Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:14 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person
Re: Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.

i had pizza before dodgems!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:20 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Ok, found lenny henry.
He said billy left him at a service station, and he met up with this guy, who put him up for the night.

Then today, he had a wedding to attend.

now he is with these guys...

Old 09-16-2008, 02:57 AM

Arnz is a decent person

Originally Posted by adam h
how did you get on arnz??? only your second time out on the cbr wasnt it??

Didin't do bad i think!! need as much practice as i can get lol but learnt alot off the boys the weekend. P.S haven't forgot about the log book m8 im on the case!!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:59 AM

Arnz is a decent person

Originally Posted by T1myboy
Gotta say well done Arnz, doin well for only second time out :YEAH

Thanx timmy you made my day
Old 09-16-2008, 03:06 AM
workWORKwork

coops is a decent person

aahh crickey!!! wot a long read
im glad i havent been to 1 of there comps yet but im gutted too as like some of u say its good to meet up and ride..

lets see what can be done to sort out this comps they do....
Old 09-16-2008, 04:13 AM

TOBY- is an unknown quantity at this point

Sparks you did not go so just dont get involved full stop. I went to this because I aint got much time left to go to events this year and was desperate to go and see everyone together and have a laugh of which saturday was good fun and enjoyed most of it.

For thoose who know I had a big crash and no have so nerve damage in my left arm so how and have constant pins and needles.

I for one wil not be going to another one of these events for a few reasons but the main one was safety. Nqi Dave and myself had nasty crashes and cant say that dave was not asked but the people who were sat around the arena watching safety guys what ever did not even look me in the eye. No ambulance on site near us no medical staff called not even a how are you mate in the evening.

I know we all soldier on and just got on with it and probably look if we ok and all But to hear that Racing still went on when there was no medical staff on site was to me unfogiveable. Especially after some Fat jumped up **** hitler ***** told us to move on to the dirt road and not to ride bikes around etc etc.

I went to have fun with my mates and did not mind paying to get in to practice for one day but to be treated like a little boy **** sunday morning there was no way I was staying then. If Trevor comes on and reads this then I hope He realises that we are not personally attacking him but santa pod staff and the silly fat ***** who does not understand what it is we do at all.

I for one will not be treated like a ******* little boy by anyone and the way the atmosphere changed sunday morning was sick. I had good memorys of santa pod as a boy and they spolied it.

I am so glad I have such good mates in the stunt scene and had a good laugh with the real people in the stunt scene. Sorry I did not say bye to everyone that am just wanted to get the **** out of there.

And Fat man if you come on here Loose some weight get on a ******* bike try and ride like me then you will be somewhere near being qualified to judge any uk comp, you clueless pratt glory hunting old timer this is a new day move on with it or **** off back to the cafe talking old **** akito leathers doghnuts and pow pow s mother ******
Old 09-16-2008, 04:57 AM

jabgo is a decent person

Originally Posted by TOBY-
Sparks you did not go so just dont get involved full stop. I went to this because I aint got much time left to go to events this year and was desperate to go and see everyone together and have a laugh of which saturday was good fun and enjoyed most of it.

For thoose who know I had a big crash and no have so nerve damage in my left arm so how and have constant pins and needles.

I for one wil not be going to another one of these events for a few reasons but the main one was safety. Nqi Dave and myself had nasty crashes and cant say that dave was not asked but the people who were sat around the arena watching safety guys what ever did not even look me in the eye. No ambulance on site near us no medical staff called not even a how are you mate in the evening.

I know we all soldier on and just got on with it and probably look if we ok and all But to hear that Racing still went on when there was no medical staff on site was to me unfogiveable. Especially after some Fat jumped up **** hitler ***** told us to move on to the dirt road and not to ride bikes around etc etc.

I went to have fun with my mates and did not mind paying to get in to practice for one day but to be treated like a little boy **** sunday morning there was no way I was staying then. If Trevor comes on and reads this then I hope He realises that we are not personally attacking him but santa pod staff and the silly fat ***** who does not understand what it is we do at all.

I for one will not be treated like a ******* little boy by anyone and the way the atmosphere changed sunday morning was sick. I had good memorys of santa pod as a boy and they spolied it.

I am so glad I have such good mates in the stunt scene and had a good laugh with the real people in the stunt scene. Sorry I did not say bye to everyone that am just wanted to get the **** out of there.

