Stuntwars june 13-15th 2008 first points round

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:38 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person
Re: Stuntwars june 13-15th 2008 first points round

Originally Posted by old man roger
seems stupid to me to not let people compete , i mean just because your not in the running for the championship
While that does make sense in a way. There is the issue of earning a spot for the 07 XDL finals. They had 3 events in 07 that were more or less open to all riders if you're competent enough to compete. If you were dedicated to the sport you should have made it, I made 2 myself.

Next year, like Chris said, you can be at the "finals" because its the last event of the season.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:53 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
While that does make sense in a way. There is the issue of earning a spot for the 07 XDL finals. They had 3 events in 07 that were more or less open to all riders if you're competent enough to compete. If you were dedicated to the sport you should have made it, I made 2 myself.

Next year, like Chris said, you can be at the "finals" because its the last event of the season.
well if your in then your in so having others compete as well wouldn't effect the qualified riders...

but even if they made the riders that were in other events qualify for the last event that would only make sure they were on the ball and if there not so be it....
Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

for stuntwars, which is a completely open invitation event and run over two days, anyone can compete anytime...even if you arent in the championship running, the way they run their events are open invitaion.f

xdl is the premier championship in the sport and so not any squid can come and compete, you have to show yourself competent to thomas or other riders. it is a one day event...why would xdl allow anyone to come compete on the championship when there were limited spots which were fought tooth and nail over? everyone had their chance to make it to one of the previous rounds, this is done in one day with 30 riders in the morning and the top 10 in the afternoon.

your logic doesnt make much sense. its not about being affected by other riders, its about putitng together a packaged day of entertainment, not 100 riders trying to qualify for ten spots...what a boring show for a crowd.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
for stuntwars, which is a completely open invitation event and run over two days, anyone can compete anytime...even if you arent in the championship running, the way they run their events are open invitaion.f

xdl is the premier championship in the sport and so not any squid can come and compete, you have to show yourself competent to thomas or other riders. it is a one day event...why would xdl allow anyone to come compete on the championship when there were limited spots which were fought tooth and nail over? everyone had their chance to make it to one of the previous rounds, this is done in one day with 30 riders in the morning and the top 10 in the afternoon.

your logic doesnt make much sense. its not about being affected by other riders, its about putitng together a packaged day of entertainment, not 100 riders trying to qualify for ten spots...what a boring show for a crowd.
well i have to admit that i know very little about the rules and qualifying for an xdl event but if there was a day for qualifying having 100 riders there trying could only be good for the event even if there were still only 30 spots in the show..

this is how i see it, more entrance fees collected = more prize money ...again just my
Old 03-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Gas'er!!

xdl is free to enter. it's the most professional and athlete oriented production out there. prize money has nothing to do with entrance fees, bc there aren't any.

xdl is geared toward the professional rider...there arent 100 people in the world that fit that sort of 'criteria'. 100 riders times 3 minutes would take over 5 hours...and for what? to waste a lot of peoples time including the riders, judges, mc, crowd, sponsors, etc....thats not the future of the sport.

the cream of the crop is what needs to be displayed to the public and it needs to be done in a controlled and concise manner, which it is. that's why there are qualifiers BEFORE the big event, to find the cream of the crop.

SW and SB's are fun events with the free for all method and i love them, but as far as a professional organization goes, XDL is it, period.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:28 PM
also known as OMR

xdl is free to enter. it's the most professional and athlete oriented production out there. prize money has nothing to do with entrance fees, bc there aren't any.

xdl is geared toward the professional rider...there arent 100 people in the world that fit that sort of 'criteria'. 100 riders times 3 minutes would take over 5 hours...and for what? to waste a lot of peoples time including the riders, judges, mc, crowd, sponsors, etc....thats not the future of the sport.

the cream of the crop is what needs to be displayed to the public and it needs to be done in a controlled and concise manner, which it is. that's why there are qualifiers BEFORE the big event, to find the cream of the crop.

SW and SB's are fun events with the free for all method and i love them, but as far as a professional organization goes, XDL is it, period.
ok so i am being educated by some one called teach ..lol

are all xdl events free or just the finals ?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:38 PM
also known as OMR

and since this is a stuntwars thread let me say that i had a ball at both stuntoberfest and stunt wars , i think it is a very rider oriented event and if they decide to make the final event an invitation only event i for one will be very dissapointed.....

i like the whole feel of stuntwars ,for me it was like "hey riders come hang out and ride and if you want you can try and win some money"..lol
Old 03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Gas'er!!

thats what's great about all the different comps, they are all different!

each one has it's own niche and like you, i love them all.

starboyz is by far the most fun event

stuntwars is huge and is continually improving

xdl is the definitive professional series

there's room for all and i love the different style comps...keeps it interesting

i dont think sw and sb will ever be anything but openb, thats part of what makes them cool...

and xdl events are always free for the talent and open as long as you have the skill and are determined to be a competitor in the sport, just not completely open to anyone who feels like entering. some people have no place ina small area with the skill where it is right now
Old 03-21-2008, 10:30 PM
OGStunter

Todd Colbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
so hows the points system gonna work...

Big things happening in the Stuntwars camp that is going to explode the sport. :YEAH

figured maybe I could copy someone else for a change
Old 03-24-2008, 08:52 PM

KINGMURDOC is a decent person

Big Thangs Happening Thats What Im Talkin Bout...im In
Old 03-24-2008, 08:53 PM

KINGMURDOC is a decent person

Big Thangs Happening Thats What Im Talkin Bout...im There
Old 03-24-2008, 09:23 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by KINGMURDOC
Big Thangs Happening Thats What Im Talkin Bout...im There

hmmm lemme guess??

Old 03-25-2008, 09:42 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

GSE Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Champions don't need to compete
Old 03-26-2008, 04:15 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

thats what's great about all the different comps, they are all different!

each one has it's own niche and like you, i love them all.

starboyz is by far the most fun event

stuntwars is huge and is continually improving

xdl is the definitive professional series

there's room for all and i love the different style comps...keeps it interesting

i dont think sw and sb will ever be anything but openb, thats part of what makes them cool...

and xdl events are always free for the talent and open as long as you have the skill and are determined to be a competitor in the sport, just not completely open to anyone who feels like entering. some people have no place ina small area with the skill where it is right now

LESS FILLING............ ......TASTES GREAT

i'm just pissed i can't go to both, but i gotta go to stuntfest. it's always such a good time.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:58 PM

Showtime mtrspt is a decent person

Name:  stuntwars_flyer_back_wisconsin_2-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  136.7 KB
Name:  stuntwars_add_wisconsin_0001-1.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  122.1 KB
Old 04-24-2008, 10:03 PM

Showtime mtrspt is a decent person

Name:  stuntwars_add_wisconsin_0001-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  122.1 KB
Old 04-25-2008, 07:24 AM

alevelcs is a decent person

i thought bubba sparxx went country
Old 05-06-2008, 02:13 PM

X-treem C is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 05-06-2008, 02:23 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by X-treem C
Keyboard broken over there?
Old 05-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Queen B 24/7

Brittany Morrow is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be in WI taking pics.... not sure if I am headed to OH or NY the next weekend, haven't decided yet.

Quick Reply: Stuntwars june 13-15th 2008 first points round