Superbike show

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 09:59 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Superbike show

Well I finally managed to watch a SuperBike episode tonight.
I thought it was pretty damn good ! Anything on tv
that shows some stunting in a positive way has to be a good thing.
Big props to JB for doing his thing !

One thing tho, I thought the camera work while you were rocking
that GSXR1000 was ***** ! Camera guy seemed to be a step behind
on most of those shots..

But yeah, I'll be tuning in for the next one.

Cheers

SK
Old 07-25-2006, 10:05 PM

Shawn742 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superbike show

The camera dudes are always off. Tonights show was more interesting than the last couple. It was funny how Britton was playing dumb when it came to stunting haha.

Oh yea anyone catch the dude dump the zx-14 (I think?) after doing the burnout warm-up at the track? They acted like it never even happened haha
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough

I thought tonights was the worst one so far
Old 07-25-2006, 10:27 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Missed it.. argh
Old 07-25-2006, 10:40 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shawn742
The camera dudes are always off. Tonights show was more interesting than the last couple. It was funny how Britton was playing dumb when it came to stunting haha.

Oh yea anyone catch the dude dump the zx-14 (I think?) after doing the burnout warm-up at the track? They acted like it never even happened haha
he dumped the Busa and they were mentioning how the heat made the track slick when he fell. i think it was edited on purpose to show how slick it was
Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 PM

foxswank is an unknown quantity at this point

I have seen them all. They seem to be getting more and more stunting every episode which is cool. That was comedy that guys dumping the busa. Can you say"dump,dump,dump,dump"!

Funny thing I see though is in the X games tread how peeps don't want it there cause they want to keep it underground. From what I know about underground stuff if your on TV your selling out. But yet everybody loves to see stunters on TV.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:20 AM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

**** missed it 2 times am a dump ***
anyone gat it recorded?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:07 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

so far i havent found a channel in china that covers it LOL---so that means i haven't seen a single episode :-(
Old 07-27-2006, 02:42 AM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

The idea of the show is a great concept...

However the execution and lack of real information presented is pretty weak, based upon the episodes I have seen so far anyhow...

I saw what thier "crew" consisted of at Laguna Seca this weekend, obviously the lack of budget and thier experience with bikes is apparent. Unfortuantely in the end it only hurts the ratings and ultimately the show as well.....
Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keeth

However the execution and lack of real information presented is pretty weak, based upon the episodes I have seen so far anyhow...

I saw what thier "crew" consisted of at Laguna Seca this weekend, obviously the lack of budget and thier experience with bikes is apparent. Unfortuantely in the end it only hurts the ratings and ultimately the show as well.....
That was a deep moment!
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM

Jason Britton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by keeth

Here we go know it all! first off speed channel doesnt have a budget if we want to shoot something they make it happen as for moto gp i didnt see too many camera crews that decided 3 days before the moto gp race that they were gonna go and shoot it and thats exactly what we did 3 days prior so try getting a legal permit to shoot there wont happen, as for crew size i think 4 camera operators 2 sound guys 2 producers and 2 pa's is plenty for cable television and as far as ratings well we tripled two wheel tuesdays best show and we are only five episodes in and for that they picked up 3 more episodes.
Stick to something you know well (nut swinging)

Jason Britton

Last edited by Jason Britton; 07-31-2006 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:45 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jason Britton

Jason Britton
Old 07-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

I love SL
Old 07-31-2006, 05:59 PM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jason Britton[/quote]
Old 07-31-2006, 06:42 PM

keeth is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jason Britton
Here we go know it all! first off speed channel doesnt have a budget if we want to shoot something they make it happen as for moto gp i didnt see too many camera crews that decided 3 days before the moto gp race that they were gonna go and shoot it and thats exactly what we did 3 days prior so try getting a legal permit to shoot there wont happen, as for crew size i think 4 camera operators 2 sound guys 2 producers and 2 pa's is plenty for cable television and as far as ratings well we tripled two wheel tuesdays best show and we are only five episodes in and for that they picked up 3 more episodes.

Jason Britton
Never claimed to be a know it all...
But with all real seriousness that is a decision I would think both YOU and SPEED would have made a little further in advance than 3 days... I mean it is only the largest motorcyling event in N. America for the non-Harley types...

When I saw you guys all I saw was 2 camera people, 1 sound person, and 2 production people, so I based my statements on that...

And getting ratings is one thing...but keeping them is another...
Sorry I got sand in your vagina!

Honestly I wish the best for the show and Speed Channel's endevour in it!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:02 AM

Jason Britton is an unknown quantity at this point

Keeth your reference to a vagina would be a direct reference to yourself because in essence that is what you are Pu$$y and we both know that the stuff you say on the keyboard you would never say to my face so until you grow a set dont let your mouth write checks that your *** cant cash. For moto gp even if it is the largest event other than harley events i wasnt sure that i wanted to cover a road race event for a show about everyday peeps and lifestyle cause in case you didnt get the bulletin not everyone that rides sportbikes enjoys moto gp, And for some reason i feel that the ratings we currently have will only get better as the show gets better so except for your 1 dismal mark on the rating scale and the other 500 purists that think wheelies are a sin the show will continue to go on without you.
See you at the next event, and hopefully you bring your nuts so i can shove them down your throat!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Britton
Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 AM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Arn't the first few shows usually trial and error to begin with, You learn from the first few episodes and make the next episodes stronger?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:35 PM

LilJohn636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okok.......Jason Britton is now one of my fac\vorite people.....I promise I will be watching the show tonmight.......you are one cool ***** Jason...props on speaking your mind....
-Lil J
Old 08-01-2006, 09:16 PM

slammedV6 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think the show kicks *** dont know about anyone else. !!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:25 PM

meatstick is a decent person

Britton, you are the man! I saw you down at VIR last summer and damn you back it up with the way you ride. I think with every episode that has been shown so far, they keep getting better! I'm with you, racing is cool, but to most people it is not part of their everyday life. Superbikes gives us that perfect blend of stunting/normal street riding! Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply: Superbike show