotn knwo the details but there will always be soem floating around. what im saying is that there might not be anymore sks's being imported into the country.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Senior Moderators

Thats what I was thinking. Who would want to clean off that damn Cosmo anyways?

Im starting to hate my Yugo SKS. No matter what I do I can not get it to eject shells. I even tried the paper clip fix to seal the gas chamber which everyone says works. But still nothin.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 PM

I had a problem with my Russian SKS sticking shells in between the action instead of ejecting them all the way out. Found out it was the round I was firing. Wolf ammo is dirty as hell. It locks up my detachable 30 round magazine and doesnt eject all the way. When I use anything else the gun works like brand new though.

Quick Reply: Mosin Nagant M44