Best fighting tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 08:14 AM

SVDragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Best fighting tips

Originally Posted by Rolla1990
LOL yeah stabbing someone or holding them down with your pistol is definately only for EXTREME situations.

I always carry my knife though incase someone wants to jump/mug me.
uhhh ok my bad, practice makes perfect and take some muay thai and brazilian ju jitsu classes
Old 09-20-2004, 05:39 PM

KingofSlackers is an unknown quantity at this point

If you want to talk fighting style then I love the Jeet Kune Do that I have been learning. It's the style that Bruce Lee started, itstead of keeping your strongest arm back, it teaches you to keep it forward. Keep your weakest arm back with your fist near your chin to block blows. Plus, my giving the weaker arm more forward motion you create more power for it.

It's called the "On Guard" Position. Here is a run down of it:

Head: The chin is turned toward the lead shoulder, lowered but not tucked in. Avoid blows by bobbing and slipping.

Upper torso: The upper torso is 3/4 facing, slightly leaning toward the opponent.

Lead Hand: Is held loosely in the fist position, extended toward the oppenent's centerline. THe lead hand can be held high to protect the head, or lowered to "draw" the attack.

Rear Hand: Is either opened, palm turned toward the opponent on the centerline, or in a fist to the side of the chin in the "answering the phone" position.

Rear Forearm: Is used to protect the midsection of the body.

Rear Elbow: Is close in, and used to protect the rear side of the body.

Lead Elbow: Is close in, and used along with the forearm to protect the midsection and lead side of the body.

Knees: Are slightly bent and springy, to lower the center of gravity. The knee of the lead leg is turned in slightly to help protect the groin.

Rear Foot: The rear heel is raised for greater mobility, and to trigger the body forward like a coiled spring.

Lead Foot: The lead foot is flat, or the heel is raised enough to slip a sheet of paper under to aid mobility.

The point of the lead foot and the heel of the rear foot interect the centerline. The feet are turned 35-45 degrees of the centerline. Weight is distributed 50/50

In Bruce Lee's art of Jeet Kune Do, there is only one fighting stance, and this stance is known as the "On Guard" position. This stance was developed by Bruce Lee to offer the best protection to the practitioner while affording the most mobility. The stance is never static, but moving in small, shifting steps. The hands may perform a "weaving" movement, after the styles of circles.

:YEAH
Old 09-21-2004, 02:06 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

put your hands up and hard kick to the knee works very well when they are not expecting it :YEAH
Old 09-21-2004, 03:07 AM

Lotensin22 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Tboner
Oh the tough guys on the internet..

Such as yourself? Or are you the dumbass on the internet? I wasn't saying I'm tough you dork, learn to read and <i>then</i> start posting, don't learn as you go. Dumbshit. I did, however, say that if 5 guys try to jump me, and I've got my knife, I'd freely slit one from *** to chin, and I damn well mean it. As I said, people get killed from being jumped, so if a bunch of people ever wanted to jump me for no reason, they better be prepared to be hurt in kind, that's all I'm saying. Personally, I'd rather smoke a J and chill the f*ck out, unfortunatley some people just aren't happy with that.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by KingofSlackers
If you want to talk fighting style then I love the Jeet Kune Do that I have been learning. It's the style that Bruce Lee started, itstead of keeping your strongest arm back, it teaches you to keep it forward. Keep your weakest arm back with your fist near your chin to block blows. Plus, my giving the weaker arm more forward motion you create more power for it.

:YEAH
wow thats alot of info....I studied JKD for a while too; however, still prefer Muay Thai and the BJJ. The 2 arts are just raw and brutall; which will save your assssss in a fight. My problem with JKD in having your weaker hand back and your stonger hand forward....(besides being akward)..... your weak hand although stronger is still weaker than your strong hand....now you have taken your power punch and made it weaker......

My advice work on that jab and put the time in on the heavey bag.
Old 09-21-2004, 08:36 AM

Muai Thai is good, the ridge I built up on my right shin saved me from a broken leg during a crash once. It acted like a bumper.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SVDragon
wow thats alot of info....I studied JKD for a while too; however, still prefer Muay Thai and the BJJ. The 2 arts are just raw and brutall; which will save your assssss in a fight. My problem with JKD in having your weaker hand back and your stonger hand forward....(besides being akward)..... your weak hand although stronger is still weaker than your strong hand....now you have taken your power punch and made it weaker......

My advice work on that jab and put the time in on the heavey bag.
You haven't really made it weaker.... you are putting the stronger arm in a position that it can be used more and quicker. Take me for example, I am right handed and right footed... therefore my right side is my lead side. I'm a pretty quick person anyway, so I just made my strong side more effective my making it even more quicker. Now, I can hit power with the lead(right hand) and use the extra motion in my left to add power to it.... now I have two power punches instead of just one... same goes for kicks. I like having my right foot lead because I love to use side kicks....

