Redline Xtreme Photo Gallery
www.Redline-Xtreme.com
Tampa Bay Area, FL

DEAL GONE BAD!!! What' your take?

Old 03-24-2004, 12:09 PM
www.Redline-Xtreme.com

RedlineJimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
DEAL GONE BAD!!! What' your take?

I will copy and paste the chain of events as they unraveled. It is LONG, but if you are bored it is some good reading. Post if up what you would have done in my situation. I don't want to think I am a 100% a$$hole for my actions in this deal.

Brief Summury: I sent out my old GSXR 750 Wheel (Included the Rim, tire with 60%-70% tred left, brake rotor, & cush drive) all for $150 shiped. It cost me $45 to send this over to Cali which brings his price of the goods to $105. I stated up front that the rim was dented and leaked air lower than 20-28psi. He then gets the tire and claims it is "Off Balance"...well no **** !!! The whole outcome of the great story below..........

> >>>>> >>To: redlinejimmy@msn.com
> >>>>> >>Subject: wheel
> >>>>> >>Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:44:02 +0000

We have a problem. Dont get the wrong impression, im not all pissed off.
But that wheel is ****ed. I took the tire off and put it on a balancer,
and that thing wobbled all over the place. Definately not safe. I know
that doing these sort of deals we can run into problems like this, but I
would like to send the wheel back and recieve a refund. Let me know what
you think.

Ryan
>>>>> >From: "JAMES MARTIN" <redlinejimmy@msn.com>
> >>>>> >To: irishrocket@hotmail.com
> >>>>> >Subject: RE: wheel
> >>>>> >Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:40:32 +0000
> >>>>> >
The tire is off balance clearly because of the dents on the side of it as previoulsy explained. I really do not see how it is unsafe once you toss on a tire at normal psi(34-36). I rode with that rim for over a year at extremely high speeds and never had a problem. Not sure if you seen our video, but everything filmed in that video was with that rear rim on it in the same condition it is now. A motorcyle tire and car tire are completely different. I assure you once you mount a tire on there and inflat it to 34-36psi you will never even realize it.
Here is what I propose...actually try out the rim with a tire mounted on it. Not sure why the old tire was removed, however that is besides the point. If you can actually tell the tire is off balance than I will refund your money. I have been riding for 7yrs and have not once balanced a tire out...waste of time and money....you will never feel it as it is soooo minimal. I still gaurantee you that the rim will work just fine. The only reason I switched was for slow wheelies which would require lower psi(15-20).

Jimmy

----- Original Message -----
To: redlinejimmy@msn.com
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 4:06 PM
Subject: RE: wheel

I finally put the wheel on the bike and took it for a spin.
Around town it was no problem, but honestly when I hit the highway it felt
different from my last wheel. Im just not comfortable with it. I hope you're
still up for your offer, because I'd like to send it back for my $150.

Ryan
To: "Ryan Kelly" <irishrocket@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: wheel
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:14:40 -0500

Hey Ryan,
Honestly I am sick of getting screwed on these types of deals. The $150 was including shipping, so at the most you would get back is $105. Your best bet is to put the tire up for sale if you really do not feel comfortable on it. You could easily make $180 off that rim and tire if you put it out there for sale.

Thanks,

Jimmy

To: RedlineJimmy@msn.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:07:53 +0000

Actually no, the most I should get back is $150. Because I'll be
paying to ship it back to you. And I dont think Im screwing anyone, I
think I got screwed. That wheel is ****ed, and I think Im being polite
about the whole thing. Maybe you're getting screwed on these types of
deals because you are selling badly damaged products. You knew what you
were sending me, and you weren't really honest about it. You made a deal
with me, and I held my end of it by trying the wheel out. You said if I
didn't like it, you would refund my money. Im not trying to screw you
in any way. I just ask what is fair. I hope you will re-think this situation.
To: irishrocket@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:11:10 +0000

I clearly stated that the rim was bent and does not hold air under 25-28psi. If the rim is bent and doesn't hold air under 25-28psi it is obvious that it will be off balance. Not sure what myths you have been told about a tire being off balance, but it is certainly nothing to sweat over or be concerned with. Over the year that I rode on the tire that way I felt no difference & no way impacted the riding performance. You got a Rim that holds air, tire with 70% tread left, cush drive, & brake rotor for $105. You could easily get $150 +shipping if you were to sell it yourself. This is the first time I have ever sold anything, so no I have never screwed anybody in the past. Just sick of people not taking responsibilty for their own actions. Basically, it boils down
to....you get what you pay for. In this situation, you got a good deal but
for some reason can't ride with an off balanced tire.?.

