home defense

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:40 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

og ryan lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: home defense

a high powered rifle for home protection is a bad idea.. it is very hard to miss even from the hip with an unchoked 12 ga..
Old 01-10-2007, 09:55 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by og ryan lee
a high powered rifle for home protection is a bad idea.. it is very hard to miss even from the hip with an unchoked 12 ga..
with #6 shot and no choke, a 3"mag has a pattern about 3 feet wide at 15 feet and nobody will stand up after that.
ya well #6 birdshot is also a bad idea seriously, that's only going to go like an inch or 2 in even at 15 ft... you're going to have to wait for them to bleed to death, and more than likely just pepper their sorry *** like good ole dick cheney did If you're that worried about overpenetration, go with BB at the very least, but I personaly wouldn't load up anything smaller than #4 buckshot for home defense
Old 01-10-2007, 09:55 PM

6364daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
I think he meant frangible ammo... I don't think he'd say an AK won't over penetrate and be referring to hollow points hollow point 7.62's are only hollow because they're more accurate, not because they expand any better
actually hollow point are hollow to allow the lead in the metal jacket to come out of the jacket faster thus not over-penetrating. and frangible ammo will still go right through you..........I develped frangible shotgun shell ammo for Remington Arms and supervised in the rifle ammo.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

a 3"mag hi-brass with 1 1/4 oz of #6 shot has a muzzle velocity of around 1550 fps.. there are between 390 and 400 bb's in each shell.. these bb's are just a shade over 3mm (3.05) in diameter..

the only difference between #6's and #4's is the lower muzzle velocity of the #4 shot (around 1400fps) and lower # of projectiles (between 235 and 245 because of their larger size - 3.3mm).

I dont think that a bad guy would be able to tell the difference at a 15 to 20 foot distance because either round would kill anyone where they stand.
if someone shot you with a mod or full choke at that distance, you would easily lose a limb with either shell...
Old 01-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 6364daddy
actually hollow point are hollow to allow the lead in the metal jacket to come out of the jacket faster thus not over-penetrating. and frangible ammo will still go right through you..........I develped frangible shotgun shell ammo for Remington Arms and supervised in the rifle ammo.
What's with the big I? are you that self important? Remember the guy who said "I work for Chevron"...? https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...ind-oil-3.html I don't care who you work for.... All 7.62 ammo sheds it's jacket and the steel core is what does the penetrating, no matter what. The greatest benefit of HP 7.62's is their better accuracy, not their expansion characteristics, the differance in penetration between ball and HP in 7.62 is negligible. Ball or HP, 7.62 is still going to go through a **** ton of anything, no matter what. The differance in accuracy, especially at range, is huge, and that's the purpose of HP 7.62's. You only supervised in the rifle ammo...pfft
Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 PM

a 3"mag hi-brass with 1 1/4 oz of #6 shot has a muzzle velocity of around 1550 fps.. there are between 390 and 400 bb's in each shell.. these bb's are just a shade over 3mm (3.05) in diameter..

the only difference between #6's and #4's is the lower muzzle velocity of the #4 shot (around 1400fps) and lower # of projectiles (between 235 and 245 because of their larger size - 3.3mm).

I dont think that a bad guy would be able to tell the difference at a 15 to 20 foot distance because either round would kill anyone where they stand.
if someone shot you with a mod or full choke at that distance, you would easily lose a limb with either shell...
read again, I said #4 buckshot, not #4 birdshot. #4 birdshot even is still way WAY too small for use against human sized targets. #4 buckshot is like .24 caliber... number #4 birdshot is even smaller than BB, and BB is only .177 cal
Old 01-10-2007, 10:35 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

my bad... i missed that.

#4 buck is some bad *** ****, but you definitely have to aim it..

# 004 buck shot ***** at 1,100 fps. Massive and lethal injuries are usually produced by the violent release of the pellets in a six inch area when fired from 12 feet.
(copied from a manufacturer page)
Old 01-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

I got 10 cents worth to put on it. I am an engineer for Remington Arms here in Lonoke Arkansas. BUY A SHOTGUN. .22 are very deadly but you will be WAY more likely to miss with it. Same goes with all pistols even if your the world best shot with a pistol wouldn't you want 10 chances of hitting an intruder instead of one.

p.s. this is what i defend my home with. http://www.remington.com/products/fi...ine_magnum.asp

every piece of remington ammunition you find in the world comes from Lonoke, Arkansas. I am the process engineer over out shotgun shells production area. Trust me you WON'T beat ours.
Sounds like a cool job, but I bet safety is a pain in your *** because of all the powder and primers.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
Sounds like a cool job, but I bet safety is a pain in your *** because of all the powder and primers.
yeah it's a good job. I like it and safety is kind of a beeeya.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
What's with the big I? are you that self important? Remember the guy who said "I work for Chevron"...? https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...ind-oil-3.html I don't care who you work for.... All 7.62 ammo sheds it's jacket and the steel core is what does the penetrating, no matter what. The greatest benefit of HP 7.62's is their better accuracy, not their expansion characteristics, the differance in penetration between ball and HP in 7.62 is negligible. Ball or HP, 7.62 is still going to go through a **** ton of anything, no matter what. The differance in accuracy, especially at range, is huge, and that's the purpose of HP 7.62's. You only supervised in the rifle ammo...pfft
The big I is to let you know I know what I'm talking about. BTW F*ck what ya head but there aren't steel cores in 7.62 ammo. Sorry to break the news to you but you should really educate your self about these sort of topics before you go around . Not to say I know it all about ammo just a whole hell of alot more than you. What do you do for a living? I'm sure what ever it is you are way better at it than me. pfft
Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 PM

TNDragonrnr is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.taurususa.com/products/pr...egory=Revolver

This is my home defense..... I love it.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:42 PM

gsxtc is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a m4, i keep it unassembled in my truck though, and a mossburg 500 under the bed
Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 AM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pimpus Maximus
Buuuuut what about the 2 parents, a little brother, and sometimes an older sister living here.......Lol.

-Max.

buuuut what if they have to pay for your funeral? never go into a close quarters situation with a bolt action, especially a .22....
Old 04-01-2009, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Neither, get a shotgun or a pistol and make sure it has a light and/or laser.
a light? maybe a surefire, bright as hell and you can literally blind someone. a laser? not so much. lasers are like tracers, they work both ways. you get to see where you're aiming/shooting but the bad guy gets to see where you are in the process.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:45 PM

Pimpus Maximus is a decent person

Man, I cant believe how retarded I was 3 years ago.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 AM

yeah, well you were 3 years younger. people learn
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

in 3 years you'll say the same thing, the again in 3 years, then again in 3 years.....

it never ends, theres always something you do that you'll look back on and think "that was dumb"
Old 04-02-2009, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
in 3 years you'll say the same thing, the again in 3 years, then again in 3 years.....

it never ends, theres always something you do that you'll look back on and think "that was dumb"

tuchet'
Old 04-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Roadrash = Exfoliating

Valeska is a decent person

It's "touché"

sorry, I'm a french geek. (It means "I'm touched" btw)
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM

slickrick315 is a jewel in the roughslickrick315 is a jewel in the roughslickrick315 is a jewel in the roughslickrick315 is a jewel in the rough

i have a pitbull guarding the door and in my room up stairs i have a 16 guage single shot thing is old. works nice bitch has some kick. i have 2 kids up stairs so i wouldnt fire it up there but dog will give me enough notice to get down stairs or ill unload it and use it like a bat lmao
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1903.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	222914  

Quick Reply: home defense