I purchased a 04 r6, need pics/info. Yes SYTFU R6 its the best bike EVER!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 02:27 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I purchased a 04 r6, need pics/info. Yes SYTFU R6 its the best bike EVER!!!!!!!!

Its 100 times easier to ride then my old 2001 zx6r. Its noticable lighter then an F4i and it takes a lot to stall out even when its stock geared.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:39 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I purchased a 04 r6, need pics/info. Yes SYTFU R6 its the best bike EVER!!!!!!!!

If you wanna do circles and really slow stuff dont get the 06+, if your ok doing 15mph+ then the 06 newer is just fine
Old 10-20-2006, 02:39 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I purchased a 04 r6, need pics/info. Yes SYTFU R6 its the best bike EVER!!!!

woo r6 :YEAH
love mine
powers cageand 12 bar
up 6 in the rear and one down in the front lovin it !!!
i need a new subframe though

i might streetfighter mine dunno yet
i like grabing the air induction and the side of the windscreen
kinda likin the FF
Old 10-20-2006, 02:56 PM
zxz

zxz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I purchased a 04 r6, need pics/info. Yes SYTFU R6 its the best bike EVER!!!!

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
well owning both models... i have to say, that YOU might not be able to get with it. but this bike is way more killer than the 03-05, the lowend power is only felt for maybe a fraction of a second... it rev's too fast to notice it.
Did u install a sprocket & clutch it to get it up, cause I can't see it powering up...

Old 10-20-2006, 03:13 PM
zxz

Originally Posted by ry0s
woo r6 :YEAH
love mine
powers cageand 12 bar
up 6 in the rear and one down in the front lovin it !!!
i need a new subframe though

i might streetfighter mine dunno yet
i like grabing the air induction and the side of the windscreen
kinda likin the FF
which 06 R6 do you have, the s model?
Old 10-20-2006, 03:44 PM

Hawco is an unknown quantity at this point

no look at my avatar i got a 04 r6
the 06 r6s is liek the same except for forks and graphics,
the new r6 style i hate, well it looks nice i guess
but to drive, it doesn't wheelie as easy as mine i'll tell you that
when i had stock gearing that is,
i don't like it at all
i dunno if anyoen else feels the same way about the new one
Old 10-20-2006, 11:26 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

Originally Posted by zxz
Did u install a sprocket & clutch it to get it up, cause I can't see it powering up...

naw bro this **** powers up man...... it just doesn't power up instantly like the 03-05 model... but once it gets to 10k it fires up like it was clutched! either you aren't doing something right, or you are scared to rev it that high.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:40 AM
zxz

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
naw bro this **** powers up man...... it just doesn't power up instantly like the 03-05 model... but once it gets to 10k it fires up like it was clutched! either you aren't doing something right, or you are scared to rev it that high.
so at 10k the new R6 must be going at least 50mph... & unless you can keep it at 10k, it's going to end up at red line in a split second...

what I was refering to is powering it up at slow speeds... & the new R6 is not designed for slow power wheelie stunting, it's tuned for serious track racing...

Old 10-21-2006, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by zxz
so at 10k the new R6 must be going at least 50mph... & unless you can keep it at 10k, it's going to end up at red line in a split second...

what I was refering to is powering it up at slow speeds... & the new R6 is not designed for slow power wheelie stunting, it's tuned for serious track racing...

"Slow power wheelie stunting" Thats one of the best oxymoron's I have ever heard of
Old 10-21-2006, 05:54 PM
zxz

Originally Posted by ssteve
"Slow power wheelie stunting" Thats one of the best oxymoron's I have ever heard of
an oxymoron is relative to slow is relative to mc2

Old 10-21-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by zxz
an oxymoron is relative to slow is relative to mc2

OK
Old 10-21-2006, 06:27 PM
zxz

Originally Posted by ssteve
OK
I'll drink to that

Old 10-21-2006, 11:20 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

bwuahahha, he did say the funniest phrase ever!!!! if you got throttle control, doesn't matter how fast the bike will rip through a gear.... keeping it where you want it is skill.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

oh my GAWD

wtf are you guys talking about, all sport bikes are meant for the track. 06 r6 s or what ever model, the good looking one is perfectly fine for idle wheelies.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

if you can't wheelie it, it's not the bike, it's you.

this is true for all bikes.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:53 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by zxz

since when do you need to "install" a clutch?

sprockets aren't for easier clutch up's, they are for more pull on idle and more engine brake at slow speed.

stock 600's don't need sprockets to wheelie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-x4U5GcNNw

that video is for you.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:28 AM

that video was whorable.... but yes, i agree that fools always come up with an excuse on why they caint wheelie. the bike is cake, and who cares about power wheelies, the bike has POWER! it can easily be clutched up at 7mph, or less. clutching is the way to go... and the sooner more people learn it the sooner we will see the excuse of why a bike doesnt wheelie anymore, etc... fade away. if a hog can lift.... any sportbike can lift!
Old 10-22-2006, 02:36 AM
zxz

does wheelin a scooter with no sprocket or clutch count?

this raccoon can wheelie on da roof ya know...

Last edited by zxz; 10-22-2006 at 02:47 AM.