And Fat man if you come on here Loose some weight get on a ******* bike try and ride like me then you will be somewhere near being qualified to judge any uk comp, you clueless pratt glory hunting old timer this is a new day move on with it or **** off back to the cafe talking old **** akito leathers doghnuts and pow pow s mother ******
Well put Toby............
Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 AM

keithkeith is a decent person

hope your arm gets better tobes
Old 09-16-2008, 05:39 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Bloody hell wot a lot of reading i gotta get on and do some work
I have never won before and felt so deflated !!! Its such a shame as saturday was so so good to ride with every one.
I dont think any one can ever defend what happened sunday, the santa pod official chucking his dummy out, no organisation and the worst bit fat bastard telling us we all got it wrong !!!!
The one thing i do disagree on is the money issue. Joe said to me we paid to put a show on for them. We were the only competitors there who didnt pay an entry fee. Who complained about paying jon jon 40 quid for the sbf ??? At stunt wars its $150 to enter !!! Ya will always have to pay to compete. Shows and displays get paid for its always been this way. Jabaco when was the last time you got paid to race ??? Normally at these events there is about 10 paying public watching how does any one make money from that ??? Santa pod was unusal in that there was a lot of paying public there.
Ghostie you said we should be paid i do agree when ya do a show ya should be paid, but most of us dont have a name to sell we are no body . You have been doing this for years and are very professional, excellent bike prep, awsome show manship etc etc ( Fat git did say about bike prep) so you will get paid. Where are most of the new stunters gonna make their name if they dont get in front of public ??? They def are not gonna get noticed by a promoter in tescos car park !!!
The worst thing is i did call Trevor to warn him there was a lot of riders going over the weekend and that Jessy was going and it was time to put on a good show, and make sure the arena was big, Trevor i know ya will read this but there was no organisation not even a PA system this time. And the fat boy tells we should be more professional !!! How patranising !!!
Its such a shame a very big missed oportunity i think. All the straight liner guys are awsome including Trevor , shaun is awsome he is one of trevors guys he was the one over looking the stunt arena.
Im Gonna call Trevor and ask him to come on here a comment. I think trevs prob is he takes on so much at these events and over looks what we are doing
Phew i gotta get on and do some work now
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 AM

jabgo is a decent person

I have no problem with paying as i can probably say this for most people. The issue is the way the judge behaved! It was a comp to show how skillfull the riders are not a show for the public. The show for the public was the practice sesion and 15 odd riders stunting in a very small area a once is a show. You dont see Rossi win a race then by they way you havnt won because you didnt drift enough or wheelie for the crownd etc.

The big issue is lack of repsect from them especially the fat self acclaimed stunt judge!!!

It was good to meet up with everyone and have a laugh and i can safely say everyone enjoyed the sat (just prob not the ideal arena). Its a shame its ended up this way as it should have been awsome and with the weather behind it aswell.

Good to see the uk sceen is absolutly killing it......
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Originally Posted by jabgo
I have no problem with paying as i can probably say this for most people. The issue is the way the judge behaved! It was a comp to show how skillfull the riders are not a show for the public. The show for the public was the practice sesion and 15 odd riders stunting in a very small area a once is a show. You dont see Rossi win a race then by they way you havnt won because you didnt drift enough or wheelie for the crownd etc.

The big issue is lack of repsect from them especially the fat self acclaimed stunt judge!!!

It was good to meet up with everyone and have a laugh and i can safely say everyone enjoyed the sat (just prob not the ideal arena). Its a shame its ended up this way as it should have been awsome and with the weather behind it aswell.

Good to see the uk sceen is absolutly killing it......
+1
Old 09-16-2008, 07:53 AM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Toby, awesome post.

No I wasn't asked by any official if i felt alright or wanted to be looked at. I didn't even think of it before, but by the way some people described it, I could have been really badly hurt, and to have no-one even come and see if I was alright (staff,not riders) is a bit off.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:06 AM

ant... is a decent person

Im glad they didn't mess up my 50cc show

thats still making me chuckle

can i see the vid NQI Dave
Old 09-16-2008, 12:19 PM
www.te-style.co.uk

T-style is a decent person
Smile Re: Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.

Your a legend Ant fair play to ya !!

