flat trackin , im hooked

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:07 PM

JOELTAN is an unknown quantity at this point
flat trackin , im hooked

Ok, so my day started off with only the thought of going to practice to see if this would be something I could be interested in doing since with stunting there are favorites and such. So i went out for the day and wasnt able to ride until 5 pm . (been there since 11am). They told me, "since your gonna practice, why dont you just race?. So I decided I might as well just to beable to get out there and have more track time. Now for you guys that have never seen a flat track bike, THERE IS NO FRONT BRAKE. which was kinda weird to me but i understood the concept. So after gettin some pointers from some National Champs that were there . I proceeded to race. My first heat i got a 2nd . And my second heat i got 3rd only because the 1978 bike that i was riding bogged on me comeing out of turn 4 while i was in 1st place and the group passed me. I figured this wasnt the Main and i didnt need to kill myself so i just watched the other riders and there style and how they were braking and what i could do out be faster.
Now to the Main event.:D Im thinkin i got this and that I am hooked into this new sport. Light turns green I get the launch and it was a battle for twelve straight laps between me and first place. As I had seen the white flag come out I knew this was my last chance. I late breaked the guy in first came up the outside of him through turn one and coming out i couldnt pull him so i ended up getting 2nd place in my first time ever flat tracking. I love it.
The following day i took kelly out there to try her hand and she is now pumped about racing. Im not knocking stunting or anything but racing is about whos faster. Theres No Judging for favorites or because your someones friend and maybe get a cut of the winnings (its happened before).
We are still going to stunt and do tandem but racing is where its at.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:24 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: flat trackin , im hooked

I LOVE racing flat track!! **** is insane fun and will help with drifting on the streetbike & vice versa
Old 07-27-2009, 02:29 PM

Tomball_D is an unknown quantity at this point

flat trackin is off the chain, Kenny Roberts is a hero of mine.
I saw nicky hayden ride a 1/8 mile oval and it was the smoothest sliding motion I have ever seen, he won by like 3 laps over 2nd. The mile is where its at.
+ the bikes are loud as ****, i wanna do it.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

We build flat track bikes out of KTM525's Crf450's all the time. 19" front & rear....i want to go slide one around right now. A guy I work with has a dirt oval track at the house with a tt course through the inside if we get bored running the oval
Old 07-27-2009, 04:07 PM

JOELTAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -SKETCHY-
We build flat track bikes out of KTM525's Crf450's all the time. 19" front & rear....i want to go slide one around right now. A guy I work with has a dirt oval track at the house with a tt course through the inside if we get bored running the oval

thats the same way the track is set up here in ocala
Old 07-27-2009, 04:18 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by joelhickmanfreestyle
thats the same way the track is set up here in ocala
Old 07-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Wannabe

Zarrell is a decent person

Sounds like great fun
I'll add it to my list of stuff to try in the future
Old 07-27-2009, 04:43 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

Originally Posted by Zarrell
Sounds like great fun
I'll add it to my list of stuff to try in the future
You will be hooked!!