Be prepared for a lot of questions I'm new

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 03:33 PM

1nceaflatlander is a decent person
Talking Be prepared for a lot of questions I'm new

Hello everyone I am just getting into stunting. I ride a n'02 CBR 600 F4i red/black. I have questions about the basics like what I need to know before I start doing it. Because my bike is very clean and I try to maintain that look, scratch free and I've downed it years ago one time when I was first attempting wheelies, I came down and ended up in a tank slapper and it just slammed on the right side, scraped the stock exaust and scratched up the right fairing real bad and cracked the upper fairing. Since then I've had bodywork done to the upper fairing (repaired and painted the abs plastic) and Had to also buy a new right fairing ($400.00). Since that time I put on frame sliders but I heard they don't help save your bodywork like I want. I am going to buy the sick innovations based on the reviews from this site's forum. I can imagine that you should drop rear air pressure but to how much, and should you also drop pressure in the front or is that only for stoppies, and I don't plan on doing stoppies for awhile. Keep in mind I also want to road ride more often than stunt both highway and backroads. I know my sense of balance well because I used to be really into bmx flatland and was pretty good. I want to do stand up wheelies and eventually combos but I do not want to flatten my tank or modify my bike in any way more than I already have. I see the need for a 12 bar if you come up too far but I do not want to cut any of my red plastic on the rear fender. I have a fender eliminator kit with my license flap inside and the lock relocated underneath. Is there a 12-bar or round bar that can be installed without modifying anything and without taking out my tail-light? I need it to still be street legal. As for the cage...What I want is to be able to do amature stunts without scraping my exaust. Will the crash cage prevent the exaust and swingarm of getting scratched, should a crash occur? I know that it depends on the crash, as your bike could spin like a top and total, bending the frame, cage or not, so I hear. Also with the SI cage, can I use my existing frame sliders to extend the cage sliders (they are like bmx pegs as they use the engine bolt from the inside and the flange of the bolt catches against the inside of the peg) Or must I buy the SI alum. cage sliders. I wonder why they don't make them in steel, they would last a lot longer and spark when down. And do I really need a hand brake for the rear right away? Also ordered a 50t vortex alum. rear sprocket, I was gonna get bigger but they talked me out of it at kneedragers.com in a 520 and a 520 15t front sprocket, 520 RK gold x-ring chain. I ordered 2 snap on links so that should I order a bigger sprocket only for stunting interchanging is rather easy.
But I believe I will get a 60t stainless steel for my next one and interchange. Is it true that aluminum wears a lot faster? I would believe it to be the case since dirtbikes are that way, the teeth get sharp and wear and you have to replace them. hahaha I know theres a lot of questions here and I would appreciate anyones input. There really is nobody to ride with around me it seems like so nobody to talk to about stunting. So, lastly, who wants to meet up and ride street/stunt (show me places to stunt legally if it exists) in the Muskegon Michigan area?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	31d5.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	188497   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3700139.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	188498   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3700143.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	188499   Click image for larger version

Name:	S3700144.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	188500  
Old 02-11-2007, 03:38 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Be prepared for a lot of questions I'm new

no way im reading all that .....wuts up newbie

try the search feature before you ask all the questions that have been asked a million tomes already

have a good one

-omr-
Old 02-11-2007, 03:57 PM

lamby is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are gonna stunt, expect to drop it and expect scratches. dont stunt a bike you dont want to drop
Old 02-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

Please don't expect to put a cage and stunt without scratching or breaking your bike.

If you wanna get into wheelies, I would suggest to sell your bike and buy a cheaper damaged F4i.

Your cage will not save your pipe. If you wheelie to far back your pipe will hit the ground first and throw you off on the left and ur pretty much screwed your whole making your bike look pretty. You need to cut or change your pipe or you could get hurt as a newbie.

Your pucks are not metal so it doesnt dig in the ground and make your bike stop too fast and could make it worst. Plastic pucks will just slide better on the ground they mostly take the full hit. So changing pucks will be needed once in a while but it's cheaper.