Originally Posted by ant...
Im glad they didn't mess up my 50cc show

thats still making me chuckle

can i see the vid NQI Dave
Old 09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

Originally Posted by vandal34
Bloody hell wot a lot of reading i gotta get on and do some work
I have never won before and felt so deflated !!! Its such a shame as saturday was so so good to ride with every one.
I dont think any one can ever defend what happened sunday, the santa pod official chucking his dummy out, no organisation and the worst bit fat bastard telling us we all got it wrong !!!!
The one thing i do disagree on is the money issue. Joe said to me we paid to put a show on for them. We were the only competitors there who didnt pay an entry fee. Who complained about paying jon jon 40 quid for the sbf ??? At stunt wars its $150 to enter !!! Ya will always have to pay to compete. Shows and displays get paid for its always been this way. Jabaco when was the last time you got paid to race ??? Normally at these events there is about 10 paying public watching how does any one make money from that ??? Santa pod was unusal in that there was a lot of paying public there.
Ghostie you said we should be paid i do agree when ya do a show ya should be paid, but most of us dont have a name to sell we are no body . You have been doing this for years and are very professional, excellent bike prep, awsome show manship etc etc ( Fat git did say about bike prep) so you will get paid. Where are most of the new stunters gonna make their name if they dont get in front of public ??? They def are not gonna get noticed by a promoter in tescos car park !!!
The worst thing is i did call Trevor to warn him there was a lot of riders going over the weekend and that Jessy was going and it was time to put on a good show, and make sure the arena was big, Trevor i know ya will read this but there was no organisation not even a PA system this time. And the fat boy tells we should be more professional !!! How patranising !!!
Its such a shame a very big missed oportunity i think. All the straight liner guys are awsome including Trevor , shaun is awsome he is one of trevors guys he was the one over looking the stunt arena.
Im Gonna call Trevor and ask him to come on here a comment. I think trevs prob is he takes on so much at these events and over looks what we are doing
Phew i gotta get on and do some work now

Hey Mark, some good points there mate... But there is a slight diffrence between paying to enter a comp and paying to do a falf assed show..
You pay £40 to enter SBF and in return there are prises, trofys, freebies and real judges not to mention an experiance not to be forgotten.
The straightliners events are not really like that IMO.
Even then it was still awesome to ride with everyone again but i dont think it would of matterd for me if it was there or in a tesco carpark.

As for getting noticed there is a huge marketing oportunity there so no one needs to do **** for free, you can market yourself via a website and videos and all you do is email promoters and get some shows behind you, in my personal oppinion there is no excuse for doing shows for free or undercutting other riders (not saying you do this), some people say "i just ride for fun" then go do shows for free, riding at shows is a bussines.

anyway when are we riding again?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

Originally Posted by Sparks!
So why hasn't anyone talked to them then rather than complaining after every event?!?!......................................... ........................

maybe I'm speaking to the wrong people, but this is a thread saying how **** the competiton was, is it not? so why am I now being attacked for saying something should be done? im confused
This is the first time i@ve had a problem with the stunt comp. and i'm guessing its the same for the others.

And its not a thread about how **** the cmp was, its about how **** the judging was and a few pointers on how they could help us out.
I do think you cant reply when you have not even gone to the trouble of going to even one. How can you say how **** it is when you only made your mind up from reading what OTHERS think??

Originally Posted by k3 dave
oh yeah i beat lee on punch machine (with my left )
No, you hit about the same everytime but i had the highest score:YEAH
Anyway, i'm a streetfighter, you better land a ******* good first punch

Originally Posted by N.Q.I_Dave
I wouldn't worry Craig, I agree.

Everyone: This comp was a joke!
Craig: Then do something about it?
Everyone: YOU'RE A ******!

I think this post is trying to get somethin sorted.
Stop sturing **** up
Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -Ludo
I do think you cant reply when you have not even gone to the trouble of going to even one. How can you say how **** it is when you only made your mind up from reading what OTHERS think??
I'm backing out of this now, but I just wanna say, I never said it was ****, I said people told me it was **** and a lot of people in this thread said/insinuated that it was ****. And for the record I was planning on coming to the next one, hence why I asked what people thought of it. I only suggested people talk to straightliners because everyone is so unhappy with it. Didn't think all this would happen over a suggestion.

