some pics from 120 :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: some pics from 120 :)

free shows also means a free, safe place that is also police free for a team to "hone" there skills. isnt that better than terrorizing the streets and putting a bad name to the sport or doesnt that matter anymore. b/c last year thats all people were *****ing about. not you guys personally, but all the "pro's" were *****ing about people still rockin the streets. this year people are pissed b/c we do free shows so we dont have to ride on the streets. i mean, people should make up there minds or shut the fu(k up and just let it be. this sport will never go anywhere....ever....sorry but thats life. look at it....everyone says xmx is sooooo big now...yeah, for a select few it is....people say moto cross is sooooo big now....same senerio....for a select few, the rest of the pro racers trailer there **** home after the race and go to work like the rest of us. im really waiting for this sport to take a nose dive so all of us who stayed realistic through this can kick back, laugh and enjoy it b/c we NEVER compromised ourselves. b/c everyone that downs us for doing free shows, giving stuff away, and basicly still having deep love for it, has compromised themselves. if you want to go pro, more power to you, but i get stabbed in the back and bent the fu(k over enough at this level, i couldnt handle that big corperate co(k in my *** if this ever goes mainstream. look at it, any sport that goes mainstrean and i mean any sport, you get a select few that get the sponserships and the money. while the rest of them are left to fight, brawl and compromise themselves for whats left. i cant see it being worth it when the stage for who gets the money and the big deals is already set in this game. everyone who makes it in this sport, the select few that have, have ALL forgotten where they started and treat anyone who doesnt have the time in there life to go where the pro's dare to go like total ****. its just not worth it to me. ill keep doing this for the love of it and everyone who doesnt like it....well ya'll can kiss my ***..... :YEAH
Old 10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Back to the definition of "professional"

Maybe stunting could be like snowcross and we could have pro and semi pro riders...ohh wait then we'd need catagory police
Old 10-04-2005, 05:33 PM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bill parr
this sport will never go anywhere....ever....sorry but thats life. im really waiting for this sport to take a nose dive so all of us who stayed realistic through this can kick back, laugh and enjoy it b/c we NEVER compromised ourselves. b/c everyone that downs us for doing free shows, giving stuff away, and basicly still having deep love for it, has compromised themselves. everyone who makes it in this sport, the select few that have, have ALL forgotten where they started and treat anyone who doesnt have the time in their life to go where the pro's dare to go, total ****. its just not worth it to me. ill keep doing this for the love of it and everyone who doesnt like it....well ya'll can kiss my ***..... :YEAH
Preach on brother!! I do what I do. Even though it aint much, I do it because I love it!! Not because im looking for any lime light, or anyone to pat me on the back and say good job. Fvck all the haters! They can eat a d*ck!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:03 PM

pfunkadelik is an unknown quantity at this point

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142095
Old 10-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

pfunk--THANKYOU-----bill---read that post for me.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:48 AM

bill-you DID compromise yourself-you have 7 screws in your ankle.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
pfunk--THANKYOU-----bill---read that post for me.
i saw that and thought it was funny someone that doesnt even stunt anymore thinks he can make or pass judgement, i was entirly toooooo pissed off after reading that and i just knew better than to post. fu(k that post and its author.
no, no i didnt compromise myself one bit. yeah, i crashed, i ****ed up, i know that it went bad b/c of my own mistake. we did that show and every other show on our own terms. dont ever think just b/c we dont HAVE THE TIME to try to go pro that we compromise our selves. if you or anyone else feels we arent good enough to do these shows, come take em'. but for what everyone wants to make off them money wise....well lets just say no matter how good you are the sport isnt far enough for ANYONE to expect decent pay for shows. b/c frankly, i could giuve 2 ***** fu(kin ***** if i ever do another show, attend a comp. ill still be stunting. thats the difference between me and alot of people. i can look at myself in the mirror and know i never lost one bit of love for what i do....can you? as far as im concerned, anyone thats gonna hate b/c we dont compete or we dont fit into what these ****y *** attitude having pro's and b/s announcers consider a pro or even worth while group, fu(k em all. i could never show my face, only ride with my boys and not ever think fu(king twice. and if you or anyone else we know that likes to be cool with us but actually feels we fit in fat *** thomas' post, then speak the fu(k up and stop ***** footing around it. then ill know who's who and whats what instead of takin the knife out of my fu(king back....again...
Old 10-05-2005, 03:33 PM

MWB BIGMIKE is an unknown quantity at this point

I still ove you Billy

Thomas can suck my ***. People suck his **** cause he has done so much for this sport.

