636 fork mod

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:52 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 636 fork mod

Originally Posted by Tee-rex
I think the point hanksy is trying to make is you don't need anything more than 1 stock rear caliper on a stock disc with a f/t adapter fitted to circle till you so dizzy you can't hold on no more, what you do need is to learn how not to fight the bike and relax something most of us can't do so we perhaps think of things to do to the bike to help us fight it, I am guilty of this line of thought i fitted a four pot caliper to the h/b and it made my limited skillz even worse i killed 2 disc's in 3 weeks cos i had more brake and fought it with more throttle thats not the fault of the set up thats the fault with me, I think stoppies are probably the same the only thing that will help you is you not set up perhaps till ur rollin big distance a good example of this is kevyn hops on any bike and rolls on it like its his own bike, but if mods give people peace of mind or whatever its all good
replacing snapping forks isn't really a mod but a safety issue and having more rear brake then you need makes pretty good sense to me , it also keeps your brake finger from getting tired so quick
Old 10-14-2008, 03:16 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Kevyn can jump on any bike an roll sick stoppies, and the most hair-raising coasters straight from the word go. He is soooo smooth on his 60tooth-standard idle 954 too. I had a go on it, and was scared to try an wheelie it properly (CHOP CHOP)
Old 10-14-2008, 03:34 PM

Tee-rex is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
replacing snapping forks isn't really a mod but a safety issue and having more rear brake then you need makes pretty good sense to me , it also keeps your brake finger from getting tired so quick
I think as far as safety issue applies its only valid if you look after yourself

how many people wear a back protector and top notch body armour cos your are alot more likely to flip a stoppie than a fork leg snapping by a fair bit i would think, half the people i know stoppie in just a tee shirt or minimal body armour so i think maybe a good back protector will be a better investment
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

I think as far as safety issue applies its only valid if you look after yourself

how many people wear a back protector and top notch body armour cos your are alot more likely to flip a stoppie than a fork leg snapping by a fair bit i would think, half the people i know stoppie in just a tee shirt or minimal body armour so i think maybe a good back protector will be a better investment
spine protectors are a good investment and i should wear mine more often but lets be honest the thought of a fork snapping at 80 mph is more then enough reason to change your 03 04 forks

most people that flip a stoppie do it at the end trying to get that extra few feet not at the beginning of the stoppie and thats when the fork would most likely break if it was going to break
Old 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM

Tee-rex is a decent person

[quote=old man roger;3563206]spine protectors are a good investment and i should wear mine more often but lets be honest the thought of a fork snapping at 80 mph is more then enough reason to change your 03 04 forks

most people that flip a stoppie do it at the end trying to get that extra few feet not at the beginning of the stoppie and thats when the fork would most likely break if it was going to break[/quote

I can see where you are coming from roger but there aint that many people over here lifting at 80 mph most are prob half that speed but thats what i was saying if you are at that level of stoppie then set up is more important because of the speed involved and if i could lift and roll at 80 i would fit 2 sets of forks side by side
Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

Sins i've bin getting near BP stoppies, i always wear my back protector and elbow pads now, even for circles. I've got used to them so i just keep them on.

Oh and i have the 05-06 636 so my forks are ok
Old 10-14-2008, 04:17 PM
also known as OMR

I can see where you are coming from roger but there aint that many people over here lifting at 80 mph most are prob half that speed but thats what i was saying if you are at that level of stoppie then set up is more important because of the speed involved and if i could lift and roll at 80 i would fit 2 sets of forks side by side
well now your just giving him more ideas
Old 10-14-2008, 04:59 PM
SFDs finest!

pantsonhead is a decent person

I'd of gone for an 04 onwards R1 front end if any,damping and brakes quiet abit better than a 00 set up,the credit crunch has even caught up with O.M.M.We're all fucked then
Had your eyes lazed yet mark if you have don't look at yer share prices you'll feel sick!

Last edited by pantsonhead; 10-14-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM

Dragon69 is a decent person

Very wise words I've noticed you don't post as often as most, but when you do you make sense :YEAH , i'm guessing you are the wise Oracle that keeps SFD together
Old 10-14-2008, 06:35 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

I LOVE MODS AND MODDING marks skills and working practice/bike set up makes SFD look good. wish i had his insight skills and education...
Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by ALSTAR
I LOVE MODS AND MODDING marks skills and working practice/bike set up makes SFD look good. wish i had his insight skills and education...
Is there something between you two we don't know about hehe...couldn't help it, had to be said (sorry vandal but you know i'm a p**s taking biatch)
Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 PM

I would like to think so... respecting skill is a skill... in which ever walk of life u walk.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM

Well being as my bike is bored, gas flowed, has a full race system, once polished rims (in serious need of a good clean) and drag bars then i clearly respect mods but some are lucky enough not to need them too....hell i just respect anyone who rides a bike!!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 07:40 PM

is it you who ows me a race...?
Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Do i? Ok why not
Old 10-14-2008, 08:31 PM

ok but be gentle with me and how about a head start...lol
Old 10-15-2008, 04:08 AM

ok but be gentle with me and how about a head start...lol
Now that wouldn't be a real race would it....so you are asking for a handicap are you
Old 10-15-2008, 05:14 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
nothing wrong with after market parts ..

drag racers set up there cars for drag racing , motocross racers set up there bikes for motocross and gp racers set up there bikes for gp racing so i don't see any thing wrong hanksy setting up his women for sex
**** that made me laugh roger
Im only winding you lot up, me and hanksy are fine just having a laugh.
Every one to their own when it comes to set up eh. I was talking to hanksy on the phone as i was bitching at him on here ha ha.
Every one loves a little bit of hate posting ha ha.
I think kevin proves ya dont need a great front brake to pull long stoppies but trouble was for me my stoppies are **** so i was no where near bp and just hammering the **** out of the front brake, so it was fading like hell.
I really like the front end now.
Hey i was watching occ on sky, i can feel a springer front end coming on next LOL.
Can we have our make up cuddle now hanksy LOL
Old 10-15-2008, 05:18 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Originally Posted by pantsonhead
I'd of gone for an 04 onwards R1 front end if any,damping and brakes quiet abit better than a 00 set up,the credit crunch has even caught up with O.M.M.We're all fucked then
Had your eyes lazed yet mark if you have don't look at yer share prices you'll feel sick!
Hey Johnny the 04 onwards front end is 15mm shorter than the early R1s. So its no good.
Get my eyes lazered on 5th nov. Bugger Johnny i will be able to see ya properly then EEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 AM
www.hanksystunts.com

Hanksy is a decent person

Get your tongue out of his ****! He like **** lickers, makes him feel special lol

Quick Reply: 636 fork mod