A 12 bar is not designed to not flip over backward its to do tricks when your bike is twelved.

You don't need a handbrake untill you can wheelie properly with the foot brake. I mean once your comfortable staying at balance point and you want to stand on the seat you need a handbrake if you wanna go slower, but it's a lot better if you practice all without a handbrake.

Hope this is helpfull. Take your time, learn one thing at a time... practice the back brake control all the time. That is the key to wheelies.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Bottom line is if ur gonna stunt that bike just forget about keepin it nice its gonna be trashed.......
Old 02-11-2007, 04:52 PM

1nceaflatlander is a decent person

so what exactly then does a cage do? I guess I'm not gonna stunt but I'm gonna wheelie, like I already do, only I want to learn stand-ups. I'm going to have left foot on rear passenger peg and right foot on dirver peg, covering the brake if needed. I really think that I'm going to buy a cage and I don't see how anything on the side fairings at least could get scratched, if it were just a lay down crash, or if my bike drops, cuz thats all I really want is protection from that. I'm careful I'm not going to do things I can't do right away, I know all about progression and what I am capable of like I said I rode flatland for years and I know when balance feels right and when it doesn't. I am not going to get high enough for the exaust tip to hit or to need a 12-oclock bar. and i realize the 12-oclock bar is for tricks, i think its also to not scrape your rear fender, ey, duh i can see all this nevermind thought someone could help me here.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:14 PM

Vern is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1nceaflatlander
so what exactly then does a cage do? I guess I'm not gonna stunt but I'm gonna wheelie, like I already do, only I want to learn stand-ups. I'm going to have left foot on rear passenger peg and right foot on dirver peg, covering the brake if needed. I really think that I'm going to buy a cage and I don't see how anything on the side fairings at least could get scratched, if it were just a lay down crash, or if my bike drops, cuz thats all I really want is protection from that. I'm careful I'm not going to do things I can't do right away, I know all about progression and what I am capable of like I said I rode flatland for years and I know when balance feels right and when it doesn't. I am not going to get high enough for the exaust tip to hit or to need a 12-oclock bar. and i realize the 12-oclock bar is for tricks, i think its also to not scrape your rear fender, ey, duh i can see all this nevermind thought someone could help me here.
A cage will save your bike man mostly to save your oil cases from busting and loosing all your oil, man did that happen to me often b4 my cage and it sucks. The cage does many thing, could save your side fairings but you may have to cut them to fit some cages. Like I said the puck will take most of the damage instead of anything else. If you wanna even just do wheelies a cage is #1 priority.

If you just wanna do balance point wheelies, you really dont need a 12 bar, even a small 12 bar you don't need because your not going to get at the point that you can wheelie that far right away, it could take a few months. If you want a 12 bar to save your plastics because you have gone too far, just buy another tail, it's about the same price as a 12 bar.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 1nceaflatlander
duh i can see all this nevermind thought someone could help me here.
first off dont be a little **** talking ****** when asking for help.

from the sounds of things you dont need a cage, race rails would be better suited for what you want to do. you will always need to cover your rear brake when making a whoolie unless you want to end up on your ***. look in the "help and how to forum" and find the thread "how to wheelie the proper way" read it then decide what questions you need to ask.

-the mexican
Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 PM

showtyme can only hope to improve

I'm not readin all that **** either. **** you guys are writin books.

Anyways welcome to SL.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:17 PM

illsidesniper can only hope to improve

was up 1nceaflatlander yea im in the same boat as u i wanna nice bike and wanna stunt, more that likely im just going to chill out and just ride keep the bike minty

Welcome bro
Old 02-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Step 1: Look in the search option b4 you get flamed
Step 2: Kick it over!
Step 3: But a cage on it!
Step 4: Try to act like your the best like everyone else.

Welcome to SL
Old 02-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

welcome

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote