06 freestyle shoot out

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 12:43 AM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 06 freestyle shoot out

Originally Posted by WarpedToys
For any one that could not make it here are a few results I heard. It was a little hard to hear the person that told me, so I could not get all the info and hope I heard those right. Hope they post full results soon.. Good Job Bill D.

Longest Endo #1 Bill D
(400' Approch)

Longest Coaster #1 Bill D
(400' Approch)

Fastest Wheelie #1 Bill D

Individual Freestyle 2nd Bill D ( Not sure who was first yet. )
(5 minute)

josh Blue f41 took 1st init

team event 1st was mwm outof chitown
Old 07-23-2006, 09:52 AM

muknole is an unknown quantity at this point

This event was extremely disorganized.....not good for attracting additional talented riders next year. I was disappointed for the riders as they deserved better.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:51 AM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person

Yea Bill Said there might have been like 700 to 1000 people there. Thats kind of a LOW number. StuntLife puts on that show right?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Cathi will become famous soon enoughCathi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WarpedToys
StuntLife puts on that show right?
"StuntLife.com" did NOT organize this show. We had absolutely NOTHING to do with it. When we found out that our name was being used (WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION) to host this event, (on WEDNESDAY) we decided that we should be there and left on Friday morning from DFW Texas to drive 16 hours to Wisconsin. It was very disorganized. Next year will NOT be ANYTHING like that nonsense. The stunters were awesome props to them! They are what the show is about.
Last year, there were double if not triple the amount of people there. And the year before that it was definately more organized because it was OUR show.
Just to clear that up.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 PM

louisvillerider is a decent person

if Bill D shows up everyone should just go home lol
Old 07-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^Ain't that the truth!!! Nothing bad to say about the riders involved. They were all killin sh*t! The announcer wasn't too bad either. I dont know how many shows he's done, but he seemed to be more comfortable as the day went on. It looked like it was a last minute cluster f*ck out there, as far as the events were concerned. Pretty boring right away. The bigger paying events should have been held earlier on to keep people entertained. I think it would have been more entertaining in this order.

1st event: Fastest wheelie.
2nd: Sickest trick.
3rd: Longest Stoppie.
4th: Team Freestyle.
5th: Longest coater.
6th: Individual Freestyle.

Something like this, so it breaks the day up and keeps people into it. All the boring sh*t was done first, so by the time the good sh*t came most people were already on there way home!

P.S. Sorry about the Rant. Just seemed like it was put together better in years past!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:39 PM
www.TEAMSELECTFEW.com

G-machine is an unknown quantity at this point

i will agree it was not very organized. To me it seemed more like a day at the spot. but i do have to give it up to the riders that kept it going and the true lovers of the sport such as myself that tried to keep the riders hyped up by screaming untill i lost my voice.....but the riders put on a good show. excuse me if i butcher their names but Josh Clem? killed it, this kid was off the hook he was jumping around doing combos like a mad man and im pretty sure he pulled every trick he tried in individual freestyle except one watchtower. That kid is sick, and for bill d I have never seen him ride but he seems to be one of the smoothest controlled riders that ive seen... I think j beavers should have placed a little better because i watched him in practice and he was killin it. aaron colton put on a good show and im tired of people saying man hes good for being 14 years old, forget that the kid is good period.. whether he is 14 or 50 hes good. Jerry tauber from midwest mayem was smooth on his coasters and it took him to 2nd place at in think 1116 feet from a 400 foot aproach 1st was bill d and it looked like he didnt even try to coaster...
heres how i would rate the individual freestyle.
1st josh clem
2nd whoever was on the orange f4i
3rd bill d
4th aaron
and so on
but like i said instead of me feeling like i was at a comp where there was money involved i felt like i was at the lot on a practice day
Old 07-23-2006, 01:43 PM

i think it was a greattime angalo rocked the mic and kept the fans part of the comp

the reason you have ind.freestyle and team last is its the many event you dont have the big part of the show first.

miltown you guys did what you had to . good job guys!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by gecelica1
i will agree it was not very organized. To me it seemed more like a day at the spot. but i do have to give it up to the riders that kept it going and the true lovers of the sport such as myself that tried to keep the riders hyped up by screaming untill i lost my voice.....but the riders put on a good show. excuse me if i butcher their names but Josh Clem? killed it, this kid was off the hook he was jumping around doing combos like a mad man and im pretty sure he pulled every trick he tried in individual freestyle except one watchtower. That kid is sick, and for bill d I have never seen him ride but he seems to be one of the smoothest controlled riders that ive seen... I think j beavers should have placed a little better because i watched him in practice and he was killin it. aaron colton put on a good show and im tired of people saying man hes good for being 14 years old, forget that the kid is good period.. whether he is 14 or 50 hes good. Jerry tauber from midwest mayem was smooth on his coasters and it took him to 2nd place at in think 1116 feet from a 400 foot aproach 1st was bill d and it looked like he didnt even try to coaster...
heres how i would rate the individual freestyle.
1st josh clem
2nd whoever was on the orange f4i
3rd bill d
4th aaron
and so on
but like i said instead of me feeling like i was at a comp where there was money involved i felt like i was at the lot on a practice day

your right i hate comps but it was fun can you say CHOKE!!!!!!!.COM
but its for the fans to watch

f4i was scooter trash
Old 07-23-2006, 02:02 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jbeavers
the reason you have ind.freestyle and team last is its the main event you dont have the big part of the show first.
I understand that, but you need to keep people entertained if your going to bring those comps out last. That's all im saying. All the riders were splittin wigs, but that only matters to the hard core stunt fans. It doesnt mean sh*t to someone that doesn't know anything about our sport. You know..
Old 07-23-2006, 02:11 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Josh Clem killed it, no one could deny that.