Dont get me wrong I respect what he has done and how much time he has put into promoting this sport, the **** cant be easy, but ever since he came on this forum threating us about a show we werent doing he can lick MY *****. If some people wanna suck his **** and tickle his ***** that is fine, but I wont be the one.

I think to many people take this **** way to seriously. I mean **** even the so called pros have day jobs. Ill keep my guaranteed paycheck and run with it. Then when I am done working I will go ride and enjoy myself.

A hobby isnt supposed to be work
Old 10-05-2005, 04:27 PM

right, i have nothing against tohmas personally, i just dont think he has the right to make a statement like that out of the blue. id like to see him chance his livelyhood , keep coming back injury after injury. does anyone that feels like him have a family? do anyof the people that feel like him ....are they single parents like i am? i know some pro's gave up good jobs and stuff to do this for a living. i have respect for that. but dont EVER down me b/c my fu(king priorities are in a different order. thats bull $hit. my little girl and my job come first, my hobbies second. maybe if it was just me and i didnt have my daughter, id chase the dream. but life doesnt always work the way you want it to. for anyone to pass judgement on me b/c i wont chase the dream, or im not up to there fu(KIN' STANDARDS IS CRAP. our team is alot more than just a stunt team. we have our arguments and fair share of bs. we do our share to help out the industry too. anyone who cant see that is blind. we just have other things on our agenda. making money isnt one of them. it would be nice, but we find it a nessecity. what we do find a nessecity is having fun at every show, every exibition, every trip we take. we do whatever it takes to get the crowd on there feet. i know we still suck compared to alot of you guys, but when all 5 of us are out during a show its pretty ****ing good from a crowd stand point. we have 5 riders, 5 different riding styles, 5 totally different bags of tricks. i really dont think 2 of us ever do the same tricks during a show. the crowd always has something going on in front of them. and we push harder than we do at any other time b/c its what the crowd wants. lets see if some one remembers telling me this about a year ago.....and i quote....
"its not how good you are, its about shameless self promotion and getting your name out there".....
because first off, we need to get jon q public interested or otherwise stunt comps will always just be a bunch of stunters hanging out.......hmmmm....whats changed in the past year that now this doesnt matter......i mean come on, we are an average stunt team, very average ill admit that, but its that shameless self promotions thats selling us out of dvd's, shirts and stickers on a regular basis WITHOUT A BIG CORPERATE CO(K IN OUR *** TAKING A PEICE!!!!!! dont get me wrong, we arent getting rich by any means, but the bikes are always on the road and we make new contacts all the time so whats the prob.?? we are still promoting, getting the sport out there, wich helps ALL stunters....or is the problem that we are doing it OUR way and still have the love for the sport. look at it realisticly....what the hell does a competition thats 95% stunters in the crowd doing for the fu(king sport? nothing, absolutly nothing. its not promoting us to the public, its not helping us get anywhere. it just breeds these bull $hit attitudes. dont get me wrong, please, i have all the respect in the world for the guys that are pushing and trying to go pro and always will. just dont come at me with some b/s attitude like your the only ones that matter and we better step up. we are comfortable where we are at, if we go farther fine. but i gurentee at this point in time we sell as much merchandise as at least 50% of the guys doing it "your way", we still have our jobs, our families and our dignity b/c we did it all our way with out comprimise
Old 10-05-2005, 04:45 PM

