www.detroitstreetryders.com
Detroit, MI

All the advice i can get

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 01:27 PM

BiGT347 is an unknown quantity at this point
All the advice i can get

YO.
im buying a bike in under 2 weeks i need to know what the best starter bike would be.... my buddies all are buying r1s and ****..... 1. i can't afford them / 2. i dont wanna kill myself on my first bike.
I like the way the ninjas look but a few guys already told me that would not be a good starter bike....
like the way the r6 looks too

also should i buy a used bike first or a new one?!?!?

any advice would be appreciated also if you know of anyone who is selling a bike plz tell me what kind and year.... my aim name is bigt347
bigt3472002@yahoo.com is my email..thx

Tony
Old 04-21-2004, 01:29 PM
T&A
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

T&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura about
Re: All the advice i can get

Look at my post on the bikes thread in here, you're money.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:50 PM
I Love To Post!

ChoCha is a decent person

Buy a used 600..You loose your *** on brand new bikes.. Like buying a car.. Nothing bigger for your first... Model is dependent on what feels good to you when you get on it..

I have had 2 Honda 600s.. A 94 F2 and an 01 F4i and never had problems with either one.

Oh, and if your buddies are brand new riders and buying R1s n ****.. Ride way behind them.. They are retards....
Old 04-21-2004, 02:00 PM

4nic8 is a decent person

I agree with the above, buy used, that way if you crash while learning its not as big a deal. Also if its your first bike, you need to sign up for a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and learn to ride, they provide you with a bike to learn with for the class, this will also translate into a small discount on insurance. A bran new bike with little to no experience means bigger premiums.

Originally Posted by ChoCha
Buy a used 600..You loose your *** on brand new bikes.. Like buying a car.. Nothing bigger for your first... Model is dependent on what feels good to you when you get on it..

I have had 2 Honda 600s.. A 94 F2 and an 01 F4i and never had problems with either one.

Oh, and if your buddies are brand new riders and buying R1s n ****.. Ride way behind them.. They are retards....
Old 04-21-2004, 02:02 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by 4nic8
I agree with the above, buy used, that way if you crash while learning its not as big a deal. Also if its your first bike, you need to sign up for a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and learn to ride, they provide you with a bike to learn with for the class, this will also translate into a small discount on insurance. A bran new bike with little to no experience means bigger premiums.

Good point.. If you can get into one through MCC or OCC they are like $25. The only bitch is they book months in advance... I think schoolcraft college does the same course as well...
Old 04-21-2004, 02:47 PM
T&A

T&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura aboutT&A has a spectacular aura about

I heard that for all classes that are booked solid, if you show up early you can be put on a list that will allow you to take the place of any no shows. This is very common and most of the time they don't turn anyone away. I took the MSF before I had ever ridden a bike.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:54 PM

Judge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T&A
I heard that for all classes that are booked solid, if you show up early you can be put on a list that will allow you to take the place of any no shows. This is very common and most of the time they don't turn anyone away. I took the MSF before I had ever ridden a bike.
One of their instructors told us that when I took the advanced class. He told us if anyone we knew wanted to get in to do it. But dont buy a motorcycle..they are a passing fad and will go away soon...
Old 04-21-2004, 03:07 PM

C-Life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BiGT347
YO.
im buying a bike in under 2 weeks i need to know what the best starter bike would be.... my buddies all are buying r1s and ****..... 1. i can't afford them / 2. i dont wanna kill myself on my first bike.
I like the way the ninjas look but a few guys already told me that would not be a good starter bike....
like the way the r6 looks too

also should i buy a used bike first or a new one?!?!?

any advice would be appreciated also if you know of anyone who is selling a bike plz tell me what kind and year.... my aim name is bigt347
bigt3472002@yahoo.com is my email..thx

Tony
U can kill youself on any bike, its all about how u decide to ride, alot of guys say they get nervous just before they ride ,........not because they can't ride, but because they know they will do something stupid when they go riding.....,...but thats the fun part.......wouldn't be fun or exciting if you taking some risks.......my first bike was a f4i, i liked it as a starter bike....
Old 04-21-2004, 09:27 PM

Doris is an unknown quantity at this point

yah MSF is completly booked solid until June, word of advice... go to the class the day it starts, there are always cancelations. If you want to see as of right now if there are any cancelations call Wayne County Community college, its off Nortline and Pardee, not that far from you. I got in for May, and paid $25 its one weekend fri 6-10 sat 8-8 sun 8-8

If you are looking for a new bike go talk to Shiffty(Steve) at Bright KAwaski in Lincoln Park he can hook you up and help you with deciding which bike to get....Gluck
Old 04-21-2004, 10:01 PM

BiGT347 is an unknown quantity at this point

Already in a class at mcc got the receipt and everything april 30th till may 2nd...... one weekend i get my license.....so not worried about that.... now im just deciding on a bike.... but i can gaurentee if i dont find a good deal on a used bike by the time the beginning of may comes around..... i am gonna buy a new one cuz i can' WAIT ANYMORE.......

thanks for all the advice though peeps appreciate it

tony..
Old 04-22-2004, 07:26 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by BiGT347
Already in a class at mcc got the receipt and everything april 30th till may 2nd...... one weekend i get my license.....so not worried about that.... now im just deciding on a bike.... but i can gaurentee if i dont find a good deal on a used bike by the time the beginning of may comes around..... i am gonna buy a new one cuz i can' WAIT ANYMORE.......

thanks for all the advice though peeps appreciate it

tony..
Well if you do decide to go new, go see shiffty, like Doris said above.. He works for Bright Kawasaki.. Then can get anything.. Steve is our DSR sales monkey...
Old 04-22-2004, 07:39 AM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if you do decide to go new, go see shiffty, like Doris said above.. He works for Bright Kawasaki.. Then can get anything.. Steve is our DSR sales monkey...
he hooked my boy shawn up on a 636
Old 04-22-2004, 07:52 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by TIM
he hooked my boy shawn up on a 636

Holly ****. What are you doing up so early??
Old 04-22-2004, 09:02 AM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point

Holly ****. What are you doing up so early??
Man i start work everyday at 9
Old 04-22-2004, 09:15 AM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by TIM
Man i start work everyday at 9
By 9 I am thinking about lunch...