dubwars...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM

mikkee is a decent person
Re: dubwars...

Originally Posted by Artiom
what the point of PA if croud size is 10-15 people
I'd say more like 40-50 or at least at the begining of the competition. As the comp went on there was less and less people watching.. Why.. cuz the spectators didn't know what the fu*k was going on, and they lost interest because there was nobody on the PA. Also having someone on the PA would have attracted more spectators over scratching their ***** looking at V Dubs...
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
Who was on th 06 Gixxer?
That was Warren.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 PM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

i had fun! especially endoing over hahaha
Old 07-11-2006, 06:18 PM

Jason Britton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by socalstunts
I want to know who (you know who you are) is...

Out of all people, you should have a better understanding of what I was saying. You been in the industry long enough.

I wasn't focusing on any judges personally!!! Judges didn't know what was going on because there wasn't any written rules or score sheets. Judges didn't know what was going on because host/promoter had no idea what was going on. It was not the Judges themselves fault.
G the (you know who you are) is for the ones that complained about the results but their riding didnt back up their complaints. As for judging we had score sheets, and we judged on 1 difficulty 2 execution 3 overall with scoring for each category between 1-20 20 being best. The only reason we had this is because i implemented it. I am not saying it was a great comp, to me i just considered it a good day out riding with some friends on a hot day with less spectators than the local stunt spot. Point is it was called a comp and it was judged which i believe was fair and the things to complain about arent gonna change it now so i think the constructive criticism should have been pointed out at the event in a professional manner 1 on 1 with JT so that when major corps get on stuntlife they dont think that all stuntriders do is complain about events. Bottom line is there will be many more bad events to come but as time goes on and ppl continue to learn they will get better and better and evolve like everything else.

Jason Britton

Last edited by Jason Britton; 07-11-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:12 PM

johnnyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

first off I had a great time with the exception of the heat. all the riders were SIC. on JT's defense yes there was a lot of choas but not all of it was due to him. the main people running the whole show kept giving him the run around as well as different answers but oh well that's all said and done now. I am sorry if some of you didnt agree with the way the judges decided who won but that was actually a hard job because people did such a variety of different combos that it came down to personal preference of what was better, but talking to many of you I think most agreed on the actual winners.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Two Tone

Tony Carbajal is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd like to see that wreck on film. You think you could post it or something?
did you get me bouncing across the asphalt like a rock across water or just the bike wrecking?

Also Thanks Jason for jumping in on the judging. i also believe that it made the comp judging more reasonsable. Saw you killin it out there as usual too. good stuff
Old 07-11-2006, 07:35 PM

There has been enough comps and shows in the last 4yrs that anyone hosting a competition that has a clue of what has been going on in the stunt world. I think should know by mistakes that have been made in the past, what a stunt comp needs in order to put togeather a good comp for the riders and spectators and fans..

Good times anyways.. late

Last edited by mikkee; 07-11-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by mikkee
There has been enough comps and shows in the last 4yrs that anyone hosting a competition that has a clue of what has been going on in the stunt world, should know by mistakes that have been made in the past, what a stunt comp needs, in order to put togeather a good comp for the riders and spectators and fans..

Good times anyways.. late
im guessing thats a "no"???
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Carbajal
i'd like to see that wreck on film. You think you could post it or something?
did you get me bouncing across the asphalt like a rock across water or just the bike wrecking?
Prob won't be able to host it but u guys are coming to Vegas at the end of the month right?? We will have the camera and tapes w/ us for sure.

The shot went like this: I had the whole team in the shot doing christs once u started to wobble I was zooming in on u and kept the camera on u tumbling until u stood up then panned over to the bike where it already stopped, after hitting the fence and people were helping pick it up!LOL

I like the avatar w/ the SoCalStunts RV in the backround.. oh and the spreader circle pic is ok too.. HA HA

Last edited by mikkee; 07-11-2006 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:52 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

b_itches come!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha b*tches come!

All I know is I got paid, and the check cleared! No rubber checks, yeah!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Two Tone

Originally Posted by mikkee
Prob won't be able to host it but u guys are coming to Vegas at the end of the month right?? We will have the camera and tapes w/ us for sure.