MWB BIGMIKE is an unknown quantity at this point

I love your point biill, But damn I cant read that much. My brain hurts.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by MWB BIGMIKE
I love your point biill, But damn I cant read that much. My brain hurts.
lol....yeah, long winded i know....i remember way back when i first joined 346...we all sat around and agreed that if it ever started going in a direction where it wasnt fun anymore we would take the group apart and just ride, well i have to say, we have had our ups and downs, but it has always been and always be fun to us. we love this ****. we still get nervous b4 a show, we still get geeked when one of us gets something new. to me thats what its all about. and watch out for some tandem **** with parker and i when this cast comes off....its gonna be sick.......... :YEAH
Old 10-05-2005, 05:59 PM

bill----your going to downgrade thomas? come on now....he's the biggest mc in the sport, every damn weekend he's doing a show....obviously he knows how to run them....i beleive he can say what he wants---he STARTED XSBA

now bill-i'm not going to say whether you should or shouldn't do a show-free or paying---it's up to you to make the call whether or not your at the level to put on a show and give the crowd the top notch tricks that this sport offers nowadays.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:11 PM

im not down grading thomas one bit i know he has done ALOT for this sport and i agree he is a top knotch mc....i just think that was a b/s statement to make, it really rubbed me the wrong way. just b/c you started the xsba doesnt give you the right to be an *** to up and coming groups. just b/c it takes some groups a little longer to come up is no reason to treat them like absolute ****. thats the attitude thats killing this sport. i agree and understand we are not on the same skill level as alot of groups. but we put our entire heart and soul into the shows we do. we do have it worked out with great lakes where some shows are paid, and some we do just to have a safe place to practice(they clean up the oil when we crash, another plus.). the shows with few people or little pay are just as much fun as the big ones with sold out crowds such as the import show down sponsered by penthouse that we did and got paid for. we dont post how much or when we get paid b/c for the most part...its no ones buisness. we give mad props to miltown for bringing us out there all last year with them, then giving us the shows when they were done with them. we really owe the guys from miltown alot for kinda guiding us and giving us a leg up. wether or not we can give them a top notch show i cant say. but we give it our all, learn from our mistakes and i gaurentee we make each show better as we go along. we dont have the time to dedicate like other people, hell...im happy to get out and practice a couple hours a week when im not working or have a sitter. so we take longer to get the stunts down. and like i said, i have alot of respect for vmc b/c you guys have busted your asses to get this **** down. we are just on the other end of things. just b/c we dont compete, or dont have the same skills, doesnt mean we arent out there promoting, getting this stunt **** out there to thousands of people who normally wouldnt give it a second look. so the only difference i see between us and you guys is the skill level...we are doing basicly the same thing and getting really good results. our skill level has improved this year, like i said, pics dont do us justice, really. now that we have established that only the skill level seperates us....whats the big deal? if a team is promoting and putting a good face on the sport...so the fu(k what if we do some free shows, or some shows cheap. we are picking up the fu(king scraps that no one else wants any damn ways....so in other words...we are doing shows no one else will and putting this sport out there to people that the pros obviously think dont matter or they would be doing the shows and promoting the sport out to thousands of people that the pros are over looking. and guess what...these people at the shows no one else wants have money and like to spend it on dvd's, shirts, and stickers....so free show or not, we get paid...... :YEAH
Old 10-05-2005, 09:40 PM

you don't get what i'm saying----you do shows cheap/free-you undercut the entire sport.

bill-i was in your shoes once, my team put on what i thought was a good show at RA 2 years ago, we got bashed like crazy, our first vid got bashed.....we put your nose to the grindstone and it has been paying off....we took a full month and a half off 2 years ago, just to practice.....
Old 10-05-2005, 11:27 PM

you don't get what i'm saying----you do shows cheap/free-you undercut the entire sport.
i do get what your saying. but what im saying is we are doing shows that guys like you dont want and the people running them WILL NOT pay a high price. its not undercutting if no one else wants the damn show. so we use it to get our name out there. ok, look at it this way...people come see us that normally wouldnt, like the show we did for the cops...those guys in the hood, all the kids and ghetto thugs, even the cops wouldnt normally come see one of our shows. now we have cops, thugs, all kinds of people hitting the site, buying dvd's. now they saw us, they are more likely to go see an eveny you guys are doing that they have to pay for. now you get fans and sales you normally wouldnt have b/c we picked up the shows no one wanted.

