Stuntwars june 13-15th 2008 first points round

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person
Re: Stuntwars june 13-15th 2008 first points round

So Teach what you saying is if you "feel" you are at a pro level you can compete in any of the xdl events? Thomas can you clear that up? I am with roger on this one if xdl closes the doors to new riders how do the people like LIN get in on the comp? What is the cutoff amount of riders for the events and what is the amount of riders allowed to try and qualify? I am glad to see leagues starting to form but I just hope they head in the right direction and not cut out the guys with lower budgets or full time jobs out.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:26 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by -ChaOs-
So Teach what you saying is if you "feel" you are at a pro level you can compete in any of the xdl events? Thomas can you clear that up? I am with roger on this one if xdl closes the doors to new riders how do the people like LIN get in on the comp? What is the cutoff amount of riders for the events and what is the amount of riders allowed to try and qualify? I am glad to see leagues starting to form but I just hope they head in the right direction and not cut out the guys with lower budgets or full time jobs out.

Video clips say a lot...
Old 05-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Queen B 24/7

Brittany Morrow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
Video clips say a lot...

must be nice to have a video camera and editing software at your fingertips huh? What about the kids who don't have those luxuries? And who watches the vids and makes the call on wehter or not they can enter?

Just stirrin the pot!
Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by Brittany Morrow
must be nice to have a video camera and editing software at your fingertips huh? What about the kids who don't have those luxuries? And who watches the vids and makes the call on wehter or not they can enter?

Just stirrin the pot!

ummmmmm...have you looked at the video section on any stunt site lately? who doesn't have a camera and editing software? c'mon now...

who pissed in your pot today anyways??
Old 05-09-2008, 07:07 AM

alevelcs is a decent person

Video clips say a lot...

i disagree with that....... anybody who knows there way around an editing system can make a rider with mediocre at best skills look worthy to stand on a podium...... u just need enough footage..... i would say word of mouth referrals by those who are involved in the series already is probably best..... most people (and remember i said MOST)....... that are born competitors want to compete against and beat the best in their area of competition therefore people like that would probably be best suited to search out and recommend others for the series in my opinion
Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Weeeee!!

-ChaOs- is a decent person

Video clips say a lot...
I agree if that was part of the entry process but I also agree with scleave with if you can edit good, you can make someone that is ok look alot better. I am just asking what the policy is or if that was worked out, not that I want to compete in the events.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Queen B 24/7

Originally Posted by Nascency Chris
ummmmmm...have you looked at the video section on any stunt site lately? who doesn't have a camera and editing software? c'mon now...

who pissed in your pot today anyways??
i happen to know that my good friend Matt who could do a great job at XDL has no video camera, no website, and is struggling just to make it to competitions around the USA cuz his job wont let him off work. He drives an astro van and can't even afford to go out most nights of the week with us becausehe saves all his money to spend on his bike and traveling. He made the trip to King of the South and cashed himself out on a frogger coaster. Poor kid almost lost his job for taking off and then didn't even get to compete..... But I'm sure a few pro's could speak for him, like Jesse Toler and Adam Wood. So I guess that might work for him. I hope it does, cuz he is really good.

And I do agree that video clips can make ANYONE look like a decent rider. Hell, we could almost do one on me except I don't have a video camera! lol

Nobody pissed in my pot Chris, I'm doing good. I'm just very bored on vacation in NEW MEXICO so I thought I would ask the unobvius questions. I can't wait to see the new DVD, I heard it was solid! How are you?
Old 05-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Just stirrin the pot!
You can rent a video camera for cheap.
Go to a local college, or high school and ask the media dept if someone would be willing to film, might even be able to get a student to film and edit for free by letting them use it for a project for school.
Those that don't want to think unconventionally or are lazy because the answer is not right at their fingertips are s.o.l. and have no one but themselves to blame.
Any software is accessible for free nowadays.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Queen B 24/7

Originally Posted by scott3824
You can rent a video camera for cheap.
Go to a local college, or high school and ask the media dept if someone would be willing to film, might even be able to get a student to film and edit for free by letting them use it for a project for school.
Those that don't want to think unconventionally or are lazy because the answer is not right at their fingertips are s.o.l. and have no one but themselves to blame.
Any software is accessible for free nowadays.
That's a great idea, see..... stirring the pot is what gets the answers.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:32 PM

i happen to know that my good friend Matt who could do a great job at XDL has no video camera, no website, and is struggling just to make it to competitions around the USA cuz his job wont let him off work. He drives an astro van and can't even afford to go out most nights of the week with us becausehe saves all his money to spend on his bike and traveling. He made the trip to King of the South and cashed himself out on a frogger coaster. Poor kid almost lost his job for taking off and then didn't even get to compete..... But I'm sure a few pro's could speak for him, like Jesse Toler and Adam Wood. So I guess that might work for him. I hope it does, cuz he is really good.

