ant...'s new wooden 12bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 03:40 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ant...'s new wooden 12bar

this is whats gonna happen when you scrape that ****

More importantly that could lead to your bike catching on fire like this cow bike

Old 08-25-2008, 04:37 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

Get a ******* FIDDY. Then no broken anything, bike our yourself.you can loop out on a fiddy 300 times and your not gonna break anything on the bike and mabe get a little road rash. How many of you would stunt a fiddy before they would sport A deck on the back of there stuntbike? Im sure theres not one person that could say a fiddy is gayer than that **** ya got rigged up there. ive seen lots of people hit there 12 bar with out hitting brake and pulled out of it.. what are you doing so wrong that ya wreck all the time and decide to put that on there.I think you need to concentrate.. focus .. smoke some weed if it helps ya zone out.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by -matt g-
post a video!

i want to see it in action
+1
Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 PM

mungo is an unknown quantity at this point

take 1 step at a time ant take that piece or wood off, fit a throttle stop and put it on the bar from a stand still with your feet down it will take 30 mins max before you are doing it time and time again , you will progress from this quickly i recon ,

but to be honest there is no quick answer to this and the more you practice the better you get FACT
Old 08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Ant, Lee beat me to it, about him learning BP but.....
Lee learnt balance point, with alot of practice. He and the VBSX (and a few other solo riders at the time) were like the only people doing balance point stuff.
They had no one to learn from, but just reading this site (which was alot quieter then) and getting out there and actually doing it.
Nowadays we have alot more help, so we are reaching balance alot faster (look at hanksy after 3 rides, compared to some people after a year).
Its really not that hard to learn foot control, once you smash it a few times.
I learnt on a fiddy, so i had it real cheap. I flipped 5 times and was like, ouch must remember the rear brake.
Out of every stunter in the world, i think your one of the only people to try and use that!!!!
And look at every one elses progress...
Once you have bp, and 12s, what you gonna make to help yourself circle?
Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM

J Dollaz is a decent person

Originally Posted by Sparks!
I think you should stain it for that finishing touch.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:17 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

Originally Posted by mungo
take 1 step at a time ant take that piece or wood off, fit a throttle stop and put it on the bar from a stand still with your feet down it will take 30 mins max before you are doing it time and time again , you will progress from this quickly i recon ,

but to be honest there is no quick answer to this and the more you practice the better you get FACT
he already had the idea once for a throttle stop .. that just wouldent work. at all.. think about it.. whats he gonna stop it so it revs to 6g's? then whats gonna limit him at bp.. hes just gotta practice.. take baby steps.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:26 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sorry but stunt riding is dangerous, requires a degree of skill and the ability to listen, take advice and practice.

I don't think Ant has any of that, I've never thought of telling someone to give something up if it's what they want to do, but I'm close to saying it

You're never going to make it like this.

When I was a n00b I saw Lee scraping the tail on a GSXR600 (funny that was the same person as you saw ...) and I thought it was amazing and I'd never be able to do it..... but I done it well over a year ago and have done it sat on the tank since as well as many other tricks.

I didn't bolt half of B&Q to the back of my bike or anything like you are.

You're just going to hurt yourself one way or the other.

I suggest you take that off, TURN YOUR IDLE DOWN, learn to go easy on the throttle and train your right foot to press the brake.

You have a 12 bar, even if you go too far back you should be able to just rest it on the bar like every other n00b does. You are blatantly doing something seriously wrong if you're crashing so bad, and that piece of wood is only going to "help" you so far.

But if you ignore the above, at least can you make me a wooden subcage please because my peg keeps folding up in ralph louie and I cba to order an OMR yet can you glue, screw and mitre joint it for extra strength please

p.s OAK finish would be nice
Old 08-25-2008, 05:43 PM

vandal34 is a decent person

Ant i find this ******* hilarious but i was talking to the SFD chaps today and i am worried ya gonna hurt ya self mate. Stop riding on ya own and go ride with some others who can show.
Still bloody funny though
Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Ant, you have a good spot and good people around you who can help.

Take off the wood, and take this advice:

Fit a handbrake. (boo hiss I hear you all yell) Learn on the hb until you have some understanding of how to control a bike, then move onto fb.

I did it, and my fb control is still garbage, but as I said to Joe on friday: Try doing a ralph louie on foot brake.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:52 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point

You could use a bit of 2x4 to press the rear brake whilst in ralph louie.

In these situations, just ask yourself

"What wood Ant do?"

:
Old 08-25-2008, 05:55 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by N.Q.I_Dave
but as I said to Joe on friday: Try doing a ralph louie on foot brake.
Try no handers on a hand brake

I almost said, Try one hand JFBs on handbrake, but then i realised, ya dont need a brake if your a pro.

when i can ralph louie, im moving my rear master to passenger peg and gonna show you, BITCH. (ps, yes i can left foot brake, as i could circle my pitbike with left foot on brake )
Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

In that case I'm gaffa taping my handbrake to my hand off the bars so i can do no handers with it.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
StuntStarz World First

Joe87 is a decent person

No no, i meant NO HANDers

Old 08-26-2008, 01:21 AM
the noob squidator

ryda is a decent person

:YEAHant you are a top man
Old 08-26-2008, 04:18 AM

Adzzz is a decent person

thats ridiculous........... ant your gonna hurt yourself listen to what everyones saying!!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:46 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

Ant i really was hoping it was a photoshop job, if you've been at BP and now know what it feels like, how can you need something like this?

Get a tripod and a video camera, set it up at the side of the road, or at the end and keep it recording while you ride. That way you'll be able to see the height you're getting without the need for half a forrest attached to your bike.

You keep talking about Vandal's training regime, if you stick to that, and film yourself you'll see massive improvments.

Good luck
Old 08-26-2008, 05:25 AM

Location: www.justmotorcycles.net. moorespeedracing.com. www.theriskclub.com
squidburt is an unknown quantity at this point

wow wow wow some harsh words said there. lee your being a bit over the top craig your still a noob.

its stupid but if it works theni would have kept it to myself. just make it out of metal and have the size. an dont give up because people say o who the **** are they to tell you that. get a hb then you can launch with your feet down And learn the brake control. dw your a long way from no handers
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 AM

ant... is a decent person

Squidburt - thats the way i feel about it, only made it out of wood to see if it would work and im not trying to suggest its a better way of learning, it just stops me falling off when i hit 12 oclock, like 50% of you have seen me do Then i thought i would post it up here for you guys to have a laugh at, didn't expect Lee or anyone to take it as a "slap in the face".

The wood has gone now but the principal worked.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:08 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

ant, are you trying to scrape or balance,

you talk about balance, then talk about 12 o'clock, which one is it?

if you're looking for balance then you should find it before hitting the 12 bar. in your case the 12 bar is your safety net, you shouldn't ever be hitting it (gorrilla scrape) if you're at bp, even if only for a few seconds.

if you've gone up so much on the gearing and still flipping it, it's because you don't have throttle or brake control.

work on the rb doing zeros, and the throttle can and will only come with time.

As always, ride for the fun, not what others think, but if you're blatantly gonna ignore everyone's advice, the stop posting up here until you're willing to listen

Once again, good luck

Quick Reply: ant...'s new wooden 12bar