bill-i was in your shoes once, my team put on what i thought was a good show at RA 2 years ago, we got bashed like crazy, our first vid got bashed.....we put your nose to the grindstone and it has been paying off....we took a full month and a half off 2 years ago, just to practice.....
we cant take that time off, see what i mean, different lifestyles and priorities. we all have families and kids, we cant just up and take 2 months off work. so now we are a lesser class that is wack and needs to step up....thats basicly what im getting from this...maybe not as harsh, but still, thats the basic jist of things...we are still helping the sport by bringing new fans in to buy **** and come see shows...so whats wrong with the way we are doing things. we are operating within our priorities and time restraints and still finding time to spend with our kids. beleive me...if i could drop everything and just hit it for 2 months straight, i think if our group could do that it would be over, we would be able to go pro...we just cant. so as long as we keep a good public persona and keep bringing people in...whats the problem???
Old 10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Streets *****es, it's all about the streets...
Old 10-06-2005, 10:18 PM

RYAN- ok here is my question, and im being serious as cancer....
1-is it wrong of us to be trading shows for a free place to practice and doing only main events for pay?
2-we usually do 2/30 min shows when we get a show outside of greatlakes(wich has been quite a few this year) how much should we be charging, how much do most groups charge for something like that?
3-free shows for favors such as the practice road or pretty much guarenteeing when we get pulled over we dont get a ticket...personally i dont see anything wrong with this. we do a free show here or there for the city and they stay off our backs. for or against this ??

you can pm me the answers and prices if you dont want to post them publicly. i do agree there would be alot less arguments if we could ALL agree on a reasonable charge for shows and all stick to the costs. right now the way we do it is we have contracts, we charge our fee, plus gas and milage. gas and milage are not charged for shows within 50 miles. shows for the city are free as well as youth camp and anything for the kids(sorry, i think doing shows for kids rocks and if i get a free meal out of it and make some under privlaged kids feel better for a day i cant bring my heart to charge them)i grew up with nothing and would have given my left nut to have some of the moto crossers or bmx guys do a show and maybe hand out some posters and ****.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:15 AM

Zodiac is an unknown quantity at this point

It really must have sucked when your high school econ teacher had to fail you.

Undercutting is the heart of capitalism... And no matter what, it's going to happen. Not in just stunting, but EVERY freelance sport out there. Now, form, let's say the NSL, National Stunters League, set up teams from different cities, large corporate sponsers, and have competitions every weekend... And undercutting can be stopped.

But even though you probably failed econ, I'm sure you're a smart guy, and realize something like the NSL will never happen, someone strike me dead if it does...

But free shows aren't about practicing off a street, or anything else... It's about shamless self promotion, like Bill says... Other than people on this website, who else knows about stunting?

Honestly I can tell you no one. But thanks for stunt teams that want to do free shows instead of getting paid, a lot more than just the people on this website now know about stunting.

In essence, free shows do more to promote the sport than anything else.

Check it out, I'll give you some homework... Go to someone that might be the owner of a possible venue... Say a car lot... Walk up to the owner, and say: "How much will you pay me and three buddies to come here and stunt?" After you finish explaining what exactly stunting is... Try to get a price out of him... After you give up trying to get a guy to pay for something he never needed before... Come back here and lemme know what happens.

Honestly, the point is, the sport is still in it's toddler days. It's been around, but a lot of people haven't seen it.

Now, doing free shows open people up to a new thing... Just like every sport that has ever existed in the history of time...

Do you think one day someone woke up and said: "I'm going to spend millions of dollars and get these guys brand new equipment and set them up against another team I'm going to spend even more money on."

No, it didn't... And hell, even in the beginning of things like football and basketball and what have you, the "pros" still had day jobs... And they did free shows too... But leagues put those out of business....

How?

By seeing something that people wanted. Do people want it if they don't know about it. Absolutely not. So what do you do?

Charge people a lot of money to see something they don't know/care about. Sure, but no one will be there. Free shows, there's no reason someone shouldn't go and see what it is. If they don't like it, they can go away... But then again... You're not sitting next to me at free shows while I'm trying to hand out DVDs to a crowd and make sure I get their money, and they're pushing other people out of the way so these guys can sign their just bought DVD.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:32 AM

fatkid is an unknown quantity at this point

well said.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:43 AM

Brian V is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice point's Zodiac!!!

Quick Reply: some pics from 120 :)