My turbo quad...(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 08:29 AM

aw4g63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bring it , dont sing it bench racer. I'll be riding it at stuntfest all weekend. Look for the Southtown records dudes.........

Old 04-11-2003, 08:58 PM

Banshee is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 04-12-2003, 12:15 AM

Is that duct tape I see on your turbo?
want me to send you a dollar for a wash?
Your an absolute moron if you think that that pos could beat a Banshee
Old 04-12-2003, 09:40 AM

deogey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Banshee
Heres a sweet *** Blaster...
LOL you said "*** BLASTER!"
Old 04-12-2003, 09:45 AM

Wow, dude. You can go pay for your performance like the tool you are. Im heading out to thompson speed way to run it down our local 1320....

Id like to see you construct anything by yourself.

My deal still stands while you still run your "hater" mouth.

I will be at starboyz stunt fest june 20-22. If you have your cute banshee still , asuming you dont roll it down a hill ,also assuming you own a banshee, I will then race you. Other wise

BUt the **** out of my thread you hating POS

Old 04-12-2003, 09:51 AM

Im nto here to flame anyone, I was just showing my $20 project. But I guess the haters gotta hate on it.

Its cool, they dont have the ***** to back their words.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:14 AM
Regular StuntLifer

jdmimports79 is an unknown quantity at this point
what did it run?

steve
Old 04-13-2003, 05:10 PM

You asked for opinions, and that what you got.
Old 04-13-2003, 09:17 PM

dirtjumperrob is an unknown quantity at this point
so uhh whatd it run?
Old 04-13-2003, 11:38 PM
BEST RIDER EVER

taubr unit is an unknown quantity at this point
i got a 300ex with a turbo out of a old grand am, 2.2 ltr i think, think i can put it on my quad?? And bein a 4 stroke how you think that would work?
Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 AM

First off, Im not even responding back to the people I feel are putting negitivity into this thread. I said to come to Starboyz stuntfest if you got **** to talk, otherwise you just a E-thug talking **** over a keyboard.....Big & tough guys

I will post my time slips when I have a chance to aviod people calling BS on me. I will say alot of cars cant hang with this thing so your banshee will be a fun race for me.

Originally posted by I.B.W.S. Jerry
i got a 300ex with a turbo out of a old grand am, 2.2 ltr i think, think i can put it on my quad?? And bein a 4 stroke how you think that would work?
Make it work, I didnt sit on web boards and ask people "how to do this or that", Just turn on the welder, bust out the sawzall and go to town. Get it running and bam you can out run cars at the track in a fourwheeler people make fun of. A four stroke would boost alot better being that it has valves, Valves play a large roll in boosting a motor, Intake & exhaust vavles are timed. Thus making it better for holding the boost in.
What do you have to loose? Just start off running rich then lean it out to yeild the performance you crave

Its all about the "sleeper", So when some asshat on a banshee that paid double what you did gets owned by your POS you can look back and laugh at him, with pride knowing he cant even weld, let alone make a turbo set up. He would rather spend $300 on a FMF pipe that gives him 3HP then to go out on a limb and make his own power using knowledge thats been obtained by vering from the pack.

Stay posted, I will have a time slip posted this week sometime.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:09 AM
Regular StuntLifer

you dont have to post your time slip...just say what you ran...60ft time 1/8 time, 1/4 time and MPH or if you only remember 1/4 and MPH then that is cool too.

steve
Old 04-14-2003, 10:18 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough
****, I give him an A+ for originality. Kinda like somethin' ya would see on monster garage.

Other than track times, i'd be interested in seeing dyno pulls. If you can indeed get the turbo to spool up & get a decent amount of boost - that light little blaster must fly.

do you have an estimated Horse Power you think ur running at full boost?

Old 04-16-2003, 09:24 AM

Well running very badly on 114oct I pulled a 19.38@60.8X, Ever run your banshee? Yeah well if its stock its right about there. So keep talking **** banshee. lol

Im hardley happy with that time, Im going to be doing some fine tuning once I get a bigger carb off a 250 , Then Im gunna run CO2 to the exhaust collector to get a better spool out of the turbo, Id like to see how many PSI I could get with out leaning out. I think with small boost & a carb set up its endless.

The 1/8th mile marker was broke, Its been broke at Thompson speed way for 3 years. Im going to Norwalk Race Park with in this month to see the 1/8th time

Im not having any luck with scanning these slips, How ever im hoping to get the video up. 3 gear banging burn out & 1/4 passes.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:45 PM
Regular StuntLifer

a banshee would have a faster 1/4 mile time i would think cause you finished at 60mph....and i have seen stock banshees run on the street against cars and get to 60 before the 1/4 mile. so if you had less speed in the 1/4 then a bansee a banshee will have a better 1/4 mile time. did you ever put the gauge on and find out how much boost you were running. i think a bigger carb and a bigger jet will do alot better. did it seem like it was bogging or anything....i cant wait to see that video. lol what POS track has the 1/8 broke that is the most important time when it comes to a ATV........are track here is shitty as hell but all there points work.

steve
Old 04-16-2003, 03:27 PM

Well,Thompson is a **** hole.

Banshees dont top out much higher then 60 actually and I bet mine will hit 60 well before a banshee. My stock gearing is limiting me to the times I can pull. Im going to get something along aline of 10 F and a huge rear sprocket. That should help my traps.

Mean while Im starting to get back into my car. Soon enough it will hang with plenty of other things on the road.

This isnt nearing the end, it has alot of power to be milked still, I can be boosting more then 4psi. A bigger carb really isnt going to do a whole lot more then supply more CFM, Im running very rich at times. So fuel supply isnt a problem, its the amount of air being dragged in.

Regardless I have talked to some people who have not trapped lower then 18 secs on banshees with a good amount of mods. Im taking it for what it is. Im not out to compete, just roar around the neighbor hood with a turbo quad. All for my love of possitive manifold pressure. :D
Old 04-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Regular StuntLifer

see imo 4 wheelers should only be allowed to run the 1/8......4 wheelers are garbage after that.

steve
Old 04-16-2003, 04:34 PM

Originally posted by jdmimports79
see imo 4 wheelers should only be allowed to run the 1/8......4 wheelers are garbage after that.

steve
Allowed? How do you propose this? Why? Why not just run it then use your 1/8th accordingly? Ohio doesnt have a 1/8th track, thank god.

Im not going to stop till I pull at least a 16 sec quarter, or trap above 80mph. I have some motors in mind that I can get for about $300 max. A guy around here put a Katana motor in a KX500 custom frame w/ the laughing gas he ran alittle slower then a 12.5. Thats impressive on a quad.lol Just dont say its a Katana motor.lol

I have all summer to play with it, Im also almost done with my POS street/ dirt dragster. That should be intresting. Pics will come one day.

Be forewarned, anything I do looks dirty & nasty, but what relevence do looks hold when it walks you?
Old 04-16-2003, 05:44 PM
Regular StuntLifer

i ahte 1/8 mile tracks too but for atv's they run out of gears so quick the 1/4 is pointless........i dont think you are going to come close to 16 sec 1/4 miles with that blaster....putting a motorcycle engine in a 4 wheeler fram is something totally different....if that is your way of going 16's in the quater then i can see that...but not that turbo blaster. im not downing anything your doing i think its cool as hell...and i would probably **** my pants if i seen a 4 wheeler coming by me and hereing the spooling of the turbo....i just dont think its going to happen.

steve
Old 04-16-2003, 06:16 PM
JTL

JTL is an unknown quantity at this point
A stock Z400 can run a 17 and i bet a Banshee with minimal mods would run way faster than that

Quick Reply: My turbo quad...(pics)