But, to each their own.... I had a cousin that took Tae Kwon Do, he got rather good but you could see his power stuff coming from a mile away... another reason I like Jeet Kune Do....
Old 09-21-2004, 05:29 PM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

im a small guy and i usually get my *** kicked. but at the same time they always come out hurtin. in fack i got my but kicked last weekend. and here is the pethetic thing about it my girlfriend smashed him in the face with a full beer bottle to win the fight. so romantic.

let the finger pointing begin.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:24 PM

tribaltalon is an unknown quantity at this point

lol.. i've always been a headbutt guy. either that, or i go at him like i'm gonna knock the living **** out of him, and push him as hard as i can instead. i then grab the back of his white tighties and proceed to pull them up and over his head. then i make my obligatory wrestling moves like CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN!??! and the SUCK IT maneuver. :YEAH

thats just about as believable as the bullshit about the cockin glocks and busting nuts i mean caps. having actually BEEN there, it is much, much, much harder to actually shoot somebody then you would think. holding someone's life on a couple centimeters of finger movement is quite a hard thing to do, especially if you're looking at said person right in the eyes.
Old 09-21-2004, 07:36 PM
Regular StuntLifer

rlk6494 is an unknown quantity at this point

dont fight the ugly guy, they got nothing to lose
Old 09-21-2004, 08:10 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rlk6494
dont fight the ugly guy, they got nothing to lose

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by KingofSlackers
You haven't really made it weaker.... you are putting the stronger arm in a position that it can be used more and quicker. Take me for example, I am right handed and right footed... therefore my right side is my lead side. I'm a pretty quick person anyway, so I just made my strong side more effective my making it even more quicker. Now, I can hit power with the lead(right hand) and use the extra motion in my left to add power to it.... now I have two power punches instead of just one... same goes for kicks. I like having my right foot lead because I love to use side kicks....

But, to each their own.... I had a cousin that took Tae Kwon Do, he got rather good but you could see his power stuff coming from a mile away... another reason I like Jeet Kune Do....
Dont get me wrong I dont hate JKD it has its good points. But I would never limit my self to one style of fighting, then you limit yourself. If the fight goes to the ground your done..... if there is a knife your done......if the guy is a boxer your done... YOu have to take the good with the bad. The UFC and King Of The Cage has been proveing this theory for years......although dirty fighting is not aloud in these events....if it were these techniques may not work either. I definately propose being a student of all arts, sparring as much as possible and staying in great shape. My favorite arts BJJ and Muay Thai for Power and strong fighting skills... JKD for trapping and briging the gap.... Kali and Si Lot for weapons fighting.... Si Lot is excellent for ground weapons fighting.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by SVDragon
Dont get me wrong I dont hate JKD it has its good points. But I would never limit my self to one style of fighting, then you limit yourself. If the fight goes to the ground your done..... if there is a knife your done......if the guy is a boxer your done... YOu have to take the good with the bad. The UFC and King Of The Cage has been proveing this theory for years......although dirty fighting is not aloud in these events....if it were these techniques may not work either. I definately propose being a student of all arts, sparring as much as possible and staying in great shape. My favorite arts BJJ and Muay Thai for Power and strong fighting skills... JKD for trapping and briging the gap.... Kali and Si Lot for weapons fighting.... Si Lot is excellent for ground weapons fighting.

Valid points..... I tend to be a grappler when all else fails... like when it goes to the ground, cause all fights end up on the ground Locking and joint moves
Old 09-23-2004, 11:47 PM

Brian~11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by damnmotorcycles
im a small guy and i usually get my *** kicked. but at the same time they always come out hurtin. in fack i got my but kicked last weekend. and here is the pethetic thing about it my girlfriend smashed him in the face with a full beer bottle to win the fight. so romantic.

let the finger pointing begin.

we forgot to mention the beer bottles....doh
Yo can keep drinking if not needed for a weapon.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:23 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

teva is an unknown quantity at this point

Everyones Got A Plan Till They Get Rocked. Most Important Throw Is The First One.
If You Know There's No Doubt That Your Gonna Go Fist To Cuffs With A Motherf#@ker, Try To Go For The Bridge It The Nose.
It'll Teer Up The Eyes And Mess With Balance.
Just Keep Pounding On 'em. Don't Give Up The Advantage Of Being First On The Gate.

Most Important, Mama Said Fight To Win, F#@k The Rules...
Old 09-29-2004, 06:17 AM

^ there ya go. I'll bite a mother****ers ear off if I have to. I fight to win, not look cool or impress the ladies. I hate fighting, but when I have to, I try to end it quickly. So far I've never, not once, been hit squarely. Hard to hit a guy that comes in low, takes out your legs, and drops you on your face. That's part of the, "If you know it's coming, hit first" idea.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:50 AM

adamf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

just go in there with the windmill throwing punches like crazy thats all little guys like me have chance to do is stun em cause we aint got enough power to knock out thats how it is with featherwieghts we have stamina and speed
Old 10-09-2004, 12:55 AM

yungryder is a decent person

Slip ur shoe halfway off and chunck it at him, as he reaches to catch it make ur move and run...or swing if ur man enough...
Old 10-09-2004, 12:56 AM

adamf4i is an unknown quantity at this point

good one
Old 10-09-2004, 01:06 AM

yungryder is a decent person

God gave us two good fists (im assuming you got a pair to) use them wisley and accuratley...

Quick Reply: Best fighting tips