first bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:54 PM

idealdecimation is an unknown quantity at this point
first bike?

i've read through the forums and all, but not many people seem to have yamahas. i'm gonna get a bike this summer, and originally i wanted the r1, but after reading through the posts, the cbr 900 and 929 are on my list now. what would be better for stunting and why? i'm looking between the years 99-03. thanks for the help.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:57 PM

Meddiepie954rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: first bike?

This is your first bike? 600...and don't worry about stunting yet...you're gunna kill yourself trying to stunt a liter bike as a first bike...600's are easily stuntable...learn to ride before you stunt.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
Super-Thread-editor

Erik will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by idealdecimation
i've read through the forums and all, but not many people seem to have yamahas. i'm gonna get a bike this summer, and originally i wanted the r1, but after reading through the posts, the cbr 900 and 929 are on my list now. what would be better for stunting and why? i'm looking between the years 99-03. thanks for the help.
I got a yamaha, so do plenty of people(we're just not post ****** ). Joking aside, An R1 or any liter bike for that matter isn't a smart choice for a first bike. Definately get a 600 to start on, or smaller. On picking a bike, just remember anything above a 250 is faster than any car you're going to drive, you have to respect the power and performance, or you will eat it. Oh yeah, buy used......you'll thank me after the first time or more you drop it(once again, it happens to all of us, veterened or not).
Old 04-19-2004, 06:40 PM

idealdecimation is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CruiserErik
I got a yamaha, so do plenty of people(we're just not post ****** ). Joking aside, An R1 or any liter bike for that matter isn't a smart choice for a first bike. Definately get a 600 to start on, or smaller. On picking a bike, just remember anything above a 250 is faster than any car you're going to drive, you have to respect the power and performance, or you will eat it. Oh yeah, buy used......you'll thank me after the first time or more you drop it(once again, it happens to all of us, veterened or not).

yeah, i'm looking at used, i've had plenty of spills on dirtbikes and my atv, so i know that's just part of the game. what would have the most bang for the buck? yam. or honda? i'm more of a yamaha person, but which would be better?