Total Newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM

elishatarvin is a decent person
Total Newbie

What's up fellas. So i just got a yamaha fz6r. My first bike. I'm totally new, but the main reason I wanted a bike since I was little was to be able to do stunts and tricks. Right now I am a little overwhelmed by this site and was wondering if anyone could just take some time and walk me through what i need to do step by step to get my bike ready and then what the best way to learn tricks are. I know I need to ride around for awhile to get comfortable with my bike and gain some basic skills, but I honestly don't really know where to start. I am very passionate about this and was just recently able to afford a bike and now I am gung ho. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to growing with you guys (I know that sounds supergay, but I am super stoked. Ha)
Old 08-19-2010, 06:46 PM
caballero del diablo

deanknight636 is a decent person
Re: Total Newbie

first is to put on a crash cage or a race cage at least. then just go from there gettin used to it.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:12 PM

1nastydc2 is a decent person

First thing is the search button is ur friend you will find alot of info for newbz...
Old 08-19-2010, 08:02 PM

Ya I am slowly searching. And are frame sliders a good alternative to a crash cage?
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM

solomon is a decent person

what part tx u live ?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Just ride... Dont worry about stunts for a while. just experament with what you are comfortable with.

be prepaired to crash, its highly likely. GET HEALTH INSURANCE!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:04 PM

flawlessintx is a decent person

I totally agree with GPcrew...no way are you going to be able to do stunts unless you have all of the basic handling skills for your bike down to a T. I wouldnt risk it when your just starting out, at least not on my own bike.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:20 PM

ya i plan on just riding for about 3-4 years, then start the stunting. i just like to get a head start on things and learn all i can about things. i love to learn about what i am passionate about. ill be around here on the forum probably just asking a bunch of newbie questions and trying to get everything ready for when i do start. like what bike im getting, what cage, bar, easy pull clutch, sprockets (probably just stock at first) rear brake handle assemble, handlebars, etc. im a very fast learner so i do have that going for me right now. i just turned 25 and was finally financially secure and able to get a bike. thanks for all the replies. and by the way solomon i live in fort worth

Last edited by elishatarvin; 08-22-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM
MSS

MSS is a decent person

The forum has tons of info if you search so you can certainly learn from it. As for frame sliders, they are fine for street riding in the case the bike goes down but won't do anything for stunting.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 AM

HAMBONE315 is a decent person

I'm new to the game too bro but in the short three months Ive been riding I have bought three bikes first I started out on a 82 seca and then upgraded to a 96 FZR and today I just bought an 02 F4i I'm totally obsessed
Old 09-16-2010, 06:03 PM
Who needs roads!?

GPcrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, a cheap and relatively safe way to learn wheelies and (whatever else your trying to learn) Is to buy a used (small displacement) dirt bike. Preferably a 4 stroke, anything from a 50-150 should do the trick. I learned how to wheelie on a ttr125 before i ever tryed anything on a street bike. Once you get the breaking down, and you can ride a OK-ish wheelie on a small bike, doing it on a big bike will be a piece of ****** cake.

That would be my .02 , I say relatively "safe" because of the slow speed's you will be doing on the DB, Hell i flipped over a hundred+ times, and laughed it off. Minor bumps and bruises if your in decent physical shape should be the extent of any injury's. But if you happen to fall weird or something, bones can break...