And I do agree that video clips can make ANYONE look like a decent rider. Hell, we could almost do one on me except I don't have a video camera! lol

Nobody pissed in my pot Chris, I'm doing good. I'm just very bored on vacation in NEW MEXICO so I thought I would ask the unobvius questions. I can't wait to see the new DVD, I heard it was solid! How are you?
1) seriously do u have a personal experience to share about every ******* topic there is?

7) noone is that good of an editor
Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 PM

savage lin is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't know about the editing system making a rider way better, cause i ride like i do all day long weather camera's rollin or not. as far as the invitation thing for riders, i think anyone should be able to compete new talent is everywhere.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by savage lin
i don't know about the editing system making a rider way better, cause i ride like i do all day long weather camera's rollin or not. as far as the invitation thing for riders, i think anyone should be able to compete new talent is everywhere.
Lin do you seriously think a rider at my level should be able to compete at XDL? NO ****** WAY it would be a waste of everyone's time and the qualifying would take a week. There needs to be some sort of standard to get in whether it's video or word of mouth among other riders. Not every rider at my level is humble enough to know they have no place competing in an event like that.

You got street cred like a mother ****** it wouldn't matter if there was no vid cuz ol boy apex would vouch for you which in my book is enough to allow someone to compete.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:33 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
Lin do you seriously think a rider at my level should be able to compete at XDL? NO ****** WAY it would be a waste of everyone's time and the qualifying would take a week. There needs to be some sort of standard to get in whether it's video or word of mouth among other riders. Not every rider at my level is humble enough to know they have no place competing in an event like that.

You got street cred like a mother ****** it wouldn't matter if there was no vid cuz ol boy apex would vouch for you which in my book is enough to allow someone to compete.
thats were you are wrong. you should be able to go out there and compete no matter what level. Who is going to support stunting the (Lamest sport in the world to watch). the riders are. Watching a comp is the most boring thing ever. If you dnt keep the stunters involved it is all going to go down the toilet. The everyday person watches 2 runs and is probably bored out of there mind. Half the people in the crowd are stunters that did not make the cut. if you do not let them enter they will not be there at all

Example Teach is fun to watch but how many times can you watch him do the same run. no bashing teach just using you as a example
Old 05-10-2008, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by DICK-HEAD
thats were you are wrong. you should be able to go out there and compete no matter what level. Who is going to support stunting the (Lamest sport in the world to watch). the riders are. Watching a comp is the most boring thing ever. If you dnt keep the stunters involved it is all going to go down the toilet. The everyday person watches 2 runs and is probably bored out of there mind. Half the people in the crowd are stunters that did not make the cut. if you do not let them enter they will not be there at all

Example Teach is fun to watch but how many times can you watch him do the same run. no bashing teach just using you as a example
nascar was the same way years and years ago buddy. we haven't even begun to build a fan base. in my opinion my place is out at the spot for now....and if your a rider going to xdl, bring you bike and go out to the spot since all the PRO rider's will be out there anyways. I'm holding my ground there isn't a place in a professional competition for a newb.....now i would LOVE to make it to stuntwars and ride though since its an all out free for all and is set up so somebody like me can ride.

But i think XDL needs to remain pro rider's only otherwise it makes things too difficult to turn this into a spot where rider's can make a living at it.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:27 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by DICK-HEAD

I've been drinking and you're the winner.

Should anyone be able to compete at a professional level comp? Hell no. Have you been to an XDL or seen the finals at Stuntwars in person? Do you only have stuntlife or facts to base your opinion that its the lamest sport to watch? And on that note, have you seen curling, that Olympic sport?

What this sport needs above all is to build the current talent pool into people worth rooting for. The best thing we could have is a fan coming to an event saying I can't wait to see Lin ride, he's my man! You need to have personalities to make this sport work. Just like any traditional sport. Baseball works because people have home teams. Not because someone played it when they were a kid and follow the sport into adulthood. Not saying there is not tons of room for new street freestyle athletes, because there is. But if you think some woodwork local hero can come and play, there is a good chance you're wrong. Unless an unknowns level of talent is ridiculous (able to make the finals) it's not worth wasting the spectators time. What we need is more qualified riders murdering 3 minuets. Not a lot more lack luster boring runs by ams with no chance. US contests are difficult to make it to the finals as it is. If Supercross had an open field would it make it more interesting? If X-games was full of nobody participants wasting time would more people watch?

