Stuntwars

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 09:07 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
OK...

first of all B's question about competitors having to pay gate fees was never answered, so what is it???

As for the events:

Slowest Wheelie AGAIN... so that the crowd can see EVERY person there, cause by now who CAN'T do a slow wheelie, go down the track, hey TEACH, the crowd might be askin for that whiskey and shotgun!!!

Then, longest endo sounds great, but WHY do it twice??? It looks exactly the same to the crowd!!!

I understand you want events that are timed or measured, but come on, come with something interesting to watch. I assume you missed the thread i started on longest coaster?!?!? EVERYONE seemed to want to either participate or see that!!!

And how about emrocks suggestion, something HARD, longest NO-hander???

And what about the payouts??? WEAK!!! Only paying to third??? I seem to remember a recent comp that paid to 15th..........

Team event sounds pimp, nice pay!
Old 12-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Creater/Founder

shugga will become famous soon enough
Wow thats deep...

Gotta respect a man for speaking his mind

I dont know specifics of the event there... What I do know, is we could have made ALOT more coin at the event we put on last year if we didnt pay out over $8000. Remember, our event didnt even have any sponsors!

Im all for riders getting more loot in thier pockets. Im also all for the entrepeneurial spirit. You can make your money and give back to the community all at once. In the long run it may work out better, may work out worse.

One thing Todd has going for him is that if he pays or doesnt pay, the people will goto the event. So why should he pay when they will come no matter what?
Old 12-08-2003, 09:46 PM
Hater proof

CrazyJ is a decent person
i can agree with what sclevela said about the driving halfway across the US to compete ..Ill speak for IBWS and myself we drive 20 hrs to lakeland ,even if i won 1st place it wouldnt even cover the gas let alone the hotel and everything else ..it dont matter to me im in it for fun i do work a 8-5 job so do all the guys ! we take off work for a week to drive down atleast make it worth it so we have something to look foward to if we win ..not even sayin us what about all the guys from NY and cali michigan iowa ....texas ,all across the US ?

underzen is an unknown quantity at this point
If the people (that means non stunt riders) go then why not put on something that would be interesting. All timed and measured events, i guess the only thing thats going to get them excited is a crash which i would hate to see someone get hurt .

Come up with some ideas to stimulate the crowd. going with John and steve on this one..

AMEN
Old 12-08-2003, 09:55 PM

cstmgsxr is an unknown quantity at this point
well put....

events do need more charisma to tham, it gets boring by 1 oclock having so many competitors with such a small trick list......
and what about amature or pro? would i as an amature have to go up against someone like scott from starboyz, or brandon from PBR???
Old 12-08-2003, 09:57 PM
P. O. S. E. R.

Scott_LegionST is an unknown quantity at this point
longest coaster. measured. fun for the fans.

longest no hander. measured. something different. and it looks better for the fans. and besides every tom, dick, and harry can't enter.

c'mon todd. two stoppie events. y not just hold one and give the guys twice the money?
besides the fact that the fan's aren't going to want to watch it twice.

drop slowest wheelie and replace it w/ longest no hander.

drop timed or longest stoppie and add longest coaster.

and please tell me that the riders that are perfoming and bringing in the crowd don't have to pay gate fees. please tell me that.

zoltan
Old 12-08-2003, 10:09 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Scott_LegionST
longest coaster. measured. fun for the fans.

longest no hander. measured. something different. and it looks better for the fans. and besides every tom, dick, and harry can't enter.

c'mon todd. two stoppie events. y not just hold one and give the guys twice the money?
besides the fact that the fan's aren't going to want to watch it twice.

drop slowest wheelie and replace it w/ longest no hander.

drop timed or longest stoppie and add longest coaster.

and please tell me that the riders that are perfoming and bringing in the crowd don't have to pay gate fees. please tell me that.

Nothing is set in STONE, as far as all the Events,

That is why the board is here,

Todd put these events up 2 see how the riders would reacted.

postive feed back is what people like 2 hear,

Thanks for the ideas i am sure Todd and Team X-Treem
will consider them.

I

zoltan
Old 12-08-2003, 10:10 PM
OGStunter

Todd Colbert is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by sclevela
yah know i was gonna leave it at that but i gotta ask somethin.....................todd lets face facts u have made an assload of money of this sport. Some will say u earned it (which i feel alot of it u have) some will say u got it through not so "sport friendly" (when i say sport i mean stuntriding) ways ie// the bs about the video footage that mysteriously made its way onto a video that makes alot of the sport look like ********....................which by the way i dont know for a fact u were involved in but i do know u never said u didnt do it. WTF bro u have a monopoly on lakeland for competitions ie// people cant put them on there without goin through u (or so i was enlightened) and u stand to make alot more money on this sport no matter how u choose to play the game. Now u know people are gonna show up to this event..............and these peopls know yer gonna charge at the door (which i will say uve got very fair gate prices) and charge for entry fees, and on top of that video tape the event and use the footage to make more money. Why not give a little of that money back and pay these guys who are out there doin what u used to do..................puttin it all on the line just cuz they love it. These guys who compete everyday have real day jobs (alot of who are takin unpaid days off to travelk half way across the country to compete) they dont make a living stunting. Why is it fair for u to make a living off of them competeing for a measely couple hundred bucks? Bro all im askin is think about what it was like when u first started riding and think about the teams that have looked at u and seen what u have sponsorshipwise and want that! Todd u have a chance to lead by example hear and give back to all those guys who paid yer way in the beginning and who without today there wouldnt even be a sport..............just the starboyz, lvx and team extreme puttin out video after video............these guys are the future of the sport show them why they should stay in the sport and be one of the few who gives back..................or go the way of pauly and be that guy too

hey take it how u want it aint personal it just is what it is!

