First bike, but eager to stunt. tipss?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM

newbiegirl is a decent person
First bike, but eager to stunt. tipss?

so ive never actually had a bike, but ive been riding passenger for a few years now and i plan on buying my first bike this summer. ive never operated one on my own before, so im just begining. i have a lot of confidence in myself and im very eager to learn, and i feel like its something that might come some what easy to me. now once i get comfortable with my bike and comfortable being on the road, i want to be able to do more with my bike..

ive been around my buddies stunting there bikes so much, and riding with them on stuntrides, that ive grown a very strong interest in the stuntlife. i love everything about, from the nerves to the rush, and i want to be able to take my bike to a lot eventually, and try some things out. i know its not easy, but i have a lot of confidence in myself and im so pumped to be able to learn. now i do have some questions..

im about 5'4 and way about 105 lbs. what would be my best bet for a bike to start off on? i feel like a 250 would be good, but i could be wrong. any helpful input is encouraged. now once i get comfortable, and want to start pursuing to stunt, is it even possible to stunt out a 250?

and if not, what would be the best choice for a stunt bike? for my size an all.

hoping to get some good advice, and tips that can educate me a little bit more. thanks everyone! (:
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 AM

bretsmith93si is a decent person
Re: First bike, but eager to stunt. tipss?

You can stunt a 250 but id personally suggest getting a 600. As far as bike for your size I personally can't answer that because I've only owned Gsxr. You can lower most if not all bikes but if I'm correct(don't hold me to this) but I heard its harder to stunt a lowered bike.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 AM

DANGER DAN is a decent person

Almost everyone who buys a 250 regrets buying it because they get so sick of them... My girlfriend started off on a 600 and never had problems... I'd say buy an f4i because the parts are a dime a dozen but instead of lowering it try to chop the seat foam because lowered bikes are harder to stunt and just learn from they stunters you know... Good luck hope this helped
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Suzukilover87 is a decent person

My girlfriend rides my 750, being geared down so much it feels like a 250 compared to a stock geared 750. I would suggest a cheap as possible 600, and good riding gear (road rash is not so cute on a girl)
Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 PM

_TWITCH_16 is a decent person

I though the same thing when I got my first bike, so I got a 250. Big mistake, Piece of ****. Cant do a thing with them other than small wheelies, but granted i weighed about 60lbs more than you so it could be diff with you. I ride a 650r now and It works well, although still hard to do some things
Old 10-17-2012, 03:00 PM

94F2 is a decent person

People rag on 250s, I've got a 250 and a 600...I can clutch the 250 up just fine. The only issue I see with a 250 for stunting is finding a cage, not sure if any are made for them...my 600 is becoming my stunt bike because its an older 1994 600 and my 250 is a 2012...not going to stunt my brand new bike haha

I weight 135-140 for reference, and also 250s are generally a bit lower seat height than 600s...if you can find a cage for one I think it would be a good start, and they're cheap! Old Ninjas are like $600-$1,000 in my area.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM

thanks everyone! i appreciate the input, since ive never ridin a bike alone before, i almost want to get a 250 even if that means i just have it for a couple weeks. i have no problems sellin it then getting a 600. i just reallly need something easy to learn the clutch on. i want to get it by winter, so i can take it to a lot and get familier before next season.or is there something i can try in between a 250 and 600? cause honestly id rather just get it and stunt it out from there, instead of goin and getting another bike.. im gana try to have someone with me as im learning, all tho i feel like it could possibly be easier learning on my own. since i dont actually have a bike to practice on right now, ive just been pretty much living on youtube. watching everything from the basics, to clutching up a wheelie. wish there was anybody from the st. louis area on here. but either way, anything helps. i really appreciate it (:
Old 10-17-2012, 04:34 PM

but do you think it would be impossible to do more then just clutch it up? would it be crazy to try high chairs and spreaders on a 250? im just trying to think, cause i am tiny. i know a 250s not much, but if i could stunt on it id be happy. cause no matter what i feel like thats the perfect size bike for someone like me
Old 10-18-2012, 07:50 AM

pigs01GSXR2 will become famous soon enough

5'4 105 pics pls....................
Old 10-18-2012, 08:27 AM
PowerhousePerformanceCycl

zeus_r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Find an F4i, they are cheap and can handle some serious abuse. They aren't very powerful on the bottom end, so for learning they are great
Old 10-18-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by pigs01GSXR2
5'4 105 pics pls....................
I do have a pic up
Old 10-18-2012, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by zeus_r6
Find an F4i, they are cheap and can handle some serious abuse. They aren't very powerful on the bottom end, so fori
1 learning they are great
So you don't think I'm crazy for wanting to stunt out the 250? I know they say its eaiser to stunt on a 600, but I feel like a 600 would be to much for me. I can't see myself needing to go faster then 100mph anyway. If its not common to do sick **** on a 250, I'm about to make it common. The way I look at it, a lot of guys tell me its impossible to stunt a 250, but at the sane time I'm not a dude, I'm a chick. Its harder for guys cause there used to more power, but since I'm tiny, I can see myself being able to go ham damn on a 250. It will be little enough for me to hhave control, as well as be flexible on my bike, I just want to get it, Stunt it out, I don't give myself any Other options, just make it work.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:16 AM

The problem with stunting a 250 is there isn't any crash protection parts. I can clutch up even the weakest 250 straight up and down, so there is enough power there, but what happens when it gets dropped?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:00 PM

The problem with stunting a 250 is there isn't any crash protection parts. I can clutch up even the weakest 250 straight up and down, so there is enough power there, but what happens when it gets dropped?
This is true. So there's none out there at all? What if I can find a cage for it though.. I watch YouTube vids of guys stunting 250's and thy get wild on there bikes. There has to be something I can do to make my bike stuntable, but also keep it protected
Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 PM

Suzukilover87 is a decent person

Have someone make you a cage.....Trust me I couldn't find one for my buddy's FZ1 some I just made him one
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM

^ This
Old 10-18-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Suzukilover87
Have someone make you a cage.....Trust me I couldn't find one for my buddy's FZ1 some I just made him one
How pricey do you think that would be? And once I got it made will that be good enough protection for stunting? Or will I need more then a cage?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:04 PM

^ This
Thiiiis?
Old 10-18-2012, 04:36 PM

_TWITCH_16 is a decent person

untill you getcha a cage made, take off the fairings and get some 5 1/2" frame sliders, thatll at least help. and as far as stunts, getcha a bigger rear sprocket and I couldnt imagine why you wouldnt be able to do at least some circles with a 250
Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 PM

So all I'm going to be able to do is wheelies and circles? Cause I've seen some videis of people doing everything on a 250 that somebody would be dooing on a 600. I just feel like its not impossible to do.

Quick Reply: First bike, but eager to stunt. tipss?