Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:16 PM

rockstarbilly is a decent person
Re: Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.

well said dave. couldnt of said it any better.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:25 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

yes i did moan about the surface, but i did also say, It seperated the good riders from me
Also, i didnt see anyone with a loudhailer thing. Only the Sfd lot, who provided their own excellent commentry.
''go billy go'' in a very unexcited voice, also ''scrape'' when Dave k3 scraped LMAO
Old 09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

Nice to here your thoughts Dave, good to know what a NON stunter from neither side thought of the hole thing.

Is it just me then that thought the surface was good?? A few joining lines in the tarmac but when you found where they all are, its was fine, Nice for burn outs and stoppies.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:43 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

it was grippy, (although i got wheelspin a few times on wheelies), but it had a drain in it, a big dip, and lumpy bit, only decent bit i liked was the side nearest the drag strip.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
www.te-style.co.uk

T-style is a decent person

Cant really argue with most of that Dave ! :O) I think more input is needed from us and a little more organisation from the hosts.

Some members of the puplic commented on what brilliant non stop entertainment we also put on with our practice which should be noted as could possible end up with more revenue for someone so I think we all just want the same respect any other people get who are putting on a comp\show get.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Where were the emergency staff? (legitimate question, didn't see them)

Also, the fact that you say your judge just 'peddled up' gives a real insight into how little effort it seems you put into the judging.

Please note: I wasn't there sunday, so won't comment on how it is run. just going on what has been posted.

I personally enjoyed the saturday, but from what I've read on here it seems that many didn't enjoy the sunday.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:05 AM

SF Dave is a decent person

Originally Posted by T1myboy
Some members of the puplic commented on what brilliant non stop entertainment we also put on with our practice .
Yeah, I heard a fair few comments regarding the quality of stunting from Joe Punter, and also from some of those guys who had bikes in the Muscle Bike SHow on Saturday. Proof in itself that these kind of events help to promote the sport of stunting.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:08 AM

SF Dave is a decent person

Originally Posted by N.Q.I_Dave
Also, the fact that you say your judge just 'peddled up' gives a real insight into how little effort it seems you put into the judging.
Dave - don't get the impression that I'm involved with organistion, I just have some insider knowledge!

And what it gives a real insight to is NOT the 'little effort' but the fact that there's no-one to do it. Cannon has some stunt experience, and he was there, Shaun and Trevor have no stunt experience, and there was no-one else... The choice was someone with a bit of experience, someone with no experience, or no-one at all...
Old 09-17-2008, 04:25 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Hey Ghostie i do hear wot ya saying and yep i do agree too. I just think that if the sfd crew had never done any of Trevors meets we would still be riding on our own in deepest norfolk dodging rabbits on a disused air field LOL. As the only event we would have done was sbf and unfortunatley this year it has not happened.

Hey Joe it would take a lot more than that to upset me

SF Dave lots of good points there.
Safety wise the paramedics were to hand they were on a radio link with Shaun , trouble is i have to own up to this on sunday he gave it to me because he had to go to the office otherwise we had to stop riding.Because someone has to oversee wots going on,(Insurance wise) and i gave it to johnny who was watching the whole time.
So it was not as bad as ya think safety wise, johnny was undercover safety officer !!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:32 AM

ant... is a decent person

Security staff:- It sounds as though their behaviour was inexcusable. I've always seen the Pod security as being pretty good, and even-handed, but last weekend I didn't see any of the usual staff. Maybe they've changed? Someone made the comment of them getting a bollocking from security for riding around when all of the drag racers were doing the same. Well, I was there all weekend and of the (very few) people I saw tear-arsing down the access road, all were stunters...
Almost all of that i would agree with, but I have to say Bullshit to this bit

First, you can hear the difference between a 600 stunter and a turbo busa.
Second, I didn't see any stunters arsing around out of the penn and I was there when DST got his bollocking.

But i wasn't everywhere at once so did anyone else break the rules? or did anyone else get any warnings?