funny how some nobody from fla can take one year and organize and entire series that pays out till 15th place yet a guy whos supposed to be a sport innovator cant throw an event whos entire purse adds up to just the first place winnings in that series!

lata
llama
lobster
leavin!
Your forgetting 1 thing STARBOYZ put out a video called STUNTFEST remember that one obviously not!!!! They wouldn't even let anyone film their own team for footage SO if your going to bash someone about filming the event BASH THE STARBOYZ I never put out a video of just 1 event that I put on, and as far as making money from the event YES we do Chris, Adam and I are apart of this event not just me and we also put back more and more money back into the advertising to make it bigger and bigger each year which attracts bigger Sponsors to look at riders and I have helped other teams get Sponsors and they never even said so much as Thanks So enough said I put back into the sport alot more than you know..... Iv'e been doing this since 1995 iv'e put the leg work in....so if you don't like the event or what it stands for stay the F**k home. I get really tired of defending myself over dumb as **** like this.

T

Last edited by Todd Colbert; 12-08-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:19 PM

AND THESE STILL NEED ANSWERED TOO

first of all B's question about competitors having to pay gate fees was never answered, so what is it???

As for the events:

Slowest Wheelie AGAIN... so that the crowd can see EVERY person there, cause by now who CAN'T do a slow wheelie, go down the track, hey TEACH, the crowd might be askin for that whiskey and shotgun!!!

Then, longest endo sounds great, but WHY do it twice??? It looks exactly the same to the crowd!!!

I understand you want events that are timed or measured, but come on, come with something interesting to watch. I assume you missed the thread i started on longest coaster?!?!? EVERYONE seemed to want to either participate or see that!!!

And what about the payouts??? WEAK!!! Only paying to third??? I seem to remember a recent comp that paid to 15th..........

Old 12-08-2003, 10:25 PM
P. O. S. E. R.

yeah but team event is a winner takes all payout. it should be more. 750+250+125=1125. should be atleast the same total as the other events. most teams have 4 riders. that's 250 a piece for the most entertaining event. that is rediculous. should be 2500. especially if you are only paying first place.

AND AGAIN I WILL ASK THE QUESTION THAT YOU KEEP ON MISSING. . . . ARE THE RIDERS (ENTERTAINERS) GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE GATE FEE??????

zoltan
Old 12-08-2003, 10:27 PM
OGStunter

poll

Originally posted by john LegionST
AND THESE STILL NEED ANSWERED TOO

As for the events:

John
put up a poll and see what people vote on all 3 of us came up with those events and oh yea Rick Payne helped come up with these events also, so just put up a poll and let everyone vote on it.
T
Old 12-08-2003, 10:31 PM
OGStunter

Originally posted by sclevela
oh and by the way i never said nuffin bout chris or adam!

so stop playin school yard dodge ball and step up..............either yer in it for yer pocket or yer gonna up the payouts! just be honest alot of people will respect u alot more for it!
I know you never said anything about Chris or Adam thats what i'm talking about they are part of this also not just me dam-it why don't you put a poll up on what you think the payouts should be, that way there is a poll on the events and the payouts instead of bitching about it like a little girl put some opinions up so everyone can vote on it.
T
Old 12-08-2003, 10:34 PM
P. O. S. E. R.

Originally posted by Todd Colbert
I know you never said anything about Chris or Adam thats what i'm talking about they are part of this also not just me dam-it why don't you put a poll up on what you think the payouts should be, that way there is a poll on the events and the payouts instead of bitching about it like a little girl put some opinions up so everyone can vote on it.
T
todd this is your event.

why don't you put a poll up about what the events should be?

why don't you put up a poll on what the payouts should be?

just a though.

are you gonig to pay john and sclevela for helping organize your event? then charge them to get in at the event?

zoltan

Last edited by Scott_LegionST; 12-08-2003 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:36 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point
Just so people know

Todd and Team X-Treem are not the only ones incharge of the Event.

Roy Spiker - the owner of Lakeland drag strip, the one that lets everyone ride there year round.
is vary involved. So he has some say in the gate fee,
what goes on.

In his eyes $15.00 is not much considering the riding that the locals and people from out of town do at Lakeland.

For those of you that say I never ride there,
well you are sh*t out of luck.

Relax, I am sure some of the events will change.

Quick Reply: Stuntwars