Stunting a Honda Hornet 600?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 04:08 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point
Stunting a Honda Hornet 600?

Hey, new to the forums so sorry if this has been covered before, just after some help though really.

Firstly for those that haven't read my post in the "newbie" section, I'm pretty new to this, been riding a while but only recently actually learnt to do anything.. I have an R6 but won't do anything on it (okay I lie, I was doing rolling stoppies on it :YEAH ) but it will cost me far too much money to go crashing.. so I bought a WR400 Supermoto as I really love supermoto's, and also have been using it to stunt on. I've learnt a bit so far.. getting better at wheelies, stoppies and rolling burnouts etc... but have only got out to practice about 4 times so far as the bloody thing keeps braking on me

Anyway, I'm selling the R6 and want to get a cheaper bike, mostly for commuting to work, stunting and general use, long distance etc... I am thinking of the honda Hornet 600 as they are cheap and I've seen a few people stunting them, nice riding position for stunting etc and a CBR600F4 (de-tuned.... more mid-range and low end I think?) engine..

So... anyone stunt a Hornet? Are they any good for it?? Any mods need doing to make it okay for stunting?? Just remember I'm no stunt god yet.. I just want a bike that does everything I need plus not worried if I drop it whilst learning to do stuff..

Cheers.
Old 10-28-2004, 04:28 PM

f4rider is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunting a Honda Hornet 600?

Is that the same as a Hurricane?
Old 10-28-2004, 04:32 PM

It's one of these mate:

Old 10-28-2004, 05:38 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I do....sorta

Its a pretty sweet bike to stunt. You might want to get straighter bars and upgrade the front brakes.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
I do....sorta

Its a pretty sweet bike to stunt. You might want to get straighter bars and upgrade the front brakes.
If I do go for the hornet I was thinking of... Renthal bars, braided front line and better pads, also been told that if I do the lines then you need to put stiffer fork springs and oil in (not sure how true that is..) 14/47 gearing was reccomended to me by one of the guys from www.artofstreet.com ... that should get me started anyway I thought.

Just got to sell my R6 then make my mind up!