Biker killed in car crash, Pensacola Florida.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:05 PM

YB929RR is an unknown quantity at this point
Biker killed in car crash, Pensacola Florida.

Biker killed in car crash
February 19, 2005
Sean Smith@PensacolaNewsJournal.com

A 20-year-old motorcyclist died in a Bayou Boulevard collision that also totalled a car and injured its driver, Pensacola police said Friday.

The identity of the victim was being withheld pending notification of relatives. The victim was driving a Yamaha R6 race-style motorcycle and was traveling west on Bayou Boulevard at a high rate of speed about 1:20 p.m., Pensacola police officer Beth Christman said.

Samuel Arnold, 58, of Mockingbird Lane in Pensacola was driving east on Brent Lane near where the road becomes Bayou Boulevard and was stopped in the center turn lane in his four-door Saturn at the Sacred Heart Hospital entrance.

Samuel Arnold was driving this car when a Yamaha motorcycle, right, collided with his car, crushing the passenger side. Sean Smith@PensacolaNewsJournal.comAs Arnold was turning across the westbound lanes, the motorcycle crested the hill near Miles Furniture and collided with Arnold's vehicle, crushing the passenger side, said Pensacola police officer Brian Lowry.

The motorcycle rider died at the scene. Arnold was treated for minor injuries at Sacred Heart Hospital and later was released.

Robert Singleton, 33, said he was driving east when the accident occurred almost next to him.

"It happened so fast," Singleton said. "I feel terrible for (the motorcyclist) and his family. But I also feel for (Arnold)."

Police still are investigating the crash. That section of road has a posted speed limit of 35 mph.

It was the first fatal traffic crash inside the Pensacola city limits of the year. and it was the 10th fatality this year in Escambia County.
ŠThe Pensacola News Journal
February 19, 2005

http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/...209696F8.shtml

Think they left the part out about the driver in the car failed to yeild and turn in front of the on coming motorcycle.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Flsean1978 is a decent person
Re: Biker killed in car crash, Pensacola Florida.

Sad to hear that the driver isn't being charged with at least vehicular manslaughter
Old 02-22-2005, 07:13 PM

1 fast gixxer is an unknown quantity at this point

wow that $h!t is nutts... thats the problem people say we cause the accidents but alot of times they can be avoided if people in cars would watch where they was going and get the hell off the cell phones!!!... But R.I.P. man.. and i wish his family and friends the best!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:36 PM

UNIDENTIFIED is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP , people cant drive for **** these days.
drive safe everybody!!
people pull out infront of me all the time, i expect that ****.
unless i dont see any cars on side of road i wonlt go to crazy.
keep it in the lots, tracks, or bridges....
Old 02-24-2005, 07:37 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

RIP bro...always a shame to hear this stuff.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:25 PM

El Dutcho is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate how the media always tends to distort the way things happen
its never the cars fault because bikes are bad ha screw that
My heart goes out to his friends and family
Dutch
Old 02-25-2005, 11:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

R6VP is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, my prayers go out to his family and friends.. Yeah it sucks when the news wont tell the whole story. My bet is the car didnt yeild, just from expeirence... Always a shame when a fellow rider goes down!!
Old 02-28-2005, 01:45 AM

need4$peed is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, SO what if he was "traveling at a high rate of speed", cars do that too. All the time!!! and so what if he was driving a "race style bike." The HELL is that supposed to mean???? that oh, it's not so tragic because it was a race style bike, He shoulda been on the track . "the posted speed limit was" So F****** what!!! Like the other guys said, did the geezer driving the car do anything illegal, or wrong? Or was it the speed crazed DEMON on the "race style bike"
Old 07-19-2005, 01:06 AM

nobiketodd is an unknown quantity at this point

i am sick of people whining it is "not our fault" !!!!! face it, alot of us, me included, ride like ********. we all speed, we all do stupid **** and we all need to accept responsibility for the **** we do. here is a little bit from the post..."The identity of the victim was being withheld pending notification of relatives. The victim was driving a Yamaha R6 race-style motorcycle and was traveling west on Bayou Boulevard at a high rate of speed about 1:20 p.m., Pensacola police officer Beth Christman said.
"
high rate of speed. get the clue? the dude turning cannot yield to something or someone behind the crest of a hill he cannot see who is approaching at a high rate of speed. going the posted 35 i would think you could stop in 50-60 feet very safely on a bike. i would bet there is more than 100 feet to the crest of the hill.
who gives a **** if it was a race style bike or a shitty chopper, if you speed you take risks. quit crying about it, step to the plate and take what is dealt. you make the decisions, not bob turning left in front of you while your speeding. i have been riding street bikes for 15 years and have had 2 accidents, luckily one was very minor, not my fault, the other was TOTALLY my fault as i was being a ****ing moron.
wake up and quit crying. if you **** off sooner or later your *** is gonna hit the ground !!! the only "victims" are the families, not the ******* running or pulling wheelies and crashing.

get gear, be safe and find somewhere to ride where there are no vehicles or pedestirans to cream.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 AM

MzScooter is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^As harsh as this may sound, it's very true. Use your head people and ride safe!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:01 PM

Ninja63619 is an unknown quantity at this point

rip , you will be missed