Wake up the thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 11:13 PM

150grl is a decent person
Wake up the thread!!!

Guess everyone has been out riding since the weather is getting better by the day--- at least up here, finally!!! Just interested if any girls are going to the Reality show in 2 weeks in NY???

From any experienced females who have wheelied- is that the easiest stunt to start with and do you use the clutch or just push it down and bring it up with the throttle? I am on a 600 f4- just wanted a girls opinion. I am so ready to start practicing but just nervous about the first one Any advice would be appreciated. See y'all and be safe!!

:bouncesmi
Old 04-20-2003, 11:21 PM

150grl is a decent person
ha ha

Oh yeah - my first stunt Ha ha - only about 10 miles per hour!! Just thought it was a funny pic - hey no laughing it's a start!!
Old 04-21-2003, 08:48 AM

BT5357 is an unknown quantity at this point
You're off to a good start. Now all you have to do is crank that throttle back, dump the clutch and lose the " dork " passenger ! Just playing with Ted, ......
Old 04-21-2003, 09:01 AM

BT5357 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am upset to see that you didn't give me any credit for expert camera work .
Old 04-21-2003, 10:48 AM

BTBreezie is an unknown quantity at this point
It really depends on you.......you could start with wheelies or start with acrobatic stuff, like christs. That is how i started and it really helped me get the feel for my bike. What ever you choose to try be safe
Old 04-21-2003, 01:30 PM

SexyRocketRider is an unknown quantity at this point
i just started with simple stuff when i began to learn...got comfortable with the bike and what it can and cant do. good luck!!
Old 04-22-2003, 10:48 AM

kutzy is an unknown quantity at this point
keep on trying
Old 04-25-2003, 10:15 PM

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it alot of it depends on your teacher. There's one trick that's really "safer" to learn than other tricks, especially wheelie's. Skitchin is pretty easy. if you can have someone ride a crossover, get you up to speed, you start off on the seat , slide back to the passenger get used to that felling a couple of runs, then eventually slide off the back. This way if you cant get back up the person doing the crossover can stop the bike for you. Way safer!! Make sure he/she gets you up to about 80, third gear or so and tell them to leave the bike in gear. When you first start it's alot easier than doing it in nuetral. When it's in nuetral the bike is moving away from you making it harder to get back on when in gear the bike is slowing down pushing toward you making it easier to get back on. The best part about this is if you have someone on the front he/she can stop it for you if you get in trouble. Try it out. My opinion before whellie's. If you have your heart set on them get a quad, alot cheaper to fix if you crash. you'll get the general idea with a quad or dirtbike. Let me know how it works out for you. And write me if you have any more ?'s!!
Good Luck and Have Fun!!

Vanessa
Old 04-27-2003, 01:31 AM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Wake up the thread!!!

Originally posted by 150grl

Guess everyone has been out riding since the weather is getting better by the day--- at least up here, finally!!! Just interested if any girls are going to the Reality show in 2 weeks in NY???

From any experienced females who have wheelied- is that the easiest stunt to start with and do you use the clutch or just push it down and bring it up with the throttle? I am on a 600 f4- just wanted a girls opinion. I am so ready to start practicing but just nervous about the first one Any advice would be appreciated. See y'all and be safe!!

:bouncesmi
I can't make the Reality show. Can't get off work.

As far as easiest stunt to learn, it all depends on what you feel comfortable with. I started on sit down wheelies and after awhile I started to get frustrated especially after I lost 2nd gear trying to shift in less then a week on my 96 900rr. Then I started trying standups, kept them low and long and then worked on my height(vids and pics help) so you can see were you really are. Because wheelies when you are starting feel like you are going to flip over and in reality you may be a foot high. It just takes time and lots of practice. After I lost 2nd gear I rode the bike till I blew the motor in 1st gear standups for over a mile long. Then I went to the 929 and lovin it. The balance point will eventually come to you and once you hit it you will know. What an awesome feeling Just Practice and Practice it will all come in time. Here is a before and after pic...

By the way I started bouncing it up. My best advise is learn to cluth it up. Because I am learning the clutch now for 12's and only wish that I learned to clutch it first.

Last edited by Laura Freestyle; 04-27-2003 at 01:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 01:36 AM

Before
Old 04-27-2003, 01:37 AM

After
Old 04-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Been here a LONG time

RRQT has a spectacular aura aboutRRQT has a spectacular aura aboutRRQT has a spectacular aura about
Post New Stunter ...

I got my bike license last year and I am looking forward to a FULL riding season this year. I am anxious to stunt but must admit that I am a little nervous ... I really enjoy being a passenger during the stunts but would love to be able to pull them off by myself ... Everyone has some kind of advice ... I need the "safest" stunt to start with - I have a new infant and a 3 year old and can't afford to kill myself ... HELP!