hands free sets

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:14 PM

PunaniGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point
hands free sets

Hey whats up everyone in MN. For those of you who dont already know me i own universal wireless a local cellular phone company. I am trying to gauge interest in motorcycle helmet headsets for nextel and t-mobile users...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...also because some of you have been such a great help and the people on this board are great im offering discounts to anyone from stuntlife that needs anyt cellular accessories or hookups pm me or email me with any needs, thanks a lot
Old 04-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Mogwai will become famous soon enough
Re: hands free sets

Originally Posted by PunaniGSXR750
Hey whats up everyone in MN. For those of you who dont already know me i own universal wireless a local cellular phone company. I am trying to gauge interest in motorcycle helmet headsets for nextel and t-mobile users...any feedback would be greatly appreciated...also because some of you have been such a great help and the people on this board are great im offering discounts to anyone from stuntlife that needs anyt cellular accessories or hookups pm me or email me with any needs, thanks a lot

Do you seriously think that with all the dumb *** drivers on the road trying to run us over every day we would need the distraction of taking phone calls while we're riding? I gotta go soon, I'll be back to tell you you're an ******* again later.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:44 PM

2NutzCrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mogwai
Do you seriously think that with all the dumb *** drivers on the road trying to run us over every day we would need the distraction of taking phone calls while we're riding? I gotta go soon, I'll be back to tell you you're an ******* again later.

Mr. Mogwai if you can't chew gum and walk at the same time while watching your surroundings I would suggest not getting one. This is actually a great idea, cause I see a ton of people reach into their pocket and check their phone while their riding. (Probably something you would do). So don't blame this on other drivers that's a lame *** excuse just to tally up another post in your book. On another note that is a really good idea. And think about this Mogwai, those dumb *** drivers that talk on the phone usually have one hand holding that phone. Have you ever used an earpiece while you drive your vehicle? If you have you will notice you are soo much more attentative while you drive. So having an earpiece in your helmet is a great idea, especially when its better to have both hands on your bars anyways. You should be more concerned about the bikers that have MP3 players in their helmet, I tried it once and almost got creamed cause I was jamming to my music and not paying attention. So a brief convo on my bike so I don't have to stop, and take my helmet off to check my phone and call them back. Great Idea, go with it. It will catch on. Oh and I ride my bike almost everyday, and I rarely ever worry about idiot drivers. Its because I know about my surroundings and I don't stay in peoples blind spots. So maybe quit trying to show off, keep your headlight horizontal when traffic is around and you won't have to worry about stupid drivers not seeing you. Oh and I'll be back to tell you how much of an idiot you are! That's just my on this situation.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Get-er-done

Kerns BBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally, riding comes first and music second. I will have my new wireless headphones and XM piped into my helmet by thursday. I had headphones with a cord and my mp3 player before. It is enjoyable background noise to me and doesn't change my concentration on the road. Plus, last summer I put 13k miles on my bike including a trip to S. Cali and on long rides tunes are nice to have.

As far as a phone goes, I wouldn't dream of it. It takes quite a bit of concentration to have a conversation on the phone and would distract anyone. If it was a short "meet me at Phils" kind of conversation I suppose it would be all right, but I know I would end up talking longer.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:24 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

the only problem with headsets while u ride is they pick up all the wind noise and they are hard to hear on. its not a bad idea at all i used to ride with my ear peice in but that would be when it was a lil later and no traffic around. the only problem would be having to activate the call from the phone, people will still check whos calling them making it a distraction. would it also be a wireless headset or a cabled one?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:55 PM

Pflepnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I answer my cell phone while i'm riding pretty frequently...if you open your visor and
wedge your phone into your helmet you can hear and speak just fine. I only say a few
words, as little as possible to get the point of the call and then I disconnect. I dunno,
i guesse i never saw a problem with it...considering some of the stupid **** we do
without thinking twice...
Old 04-05-2005, 10:52 PM

2NutzCrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes we all do stupid ****. Myself personally. The wind wouldn't be an issue, cause it would be inside the helmet and you will have an earpiece right on your ear, with a speaker also in there with foam I am guessing around it...which eliminates the wind noise or any background noise. I would just mount my phone next to my speedo, and be done with it. I'm guessing he is going to be using bluetooth technology which is amazing. That's just my I used to work for T-Mobile and that is what I would do.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:00 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

ya but the handsfree sets now a days are designed to pick up tones better so it will by default pick up wind rushing through ur lid and tend to cause a slight dissruption its just something u cant avoid cause even with the visor down it still rushes thru the bottom i think having a mic placed directly infront of your mouth and a small speaker installed in ur helmet will be a more sufficient way to do it
Old 04-10-2005, 01:06 PM

PunaniGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point

lots of good questions, well the answers are like this a, you can go wireless or chorded, b you can make non bluetooth phones bluetooth, c the helmet headsets i get aremad for bikes and dont pick up constant wind blowing, d nextel headsets come witha ptt button on them, and finally i can get them for ipods and mp3 players as well, designed for helmets. It was just an idea and im gauging interest i have been selling a lot of them in my stores back in MI so i wanted to extend the same offer to you guys. Either way, if any of you need anything just mention stuntlife and my employees know to kiss your *** and give you a good deal.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 2NutzCrew
Mr. Mogwai if you can't chew gum and walk at the same time .......

It says female asshat, learn to read.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Ghost soldier makes a good point about the wind noise interfering with the speakers, I've heard a few people complain about the chatter boxes not being worth **** because of the wind interference.

I'm still laughing over here.....I can't believe some 21 year old asshat that hasn't even been a member for a year is trying to give me a hard time.....Dude, lighten up. My opinions are often controversial, and even more often written fast with little to no consideration to anyone else's feelings as I'm typing. However, I see nothing wrong with my original post, are you this guys friend or something? You seem it have taken it extremely personal.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM

jiashahood is a decent person

hey
why dont you get scalarider?? I got one from supercheap auto. It is excellent and works very well even at high speeds. try it
Old 02-04-2010, 11:51 PM

Trigger636 is a decent person

5 year bump?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:20 PM

hey
Has anyone seen or used the new Scala Rider G4 yet? I heard it is out here in about a month or so
Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM

brandon kloss is a decent person

hmmmmmm.......
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 AM

brade is a decent person

I was a user of scala, worked pretty fine for me. But then I sold out scala and bought interphone F4. I have made a biggest mistake. I

have wasted a huge amount, just to buy that cheap product. I was facing many problems with this device, including the voice quality

problem. When I went to return this product (the interphone F4) Blueant were a nightmare to deal with. I would not recommend this

product to anyone ? the voice quality is pretty bad. Try a can and a string ? it would work better.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 AM

ohhh...
I have not heard good feed back for blueant... many people complaint about its distraction at high speeds.. feeling very sorry for you.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 AM

new scala g4 looks awesome
they've given ti A2DP which is fortunate cos that was missing in the q2

cant wait to get my hands on one!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:59 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by jiashahood
hey
Has anyone seen or used the new Scala Rider G4 yet? I heard it is out here in about a month or so
Originally Posted by Trigger636
5 year bump?

Originally Posted by brade
I was a user of scala, worked pretty fine for me. But then I sold out scala and bought interphone F4. I have made a biggest mistake. I

have wasted a huge amount, just to buy that cheap product. I was facing many problems with this device, including the voice quality

problem. When I went to return this product (the interphone F4) Blueant were a nightmare to deal with. I would not recommend this

product to anyone ? the voice quality is pretty bad. Try a can and a string ? it would work better.
ohhh...
I have not heard good feed back for blueant... many people complaint about its distraction at high speeds.. feeling very sorry for you.
new scala g4 looks awesome
they've given ti A2DP which is fortunate cos that was missing in the q2

cant wait to get my hands on one!
jiashahood & brade must think we're dumb Bumpin up a 5 year old thread mentioning a "new" product thats supposed to be coming out and then having some random newbie from the same town talk good about that product and bad about another product. Yeah that wasnt planned at all lmao. **** Scala and BlueAnt and the interphone F4 - more importantly **** yourself and bring that spam **** elsewhere. The spam on this site has gotten outta control lately