Dixon and his stoppies where the best to watch. He did 800 with ease.
2nd place was not even half of that.

ST thanks for the shirts :YEAH
Old 07-23-2006, 03:35 PM
www.warpedtoys.com

WarpedToys is a decent person

Yea I can watch Bill do stoppies all day long at the spot, it's fing sick how he just keeps going. lol

Cathi, I have a question, how did no one at stunt life no about this event when it was posted like 2 or 3 times allown to this forum. That seems a little odd, and was it at the same track SL holds it's event or did someone just take the name and make there own event. Seems a little stupid for someone to do that if you ask me. Glady ou guys let the show go on though, I am sure all the riders would had been a little pissed had they got to there and were told there was no show, so I guess in that respect it turned out better then not having the show at all because someone stole the name and the show..
Old 07-23-2006, 08:36 PM

muknole is an unknown quantity at this point

The MC at yesterday's event - never did catch his name - was really good. If not for him it would have been boring at times. Not sure if he's ever hosted an event like that before, but regardless, the guy is a natural. He occassionally got a little distracted during some of the guys' runs, but that's to be expected to some degree in a day-long event.

I'm glad to hear Stuntlife.com will play an active role in next year's event. Last year's event was well-organized and was great except for the ominous weather that wreaked havoc on the last third of the competition.

Also....5 minutes is way too long for individual freestyle.

The riders were excellent as were the impromptu burn-outs, etc. by the MC's apparent crew....it kept the crowd loose.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:39 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

His name is Angelo "G-LO"

He is from MidWest-Meyhem (sp?) he also competed at the end of the day in team and they got 1st place
Old 07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Nascency Project

BeeRadST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbie
Josh Clem killed it, no one could deny that.

Dixon and his stoppies where the best to watch. He did 800 with ease.
2nd place was not even half of that.

ST thanks for the shirts :YEAH

hell yea man, we sold a couple shirts this weekend. i had a good time though i wasnt entirely that involved besides the fact of i was just filming for my team. so when someone came up is when i filmed. anyway, i thought the judging was fair and KLEM had a sick individual run, too bad he got cut off doing his 360 off the tank to kick stand.

i actually did like how some events paid out not just top 3 but top also 5.

individual freestyle:
1st Josh Klem
2nd Bill D
3rd Aaron Colton
4th Josh Borne (ST)
5th ?

Stoppie
BILL D

Coaster BILL D 1197 ft on 450 ft apprach.

Sickest Trick
1st Josh Klem
2nd Bill D
3rd. Aaron Colton
4th ?
5th corey proposed to his girlfriend who accepted

Last Man Standing
Aaron Colton's daddy

Team Event
1st Mid West Mayhem
2nd Bill D, Colton, Theis, Both Klems
3rd Scooter Trash and Section 8
4th ?
5th ?

sorry if i left anyone out, this is all i can remember off the top of my head.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:33 PM

team 4th was frestyle lifestyle players
Old 07-23-2006, 11:46 PM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Originally Posted by BeeRadST
i was just filming for my team. so when someone came up is when i filmed. anyway.
That must have been you with the camera in the face interviews then

Anyhow...it was a total blast this year beacause of all the kaos:YEAH

Fireworks, riding the **** out of the 50 (whuulies anywhere) I got to do a fastest wheelie on it but they didnt time me I have a 108 stroker in there and it does 50 easy
Old 07-24-2006, 07:17 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Robbie
That must have been you with the camera in the face interviews then

Anyhow...it was a total blast this year beacause of all the kaos:YEAH

Fireworks, riding the **** out of the 50 (whuulies anywhere) I got to do a fastest wheelie on it but they didnt time me I have a 108 stroker in there and it does 50 easy

Cool to finally put a name with the face.

Disorganized/organized....I couldn't tell a difference. I had a hell of a blast. Wish we could've gotten there earlier friday to tear up the streets. Sweet time hanging with everyone and meeting new people. Angelo rocked the mic. I thought he was excellent at the the whole MC thing. Looked like a natural...pretty damn sic rider too. Props to MWM for winning the team comp. Section 8, you guys were awesome. The saturday night bar crew rocked (Dan, Paul, Freddy, Corey, Bubba, ST crew and whoever I forgot....sorry, got pretty drunk and the nights kinda hazy) hope everyone got home safe.

The Clem twins are mind blowing, mad props to those crazy cats. Bill D, one of the best technical riders ever.....coasters, stoppies, tandem, you name it he does it. Good **** to watch, keep it up brotha. I'm working hard so hopefully when I get a little more experienced I'll be able to give you a little competition. Colten, looking good as well. The new tandem **** was looking sweet, solid clean run as always. Next comp, I get to go first in sickest trick though. Tice reppin the O-town boys, looking awesome as usual. High chair coasters are wig splitting. One thing though, next time you're going to the bar with us. I thought the judging was fair. Everyone was deserving of where they were placed. Don't wanna write a book, but thought overall the trip was sweet. Good **** from everyone across the board had a sweet time and would do it again.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:08 AM

ATown1K is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with most of you...MCing was good..teh MC has a tough job to keep everyone interested and he did that pretty well. It was cool how he kept guys N the front of that stands too to keep things jumpin.

Bill D is just an all around good stunter..has a ton of tricks and kills it.

I did end up leaving too, but I was there all day and at times things just felt long.

Props to all that competed...most have more stunting skill that I will ever have. Props!!!!

It seemed like there was more people there than last year too, but last year it rained so that cut it short and a lot of peeps left.

I'll be there next year if they have it.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:23 AM

Borne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the roughBorne is a jewel in the rough

I think a lot of people left this year because it looked pretty shitty there for a minute. I thought we were gonna get poured on.

Quick Reply: 06 freestyle shoot out