Detroit Street Ryders Photo Gallery
www.detroitstreetryders.com
Detroit, MI

My New/Old Project...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 PM

LEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to behold
My New/Old Project...

Well I bought this boat awhile back was gonna drop a new motor in and paint it but ended up moving into a condo and had to store the thing... well, finally got a place to work on it.. soooooooo I started tearing it down since the blazer is now in paint and outta my hands... after picking up a new short block ... 455 Olds... 390hp... I tore the old motor down.. sent the heads out to be gone thru and rebuilt..
Then started updating the body... most of the cuts are made.. and next week im gonna start glassing it back together.. already got new wood cut to replace the side rails..
Whaaaaaaaaaaaatcha think?
Name:  boat6.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  47.9 KB
Name:  boat5.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  52.6 KB
Name:  boat4.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  63.8 KB
Name:  boat3.jpg
Size:  62.8 KB
Name:  boat2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  53.3 KB
Name:  w2.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  56.8 KB
Name:  w1.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  60.5 KB
Name:  boatrail.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  107.8 KB
Name:  boat1.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  76.3 KB
Old 05-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: My New/Old Project...

1. you have allloooottt of work ahead of you..
2. your Blazer will pull that perfectly...
3. Have fun with that...
4. Now I want a boat..
5. with less work to be done...
Old 05-23-2009, 11:41 PM

LEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to beholdLEASNIT is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
1. you have allloooottt of work ahead of you..
2. your Blazer will pull that perfectly...
3. Have fun with that...
4. Now I want a boat..
5. with less work to be done...
So far I got...
300 into the boat and trailer...
300 into the short block..
250 to rebuid the heads..
160 in fiberglass...
and deff some beer money... hahaha.. its not all that bad.. trying to build it for around 2k...
Old 05-24-2009, 02:08 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think you could have gotten some lexan canopies instead of all that fiberglass work probably look pretty cool too
Old 05-24-2009, 05:39 AM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

well i look forward to seeing it all done in the next 8-12 years
Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by -Nasty-
what do you mean the blazer is in for paint ''already''
Old 05-27-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by -Nasty-
haha... thanks.. i think...
Old 05-30-2009, 11:28 PM
TIM
DSR PIMP

TIM is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck I gave up on all the work and bought one ready to go
Name:  boat001.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  107.7 KB
Name:  boat002.jpg
Size:  106.8 KB
Old 06-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by TIM
Good luck I gave up on all the work and bought one ready to go

Rad man... looks better then the other one... that mean I can get my wheel back?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 PM

Started glassing the new rails back in today...

Name:  boat5-1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  boat4-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  61.9 KB
Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

The steering wheel is on the wrong side. What's up with that?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
The steering wheel is on the wrong side. What's up with that?
It drives like a car.. even has a normal gas pedal...
Old 06-05-2009, 09:56 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

looks like a fun project. i bet its sick when its done.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:20 PM

Got the new motor tore down... it was rebuilt 10 years ago and has just been sitting in this guys garage..
Minimal rust... small bit of surface rust on 2 of the cylinder walls.. gonna pull the oil plugs and cam bearings out later and find a place to hot tank it.. and the crankshaft on monday... then hone the cylinders.. pick up some new lifters and rods n start reassembling...
Old 06-06-2009, 11:32 PM

just ordered a new timing chain kit.. new lifters.. and new push rods.. Here she is nekkid before she gets hot tanked..

Name:  block.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  71.3 KB
Old 06-16-2009, 07:45 PM

No huge updates... lil progress here n there.. decided to cut the entire dash out.. and change the whole thing... trying to get the masonite set up how I want it so I can make a mold of the whole thing n get this thing moving fwd.. New interior layouts lookin pretty rad.. ill have pics when the mold is ready..

Timing set.. pushrods.. and new lifters came last week.. along with the 4" red n green led's for the bow..
Hoping to hone the cylinders and finish cleaning up the crank by the weekend and getting the lower end put back together...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:37 AM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Is this thing direct drive or ib/ob? My ib/ob needs new bellows. I don't think I want to tackle it myself.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Is this thing direct drive or ib/ob? My ib/ob needs new bellows. I don't think I want to tackle it myself.
Direct drive.. driveshaft bolts to the flywheel .. with a slip yolk to the jetdrive input shaft...
Old 07-01-2009, 09:43 PM

chillyzf4i is a decent person

looks like you been staying busy on that..

I got some Halloween **** for sale and a snowblower
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Got the new dash laid out in masonite before I start laying glass...
Name:  SSPX0984.jpg
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  SSPX0991.jpg
Size:  45.9 KB

Quick Reply: My New/Old Project...