T-Rex is my new hero. When the security told us DST had shut the show down, T-Rex calmly called his bluff and replied "Well if youve made your mind up" and then the SFD went to remove their bikes from the penn. The guy totally **** it and ran back saying "i didn't mean it" with his tail between his legs. Classic
Old 09-17-2008, 04:49 AM

vandal34 is a decent person

Hey SF Dave
I think the compulsarys that Lee and shaun set up were a giggle!!!
I just think they should prob carry less points to the overall tally as it is supposed to be free style but i say keep the compulsarys even though i cant stoppie for ****
I also think a whole lot of the problems were caused by Cannon with his little speach at the end. It upset a lot of people.
The commentry could be done by timmy or johnny i say def would be a good idea they would make ya laugh for sure.
Judges ; I know trev didnt want any riders judging as they could be bias but there are a lot of riders who dont do the comp. Wot other choice have we got ????
All just my opinions prob not worth a ****
Old 09-17-2008, 05:48 AM

jabgo is a decent person

Lee mentioned a good idea for the furure judging...

All riders judge each other, say give a mark out of 30 write it on a piece of paper fold it and put in an envolope. Once the comp is finnished add every ones scores and jobs a good one all done. Highest score wins.

I think that is a fair way of judging because people do have different opinions on whats a good run and not so good run.. and i dont think anyone in the stunt sceen would deliberatly give someone a low score to help there chances (or i certainly hope not). At the end of the day we all do because we love it and the buzz which is achieved but every one always wants to win...

Also in my eyes some sort of comentry is needed

I think its a good a fair idea feedback please
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 AM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SF Dave
Dave - don't get the impression that I'm involved with organistion, I just have some insider knowledge!

And what it gives a real insight to is NOT the 'little effort' but the fact that there's no-one to do it. Cannon has some stunt experience, and he was there, Shaun and Trevor have no stunt experience, and there was no-one else... The choice was someone with a bit of experience, someone with no experience, or no-one at all...
pay me to get up there and I'll do it.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:59 AM
The RISK Club

GHOSTIE is a decent person

Originally Posted by SF Dave

. Cannon has some stunt experience,

was he sposed to be eddie the kids soft landing but forgot to turn up?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:19 PM

mungo is an unknown quantity at this point

just because he was fat dont make him a bad guy lol
Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM
SFDs finest!

pantsonhead is a decent person

Very decent of you to reply dave.
I don't agree with some points you made as you've seen from my previous posts and they havn't changed.But with coming on here and reading the tread thats a big plus in my eyes.
Freestyle stunt riding is one of the very few motor sports where it comes down to talent and effort alone.£3000 pounds(i know its alot to some but pennys in motor sport) can be all that needed to have a top spec stunt bike,then its up to the rider.Chucking more money at the bike willn't help!Lets keep it this way,the shiney bike and leather though looks good, shouldn't prevent a cute little sponge with a plain bike and no matching leathers or clothing from winning :YEAH
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by vandal34

Hey Joe it would take a lot more than that to upset me
Just checking man, as i dont like upsetting people:YEAH

So it was not as bad as ya think safety wise, johnny was undercover safety officer !!!!!
That isnt very confidence inspiring

Cannons little speech
That was not a little speech!!!! I was pulling yawning faces to my sister for some of it.
(no i dont need any Hanksy pulling something else at my sister jokes. )
Old 09-17-2008, 02:35 PM
www.te-style.co.uk

T-style is a decent person
Smile Re: Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.

+1 Johnny

Originally Posted by pantsonhead
Very decent of you to reply dave.
I don't agree with some points you made as you've seen from my previous posts and they havn't changed.But with coming on here and reading the tread thats a big plus in my eyes.
Freestyle stunt riding is one of the very few motor sports where it comes down to talent and effort alone.£3000 pounds(i know its alot to some but pennys in motor sport) can be all that needed to have a top spec stunt bike,then its up to the rider.Chucking more money at the bike willn't help!Lets keep it this way,the shiney bike and leather though looks good, shouldn't prevent a cute little sponge with a plain bike and no matching leathers or clothing from winning :YEAH
Old 09-17-2008, 06:39 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

really hope Trevor hands the series over to someone responsible that has love for the sport insight and resources to pull it of and not just turn what we do into a bland side show...
Old 09-17-2008, 06:45 PM

Mystery is a decent person

God you lot moan more than a bunch of old women, . I thought you were supposed to be radical freestylers :YEAH

Pick a spokesperson or two (pref someone who was there) and sit down and have a chat with Trevor etc and see what you can sort out between you. I'm sure you can sort things out enough to benefit you all. No point in moaning in cyberspace, lol.

And yes i am a girl and yes i do know what i'm talking about...well to a point

Last edited by Mystery; 09-17-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Was you at santa pod?? We need your backing.