New to the game from UK

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 PM

Alex600 is a decent person
New to the game from UK

Hi All

My name is Alex. I live in Milton Keynes UK. I'm new to stunt even though I was always into bikes. At the moment I have 3 bikes-Intruder as a commuter, Slinghshot-street/rat bike and GSXR 600 k4 trackbike. I'm looking for some info concerning building stunt bikes and how to do some (most ) of the tricks. Hope to meet some of you and learn from you.

Regards
Alex600
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM

karlos96 is a decent person
Re: New to the game from UK

Hi alex, I am not far from you :-) in Northant's near Wellingborough...

Not sure where your at skill wise? - I am pretty good with mods etc... if you need help!
I started to do some basic tricks back in the mid 90's when tricks really started getting crazy over here, and I used to ride with some guys that were as mad as it gets lol

I stopped for sometime but have started again.... so depending where your at skill wise, if your a complete newbie I can give you advice to get you going, but not if your beyond that? I guess by own experience if you were more advanced you would not need much help anyway...

1st -Personally although they used slingshots years ago - and some still do - I would opt for something more modern if you want to do a range of tricks... that will be lighter and perhaps more responsive, perhaps have better forks and brakes, and maybe a shorter wheel base.
2nd - crash protection on the bike and wear some safety kit, inc a back protector.. I have made some mistakes early on that broke bones and gave me scars that could have been avoided... do not get too complacent when you think you have it in the bag early on constancy is a must before you push the limits (if you can't do a long wheelie do not try one handers etc..) - you can still get caught out.

Personally I am going to learn the slow stuff and build it back up - I have flipped a bike at speed after many decent wheelies - this time I am starting again... and I am bit older so more cautious lol

I am using am R6 now but had an r1 and blade years ago. Now after going back down the cc, years on. I think the r1 or blade made easier work of it with the extra torque. Even with gearing I need to rev this thing at times - I still have it geared for reasonable road use...

take care - drop me a pm if you like, maybe we could meet up.. always better to practice with someone around

Last edited by karlos96; 09-05-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:44 PM

nikkoo is a decent person

hello, nice to meet you
Old 10-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Alex600 is a decent person

cheers fellas, this forums seems completely dead