Anyways, will leave it at that, hope it gets sorted at least.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by vandal34
The one thing i do disagree on is the money issue. Joe said to me we paid to put a show on for them. We were the only competitors there who didnt pay an entry fee. Who complained about paying jon jon 40 quid for the sbf
The reason i moaned about the money issue was, it was 1.30 and no sign of a competition? no one said it was gonna happen. So i was doubting we would have one.
Also, when i had said we paid to put on a show, was after the fat guy said, 'all of the top show riders play to the crowd'. When the difference was, we were supposed to be competeting, and the main aspect wasnt a show for the crowd (although i understand that has to be part of the judging).
And i was also a little pissed off after the fat dudes hour long speech.

I didnt mind the 40 quid at jon jons sbf, because, we had cash prizes, trophys, bike parts, jackets, crash helmets, and a pit bike at stake, which obviously some of this stuff has to be paid for.
But at that comp, it was just a trophy.

I didnt mean to offend/upset you (if i have), i was just a little frustrated at the time, and i know you have been helping Trevor etc.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM

SF Dave is a decent person

Some interesting points made there (and some feckin' funny ones too!), give me a few minutes to go over people's points and I'll post and see if I can help in any way...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:42 PM

SF Dave is a decent person

Hokay, here we go...
Vandal's covered a lot of the paints I was going to make, and it's good to see that people are realising that they need to speak to the Straightliners crew so that everyone goes away happy at the end of the day.

First off, admission price:- it's not a rip-off, at the end of the day, Straighliners have bills to cover that include insurance, emergency staff and venue cost, and all three of these increase when there's a stunt area, and this cost needs to be covered. Bearing in mind it was just twenty quid for the whole weekend, you got a bargain... And, as Ludo said, it's a small price for a place where you can run loud cans and get no police hassle.

Why have a competition and not just practice?:- it gives a focus, and a good reason to have a whole weekend of practice. Essentially the comp is a bonus, and also gives me an excuse to run a feature - if it was just a practice session then I wouldn't have that excuse...

Judging:- quite a lively issue this I think! First off, it was purely a matter of timing that Cannon became the judge. He pedalled up just as Shaun and Trevor were wondering who was going to judge it... Now, you have to realise that Cannon is an outspoken man (he'll be the first to admit that), and while he was heavily (no pun intended) involved with the stunt scene about 15 years ago, he certainly isn't particularly au fait with the modern "freestyle" stunt scene. So my advice is to just ignore what he said if you don't like it...

Commentary & PA:- The loudhailer wasn't enough (but better than nowt). But, as those who have attended and actually spoken to Shaun and Trevor will know, Straightliners don't have a huge personnel resource to draw from, basically it's just the two of them, and if it wasn't for them there'd not be any stunting at Straightliners meetings at all. Consequently, there's no commentator. But if you lot can find a knowledgable person who'd like to do the job, then I'm sure Straightliners can supply a PA...

Security staff:- It sounds as though their behaviour was inexcusable. I've always seen the Pod security as being pretty good, and even-handed, but last weekend I didn't see any of the usual staff. Maybe they've changed? Someone made the comment of them getting a bollocking from security for riding around when all of the drag racers were doing the same. Well, I was there all weekend and of the (very few) people I saw tear-arsing down the access road, all were stunters...

Judging method:- regarding the compulsories - I'm with you on the fact that the freestyle things gives the 'wow' factor, but what Trevor wants to see is who can deliver the goods when needed, in any conditions, so he needs to know who can do the basics as well as the fancy stuff. It's also perhaps the easiest way to allocate points - points for the slowest wheelie easily sussed by the number of seconds between the cones on the back wheel, length of stoppie, number of donuts round the cone... there's no personal preferences or lack of stunt knowledge getting in the way of scoring with the compulsories!

Arena condition:- a few have said it was crap. That is irrelavant as it was the same for everyone! Ater all, if you end up getting booked for a show, you'll have to deliver, no matter how small or shabby the venue is... I notice that none of the guys who were stunting over at the TT have complained about surface conditions!

Closing practice for lunch was simply because the emergency staff were having a break - the racing stops for a time also.

As he says, Lee spent some time talking through things with Shaun, which is exactly what is required - feedback! And with that in consideration, Sparks! you said you'll be attending the next event, please do so as that way you'll get chance to have a chat with Shaun and Trev and focus the events towards a perfect result.

And I have to apologise here, I'd hoped that I'd get chance to spend a while watching you, and having the craic with y'all, but I was flat out sorting other stuff all weekend, only getting chance to leg it over for the comp and fire a shitload of piccies off.

I hope that helps?

Dave

Quick Reply: Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.