Chicagoland Riders Photo Gallery
This is for non-group affiliated stunters from around the Chicago area to post about local topics. These guys post too much... They get

Spots Burnt Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 08:44 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
True... Sooo... How about this... If this means so much to you all.

See about contacting a BUNCH of business owners out there with more secluded lots and see what they say? If its cool with the place, lets rock. Maybe give him some free stuff... Free advertising... We are all sponsored by "XXXXXXX" and sun the places stickers... if thats what they do there. WHo knows ... just throwing out ideas cause we know one thing. Cant take it to the streets 100% of the time!!
Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Shugga
True... Sooo... How about this... If this means so much to you all.

See about contacting a BUNCH of business owners out there with more secluded lots and see what they say? If its cool with the place, lets rock. Maybe give him some free stuff... Free advertising... We are all sponsored by "XXXXXXX" and sun the places stickers... if thats what they do there. WHo knows ... just throwing out ideas cause we know one thing. Cant take it to the streets 100% of the time!!

Thats a very good idea, everybody likes free stuff.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:20 PM

zeusrotty is an unknown quantity at this point
um, most of the building owners are either millionaires or very large corporations. and their liability for letting you guys stunt out there would be tremendous. in other words. someone crashes and you can sue the **** out of them. i am betting that they are very aware of this. a few stickers, t shirts ect to someone in there shoes is nothing. compared to the kind of hit they could take if some punk sued. if they were to sponsor any of you guys, it would be a miracle. no large corporation wants there stickers or advertising on a bike that just crashed into a wall on the freeway because he was doing 90 mph standups. or some rider flew by them at 100 and at the next light , there is a sticker that says so and so company. its kinda like jesse james with a bank of america sticker on his saddle. its just bad publicity.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:40 PM

kc50 is an unknown quantity at this point
actually I bet Bank of America wouldn't mind a sticker on Jesse James' bike, that guy gets all kind of camera time
Old 07-31-2003, 10:49 PM

t-pole is an unknown quantity at this point
I've only been to this spot once, and it was on a Sunday. I can see the owner of the company getting pissed if your stuntin while their open. Mostly because of the amount of downtime for the employees it'll cause from them watchin ya. I know at my work if something is goin on outside, EVERYONE has to stop what they're doin and go watch. This includes when I'm pullin wheelies or stoppies, oops.

But if you're tryin to get in with the owner/manager, I'd bring this up too, or just not go there while they're working.

Just a thought.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:51 PM

Tigger is an unknown quantity at this point
yea unfortunately i have to agree with zeusrotty. nobody from the place,that actually has the right to do so, would give the okay to use their property. we live in the age of lawsuits for everything. why would a company say "sure come on my property and use it as you wish for your sometimes dangerous activities. oh and by the way, promise you won't sue me for everything i own when you hurt or kill yourself or somebody else, okay?" cause bottome line is that unless you are on the property by breakin the law, your safety is their responsibility. it sucks big, but thats just the way it is.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:46 PM

No, the oddds are never good, and they may never be even close to in our favor, but **** me if I'm not gonna give it a shot every once in a while. I say it all the time, if it were my property, I wouldn't let jackasses like myself trick there. But sooner or later, you're bound to find a jackass with property who thinks its cool and doesn't know any better. I love stuntin, and I hate tickets. Private property is the way to go, even if it doesn't come easy. Lata
Old 08-01-2003, 12:12 AM
Erion 929 Pimp

DoubleRJef is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by kc50
I love stuntin, and I hate tickets. Private property is the way to go, even if it doesn't come easy. Lata
WORD!!
Old 08-01-2003, 12:15 PM

sillyg is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by DoubleRJef
WORD!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by zeusrotty
um, most of the building owners are either millionaires or very large corporations. and their liability for letting you guys stunt out there would be tremendous. in other words. someone crashes and you can sue the **** out of them. i am betting that they are very aware of this. a few stickers, t shirts ect to someone in there shoes is nothing. compared to the kind of hit they could take if some punk sued. if they were to sponsor any of you guys, it would be a miracle. no large corporation wants there stickers or advertising on a bike that just crashed into a wall on the freeway because he was doing 90 mph standups. or some rider flew by them at 100 and at the next light , there is a sticker that says so and so company. its kinda like jesse james with a bank of america sticker on his saddle. its just bad publicity.
I neber said it had to be at Weber road... I know a few guys that woudl allow it... except they wouldnt risk the burnouts on thier nice lots.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:20 PM

zeusrotty is an unknown quantity at this point
uh, burn outs? the things that arent allowed at any of your previous spots? and i wasnt sayin at weber either. i was just sayin in general. and i would bet your friends would be really pissed when some sqid finds your spot, gets himself hurt, and he or his parents sue because he shouldnt have been allowed there in the first place. i am not against you, i am with you. i am just stating the facts. so whats up w/ the
Old 08-06-2003, 08:06 PM

burnouts happen one way or another at spots, despite whatever anyone says. Whether theres a rap video that needs burnouts, or a silverado that needs to do burnouts, or my happy *** doin burnouts while parked on the bar (new trick...always wanted to do that!), or skid marks (check yo pants), or marks from settin down wheelies. They happen. Just like $hit, it happens. So..............WHATEVA :eatya :YEAH
Old 08-06-2003, 09:53 PM

sillyg is an unknown quantity at this point
WURD