I hate to say it, and I never thought I would. But you would be surprised how good you need to be to really compete these days. If you think some kid who wants his 3 minuets of open qualifiers fame deserves it, he did, but that time has past. Thomas and XDL will never close a door, any rider that has/can prove himself worthy can have their chance. But that person better be on ****** point.

On a side note, I love the underdog, and I'm a lot of unknown/known riders biggest fans. And I would make it to ANY local stunt contest even if I'm not a participant.

Crash, hit the nail on the head with the nascar comment and everything else he put was spot on too.

hahahah I just noticed it was you, ******. I thought it was dirty, hahaha. Damn you for your **** avatarness. I don't drink and bitch at people I know!

Last edited by Nick Apex; 05-10-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:35 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Nick, buddy, just want to let you know I am janking that line from you...quite possibly the best thing I have ever heard...
Old 05-10-2008, 01:51 PM

Should anyone be able to compete at a professional level comp? Hell no. Have you been to an XDL or seen the finals at Stuntwars in person? Do you only have stuntlife or facts to base your opinion that its the lamest sport to watch? And on that note, have you seen curling, that Olympic sport?

What this sport needs above all is to build the current talent pool into people worth rooting for. The best thing we could have is a fan coming to an event saying I can't wait to see Lin ride, he's my man! You need to have personalities to make this sport work. Just like any traditional sport. Baseball works because people have home teams. Not because someone played it when they were a kid and follow the sport into adulthood. Not saying there is not tons of room for new street freestyle athletes, because there is. But if you think some woodwork local hero can come and play, there is a good chance you're wrong. Unless an unknowns level of talent is ridiculous (able to make the finals) it's not worth wasting the spectators time. What we need is more qualified riders murdering 3 minuets. Not a lot more lack luster boring runs by ams with no chance. US contests are difficult to make it to the finals as it is. If Supercross had an open field would it make it more interesting? If X-games was full of nobody participants wasting time would more people watch?

I hate to say it, and I never thought I would. But you would be surprised how good you need to be to really compete these days. If you think some kid who wants his 3 minuets of open qualifiers fame deserves it, he did, but that time has past. Thomas and XDL will never close a door, any rider that has/can prove himself worthy can have their chance. But that person better be on ****** point.

On a side note, I love the underdog, and I'm a lot of unknown/known riders biggest fans. And I would make it to ANY local stunt contest even if I'm not a participant.

Crash, hit the nail on the head with the nascar comment and everything else he put was spot on too.

hahahah I just noticed it was you, ******. I thought it was dirty, hahaha. Damn you for your **** avatarness. I don't drink and bitch at people I know!
I thought it was durty till i saw it this morning too.

I'm glad out of everyone you were the one to back me up on this Nick. People know you root for the underdog and aren't a "glamma" stunter. And you just went in to more detail on exactly what I was thinking. People don't watch sports just to watch them.....they watch to cheer for their favorite player or team.

Some of you may say that people don't understand the technicality of some of the tricks. OK. Listen up. (we're going back to nascar again)

Non-Nascar fans think it's a bunch of cars going around in circles all day, boring. Nascar fans (numbering in the millions i might add) cheer for their favorite driver and understand that these drivers are on the edge of control at close to 200 mph.....they know what a track bar adjustment will do, they know what it means to go into a corner loose and come off with a push.

Point being that as we build a fan base and those fans develop "favorites" they will start to understand that a blindside RL NTH is much harder than a rolling burnout. They will become interested in the technical aspects of the sport. That doesn't happen overnight but it will never happen if we don't build up the talented rider's that we have already.

Also we have new rider's making the scene in XDL every year....this year Number 2 is planning on riding at XDL Phoenix. I am almost positive he can qualify if he brings his A game. So it's not like the set-up isn't allowing for new rider's.....you just have to have proven yourself first.

Last edited by CRA$H AZ; 05-10-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:09 AM

savage lin is an unknown quantity at this point

my dog what up, couple weeks till axe murdering time.:YEAH
Old 05-11-2008, 08:19 AM

ask nick apex if video editing can make a rider look 100 percent better than their abilities....... thats how he got his start
Old 05-11-2008, 01:09 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

Quick Reply: Stuntwars june 13-15th 2008 first points round