My Progression on the wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 10:09 AM

Stuntnasty is a decent person
Exclamation My Progression on the wheelie

The first two to three days When I Tried the wheelie, I could barely get the front tire off the ground, but when it did it felt good.
2-3weeks into it: was getting it up but not the smartest way. I was slipping the clutch not popping it like I shouldve been.About this time I had my first close incounter with looping it. I got greedy tried to save it and stood it straight up. My feet came off the pegs and i was walking my bike down the road... no biggie. felt my butt hole pucker up on that one
4weeks-6 weeks aka(Now): My comfort level is getting better but not the best Still grip the handle bars like a savage everytime but I can hold my wheelies all the way to redline(About 60-80ft) Also Im getting use to brake control which is key.

But Ill be a noob and admit that when someone on Stuntlife says just grow some ***** and do it..... Yea thats what you got to do. The advice on here is one stepping stone to 100 needed to getting a wheelie down.

Oh I prefer Staggered but I cant seem to keep my passenger peg out so I switched to seated. Subcage comes in two weeks. Cause 905 is slow.

But, basically Lesson learned is when you come close or dump the bike just pick it back up. Everything is replaceble.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Hitman1969

Hitman1969 is a decent person
Re: My Progression on the wheelie

Originally Posted by Stuntnasty
The first two to three days When I Tried the wheelie, I could barely get the front tire off the ground, but when it did it felt good.
2-3weeks into it: was getting it up but not the smartest way. I was slipping the clutch not popping it like I shouldve been.About this time I had my first close incounter with looping it. I got greedy tried to save it and stood it straight up. My feet came off the pegs and i was walking my bike down the road... no biggie. felt my butt hole pucker up on that one
4weeks-6 weeks aka(Now): My comfort level is getting better but not the best Still grip the handle bars like a savage everytime but I can hold my wheelies all the way to redline(About 60-80ft) Also Im getting use to brake control which is key.

But Ill be a noob and admit that when someone on Stuntlife says just grow some ***** and do it..... Yea thats what you got to do. The advice on here is one stepping stone to 100 needed to getting a wheelie down.

Oh I prefer Staggered but I cant seem to keep my passenger peg out so I switched to seated. Subcage comes in two weeks. Cause 905 is slow.

But, basically Lesson learned is when you come close or dump the bike just pick it back up. Everything is replaceble.
Keep at it dude..Ill give you the secret of stunting if you dont tell anyone..ok here it comes...Practice, Practice, Practice..thats it..I guess you do have to have some ***** to do some of the stuff that these guys are doin out here..but even then once you get used to doing a trick it becomes more of a motor memory type thing as opposed to gettin up the nerve to try some ****..I think the most important thing Ive learned (outside of wearing protective gear) is that everyone learns at a different pace..Ive got a buddy who went from pow pows last summer, to doin slow circles, decent endos and high chairs and **** this summer..now me myself..although i just started riding motorcycels 2 years ago, i really started messin around with wheelies this summer..Im able to do 2nd gear clutch ups on the street pretty well..but lately ive been workin on the slow stuff..Im staggered since i dont have a hole in the seat..I almost gave it up two weeks ago, cause i just felt I wasnt making any progress..especially when you go to your local lot and guys are killin it out there..I guess for me, Im not necessarily competitive, I just dont like Not being able to do something..so anyway..didnt mean to get long winded..and Im no pro in any way, just wanted to give you some props for trying to get better...like a guy told me at da spot..if it were easy everyone would do it...
Old 10-19-2019, 10:16 PM

dailypips is a decent person

Thank you bro!
Old 10-19-2019, 10:19 PM

dailypips is a decent person

This bike is honda winner 150 cc. Do you guys know it?. Watch it, after 2 months practicing on it. Now i tried to do standup circle wheelie :D
Old 03-13-2020, 05:06 AM

highlypotion is a decent person

Is 125 cc bike good for beginners?