To: redlinejimmy@msn.com, irishrocket@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:59:05 +0000

First of all, I dont want you to forget about the deal you made with
me. Here is your exact quote I copied and pasted from below..."Here is
what I propose...actually try out the rim with a tire mounted on it. Not
sure why the old tire was removed, however that is besides the point. If
you can actually tell the tire is off balance than I will refund your money."
Remember that? Here's another quote from you..."You could easily get $150 +shipping if you were to sell it yourself". If I could so easily sell it again and
make more than you did off it, why are you so afraid to take it back
and sell it again?

And I dont know how I'm the one not taking responsibility for my actions. Im just doing business and going through with our plan. You are right, you stated the problems with the wheel. And maybe you are right that I got what I paid for. But now seeing what I paid for Im willing to pay more for what I actually want. And this wheel is not what I want. So I propose that we go ahead with the plan we laid out before. If you still have any problems with this, I have all of our emails and PMs from Stuntlife saved. I'd be more than happy to forward all the info to Shugga and let him know how someone he promotes deals with fellow stuntlife members. And then maybe let all of stuntlife know not to deal with you on matters such as this. I dont know why it had to come to this man. Simple transaction gone bad.
Just do the right thing.

Ryan
To: irishrocket@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 05:28:44 +0000

Do what you feel is necessary. If I got something that was not what I expected and was told what I was getting up front then I would just shrug
it off as a lesson learned. I could see if I lied and claimed it was something it wasn't, but I didn't and had no idea a rim being off balance was going to be such a big deal. Honestly it never came to mind or brought up when you pm'ed me asking questions about the tire. If it did I would have said I am sure it is off balance but have never had it tested before, because I personally didn't give a rats *** if it still worked. I am not a businees and nor do I sell stuff often. The rim and tire was the first thing I have ever sold besides our videos. All the Speedrag stuff we sell off our site is dealt directly through Speedrag. We are just the middle man getting fellow stuntriders a good deal on a product. I got all the PM's and emails as well, but hopefully you will be a man and live up to your own actions. If not, I have nothing to lose over it as I explained what you were getting up front and never lied about anything. I never have scamed anybody in the past and no reason for me to start now over something so stupid. It's the fact that I "honestly" explained the condition + had detailed pictures and you still wanted the tire even after I said I could have easily sold it during Stuntwars yet I held onto it for you. I then paid for the box, foam things inside it, and shiping to Cali so I basically made a whopping $100 off the deal. Do what you feel is necessary at this point, but I doubt anybody will see your side of the story. Just sell the rim/tire.....make a profit and buy a new mint condition rim. Next time someone says a rim is bent consider it being off balance too. Sorry that you feel a off-balanced $100 rear rim/tire is unsafe to ride on and caused these issues to rise. Honestly,if I felt I was in the wrong I would not think twice about refunding your money.

To: redlinejimmy@msn.com ; irishrocket@hotmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:52 AM

Yet again, I want to remind you that you made a deal with me. I did my part
and I would expect you would be a man of your word and hold up your end of
the bargain. And I dont believe for a minute that you "held onto the wheel"
for me. Im sure after seeing it, no one wanted to buy it. I dont know why
you're getting all worked up about "scamming" people. I never said you did
that to anyone. You mentioned that you were, "sick of getting screwed on
these types of deals." That gave me the impression you havent had good luck with this stuff in the past. I dont see what the big deal is. If this
thing isn't so hard to sell, just take it back and sell it again. You're obviously happy to be rid of the burden of this wheel.
Of course any normal person would care about a tire being balanced. Why
else would shops be required to balance a wheel? Besides, you never said
the wheel was bent, you said it had some scratches and dings. If the word
"bent" was ever mentioned, I would never have even considered it. This really isn't that big of a deal. You should be a man of your word and uphold your end of the deal. But you obviously know you made out like a bandit on this one, so you dont want to. If I send the wheel back, its an even swap. You get your wheel back and I get my cash. Done deal.
To: Ryan Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 4:27 PM