The shot went like this: I had the whole team in the shot doing christs once u started to wobble I was zooming in on u and kept the camera on u tumbling until u stood up then panned over to the bike where it already stopped, after hitting the fence and people were helping pick it up!LOL

I like the avatar w/ the SoCalStunts RV in the backround.. oh and the spreader circle pic is ok too.. HA HA
ok cool. yeah the pic is pretty cool the Rv is ok i guess hahaha socalstunts winabago

*****es come haha thanks for the stickers art

damn it kendall. that probably means you took the last of the money. i hope mine clears. havent had time to cash it
Old 07-11-2006, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Carbajal
ok cool. yeah the pic is pretty cool the Rv is ok i guess hahaha socalstunts winabago
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM

DEBO is a decent person

My check bounced like a Kangeroo

J/K, It's still framed on my wall.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
Who was on th 06 Gixxer?
Warren James....
Old 07-11-2006, 08:58 PM

Artiom can only hope to improve

who is Warren?
Old 07-11-2006, 09:06 PM

socalstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jason Britton
G the (you know who you are) is for the ones that complained about the results but their riding didnt back up their complaints. As for judging we had score sheets, and we judged on 1 difficulty 2 execution 3 overall with scoring for each category between 1-20 20 being best. The only reason we had this is because i implemented it. I am not saying it was a great comp, to me i just considered it a good day out riding with some friends on a hot day with less spectators than the local stunt spot. Point is it was called a comp and it was judged which i believe was fair and the things to complain about arent gonna change it now so i think the constructive criticism should have been pointed out at the event in a professional manner 1 on 1 with JT so that when major corps get on stuntlife they dont think that all stuntriders do is complain about events. Bottom line is there will be many more bad events to come but as time goes on and ppl continue to learn they will get better and better and evolve like everything else.

Jason Britton
Thats exactly what I'm trying to get at. If anyone thinks I'm complaining, shove it up your A$$!!! I have been to many comps that sucked and that are very good, but atleast at those good and bad comps there is a layout to follow.

This competition had no layout!!! Some of us drove very far to qualify on Saturday which did not even happen. If I knew that, I would of saved my freaking gas money and energy!!! Mickstunts.com drove from the BAY AREA early Saturday for absolutely NOTHING!!! Jason Britton HAS to show up to give his opinion on judging and scoring?? Thats bullsh i t!!! What if he didn't show up?? Was the crowd going to judge?? If that was the case, it would be between Tony and Rome/Randi, cuz they had the most fans there!!!

Bottom line, WBBF is a joke and I hope JT learns from this cuz he didn't learn from the 2nd and 3rd one. EVERYONE NEEDS TO REALIZE THAT THIS WASN'T THE FIRST WBBF!!! IT WAS THE 4TH ONE!!! NO EXCUSES FOR THE WASTED WEEKEND!!!

I'm glad all the checks have cleared so far.... All the riders did real good and I hope that this comp does not scare you off from entering any other competitions in the near future....

Thanks, Jason for bringing your knowledge and input to the venue. If it wasn't for you, we would of probably been flipping coins to decide the winners. Much appreciated!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:43 AM

Jason Britton is an unknown quantity at this point

No worries G, thats old news now we just gotta keep showing up and giving our input until these promoters start listening. But until they listen all we can do is enjoy the ride and take the little bit of money that they give up. One day they will pay all riders to show up and then everyone will be pro and all make a living off stuntriding and all live happily ever after.........

Jason Britton
Old 07-12-2006, 02:47 AM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Artiom
who is Warren?

im guessing your joking????????
warren james... team famous...
Old 07-12-2006, 04:51 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

As long as I can make it to an event and think I have a chance to win enough for gas I'll be there again! So what if it's shitty, at least it happened, and at Dubwars no less. We're lucky to have an event even with small pay outs at a car show. Would you rather see Kane (no offence but hey its true you get all the shows, haha) do another show rather than have a chance yourself? I'm going to keep busting my *** (literally) so I can scrounge up some prize money at these events. Warrens team could have won, others could beat the top 3 in any event with hard work put in prior. If the tides would have been different and we lost team, I didn't place in FW, I would have even more of a fire under my *** to get better and prove myself the next time. TMK and I are far from unbeatable, winning what we did was an honor to me, there were big name riders there. Considering we put our team run together with one dry walk though 2min prior to the comp shows that the other team could have done a similar organized run, if so they would have beat us because of our crash. One more thing, I love you 2 tone, I don't give a **** if you crash every team event I enter with you, I'll take a loss or a questionable call to have someone of your skill on my team any day. Thanks for doing your best Britton, and JT for getting the event put together. Boring event line up, poor MC, it really doesnet matter, top place was 300, it was a small time event at a venue I didn't think would want us around. I saw and had everything I was expecting, really we need to be happy it happened and gave us all another opportunity to make some money doing what we love. If there was big pay outs all of us who entered would have been up against VERY still competition, I like these little **** events, everyone likes to feel like they have a chance to win.