**** THAT! I said it was dented or why else wouldn't it hold air!?! You now are accusing me of being a lier and that gets me pissed off to no end. Please describe to me the difference between bent and dented. Because to me they mean the same ****ing thing. The ONLY way I would even think about swapping the tire out is if you ate the shipping cost as I previously offered. I don't deserve to lose $45 out of the deal because your sally *** can't live with an off balanced tire. Stop being a ****ing glamour rider and stunt the **** of of your gsxr. Like I said, I get called a lier and my calm-cool attitude I have goes out the window. Shops balance tires because they know they can make a quick buck off sally riders. Same reason they tell squids they should buy a new front if they get a new rear tire....bullshit. That is just another money making scam, but the cool thing is I reap from their stupidity and get there perfectly good tires for free.
Burden of the wheel!?! I just sold the damn GSXR and was trying to clean out the garage a bit for the wife. I put that tire for sale no less than 2 weeks after selling my bike. You are the one that needs to MAN up and stop being a little sally rider. I tell you what is a DONE DEAL! That is you eat the shipping cost and get $105 back or you get nothing....Done ****ing Deal! You will be lucky if I even accept that after all your false accusations and gay assumptions.
Also, if you do happen to have your old PM's you see that I told you I would hold the tire/rim if you were 100% sure you wanted it. Just another false accusation! Just curious, are you the bike wash boy for the shop because you sure do know a lot about nothing.

To: RedlineJimmy@msn.com ; irishrocket@hotmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 5:30 PM

Wow, seems like someone sure got a little sand in her panties. I think the
name calling (sally) was a little uncalled for since I did not call you a liar (great spelling by the way). And you are obviously one hell of a ghetto rider. My bike is cracked up and I dont mind riding it that way. Im far from a glamour rider at this point. But the way you ride and your knowledge of bikes is obviously only obtained from the ghetto atmosphere you must live in. How's your trailer doing by the way...get new wheels for it yet?
So since you are such a shady mother ****er, have no knowledge of what is actually good for a bike, and can clearly not own up to his word (no *****), I think I'll do as you suggested the first time. I'll turn this bitch around
for a profit. It did cross my mind to return it to you and take a bite on teh shipping, since I do work at a shop the cost to me would have been zero. But **** it. With your shady tactics, I'd probably never get my money back. Who knows though, maybe later I'll be feeling charitable and I'll send it back anyway. That way you can buy some wife beaters or maybe some new blocks for the trailer.
Well, I better get back to "washing bikes". I hate when they get dirty. Have a good one and give your boyfriend a nice little hump for me.
To: Ryan Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 11:43 AM

Ghetto Rider!?! Dude you crack me the **** up with your screwed up assumptions. Talk about being one shady mother ****er. You propose I fork out $45 for shipping on my end, yet you can ship out the stuff for free through your shop!?! So basically you are trying to make another $45 off the deal. You got some nerve admitting that one dip ****. It was $150 SHIPPED! NOT $150 + shipping or the deal would have come to $195. My proposal was fair considering you got EVERYTHING I described for $105. Plus you would have not lost any money seeing your shipping cost would have been free. Your just one of those sally riders that can't live with an off balanced tire. Please enlighten me on how a off balanced rear tire is going to effect your ridding!?! I could see if it was the front, but the rear give me a break.
Oh yeah, the double wide is doing great! Has the bike shop promoted you from bike wash boy to janitor or secretary yet like you were hoping for. Go balance some tires and shut the **** up!!! I should have known for the beginning when you couldn't even figure out Paypal I was dealing with someone "Special". You are just a few nuggets short of a happy meal. Maybe I will humor myself and call the shop up to see what you actually do there for ***** and giggles.

Last edited by RedlineJimmy; 03-24-2004 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: DEAL GONE BAD!!! What' your take?

A few nuggets short of a happy meal, thats some good ****! I hate when people buy stuff that they know is less than perfect then bitch about it when they get it. I ride with a decent sized dent in my front rim, and if I really cared that much about it I would have it bent back. If he works at a shop he should know some folks that can fix a dented rim. I don't work at one and even I know some people.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 PM

LewisKA is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy needs to quit acting like a *****.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:06 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

if the dude still has the set up have him send it to MCWheel in NH, dude puts bent rims to mint in about 3 weeks and costs about 80 bucks. 150+80 = 230 for a drive, rotor and now mint rim and tire....... you wouldnt find that deal on ebay thats for sure... that would prolly go for 400+
Old 03-24-2004, 01:21 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

TILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Now thats quality **** right there

Jimmy take that $$ and get yer self a speak and spell bro.. dont worry about the wife beaters either.. use the flow for the surfer on yer site http://www.mytrailerpark.com/

Last edited by TILLER; 03-24-2004 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:26 PM

sillyg is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not give him **** back he knew what he was buying. He is just being a bitch. You owe him nothing
Old 03-24-2004, 02:30 PM

redneckrider is an unknown quantity at this point

f@#k him Jimmy he is a huge ***** whoever heard of balancing your rear tires if he works at a bike shop he should know its a waste of money. I think you live in a nice doublewide.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:40 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by redneckrider
f@#k him Jimmy he is a huge ***** whoever heard of balancing your rear tires if he works at a bike shop he should know its a waste of money. I think you live in a nice doublewide.
look what he used the money for .. smart move jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
redneckwind_chime.jpg (35.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Liv fr PEACE prpre fr WAR

D-UNIT dem xpt is an unknown quantity at this point

bent wheels dont mean **** i waffled the **** outta my front rim...the only reason i changed it was cause it made endos very difficult...lol...that kids a douschebag....."go on brush ur shoulder off....." jimmy
Old 03-24-2004, 03:01 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

StuntRagz Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

tell him to put a ding on the opposite end of the rim to balance it
Old 03-24-2004, 03:15 PM

GSE_Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99TILLER
look what he used the money for .. smart move jim
What an ***.
You bought a used rim as is that was not 100% perfect condition. Then he gets a rotor, tire and cush drive? All for about a 100 bucks!?!
Suck it up and stop being a bitch. That is a deal. Put a tire on it and have YOUR shop balance it and go on your way, you got a deal.
Trailer?
He insults you saying he will report you to Shugga and tell him of your "wronging" a stuntlife member, and then calls you ghetto and trailer trash?
I can vouch for Jimmy's residence, it is a trailer, a real real real real nice trailer, like he said with no wheels, sits on a concrete slab in a gated trailer park. What a dumb ****!
I can also say Stuntlife won't do **** if you feel you got a raw deal. It isn't our responsibilty to wipe your tears when you don't get what you want and you get what you were told you would get.

Jimmy, your not wrong here.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:23 PM

xAshleyx is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow what a dumbass! He couldn't figure out paypal!! :D

I liked how once he realized you weren't going to take it back he decides to act all cool and try to make a profit off of it. You rock.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:15 PM

JONESER is a decent person

Told Ya Jimmy...
You explained what the dude was gonna be getting and he bought it anyway.
Don't give him back ****!

BTW, You do have a NICE trailer to be in a gated community.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:34 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

what a ***....maybe u guys should just fight over it.....in the trailer park of coarse
Old 03-24-2004, 04:49 PM
*****SL.COM OG*****

Originally Posted by GSE Mike
what a ***....maybe u guys should just fight over it.....in the trailer park of coarse
Backyard wrestling 4.. live at lot 3 in the grassy corner trailer pizark
Old 03-26-2004, 01:59 PM

MattC is an unknown quantity at this point

holy **** that whole thing was entertaining, i gotta use that whole "a few nuggets short of a happy meal" i'm still laughing about that ****. i wouldn't give him a refund on his ****, or take anything back, he knew what he was getting, and he got it.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:40 AM

iwannagixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

all this talk about chicken nuggets has made me hungry. thanks guys.

anywho, keep the dough, you stated the condition of the tire prior to sale. he can't do **** about it.
Old 03-27-2004, 06:23 PM

lbdwag is an unknown quantity at this point

Screw that noise... Keep the money you got, let him do what he wants.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:12 PM

ricky is an unknown quantity at this point

*** that ! don't give him **** he got a hell of a deal . be a don't sweat the small ****!
Old 03-28-2004, 10:31 PM

Turtle will become famous soon enoughTurtle will become famous soon enough

that sucks man.......lose lose situation......