No More GSXR Oil Starvation!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 12:46 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point
No More GSXR Oil Starvation!!!!!

Finally found the answer to the oil starvation for the GSXR's. I installed my oil pickup mod from stuntex.com and it rocks. My oil light doesn't even come on when it's draggin on the bar. I've even done rev limiter coasters with it and no light, :YEAH (although I wouldn't recomend it on any bike). You have to pick one of these up. I was tired of going through motors faster than a fat kid eating doritos.

and it's easy to install, I can't change my oil without running into problems sometimes and I put this on myself, lol. Here's the answer no everyone stop whinning
Old 08-11-2004, 02:38 PM

02redr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: No More GSXR Oil Starvation!!!!!

ya, they don't make it for srads....
Old 08-11-2004, 02:46 PM

SAMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

That's badass Justin. Now all you have to do is buy a minty 929, LOL
Old 08-11-2004, 02:54 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

cafe motorsports at www.cafe-concepts.com make em for any major stunt bike i think, and so does schnitz racing
Old 08-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a good scare with my bike last week. Gnarly noises pouring out of my motor. I change my oil every 1500 miles and was scared I blew it up. I am new to slow stuff but love rockin the highway, and highway usually has you revving pretty high....

After a good half mile run, I came down and the engine was screaming with this hideous noise. I just changed my oil so I freaked thinking I messed up tightening the drain plug or filter....

Anyway, turns out that it is my tranny so when I swap it, I will be installing an extended pickup. I keep hearing good things and it can't hurt.... Congrads on your findings.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:03 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by MSE_STUNNERZ
That's badass Justin. Now all you have to do is buy a minty 929, LOL
a minty fresh 929
Old 08-11-2004, 03:11 PM

Posterchild is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone have this problem with the 954???
Old 08-11-2004, 03:21 PM

dan gates can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Posterchild
anyone have this problem with the 954???
954 does that too? my friend has one but i don't think he did slow stuff yet. too nice i guess. are you sure its starvation?
Old 08-11-2004, 03:28 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I put this on my 03 gsxr 750 too ...very simple install ...very worth the money
I installed mine with the bike on the 12 bar for easier access and you really get an idea of how much of a difference it will make. The stock pickup has to starve at that angle!
Old 08-11-2004, 04:16 PM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

They're all really neat gadgets...but I overfill my oil about a quart and no problems...93 900RR over 50,000 stunting rounds, 94 900rr over 50,000 stunting rounds, 98 srad 99 srad both milage unknown but two years of slow shizzy on em, no problems...99 900rr...no problems and about 20,000 miles...15,000 miles on the 929 with 100 percent slow shizz on...no problems...overfill and change regularly...has worked for me so far (crossing fingers)
Old 08-11-2004, 05:28 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't even looked at the srads but the 2000+ gixxers do not respond well to overfilling. The extra oil ends up rolling back into the tranny and out of the front of the oil pan where the stock pickup is positioned to no matter how much you overfill it. Unless you are putting over 4 quarts which is extremely bad for your bike. Stock is three quarts.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Lick Tha Ballz

JPratt can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 02redr1
ya, they don't make it for srads....

thats what Im saying... hopefully they can get something made up... :YEAH
Old 08-11-2004, 10:39 PM

GSXRDeville is an unknown quantity at this point

was thinking of picking one up. My only question is, are there any downsides to changing the oil pickup? For slow ****, highway, stoppies, racing etc. Or is it 100% all good. Dunno why Suzuki wouldn't throw one on stock if it was all pros no cons.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 PM

BunaRocket is an unknown quantity at this point

No draw backs so far, unless your doing 2 min endo's and bangin off the rev limiter while in stoppies, lol. It's definetly what you need for 12's or even high way wheelies at high revs. I was doing 50- 60 mph tank 12's and no problems either, until I scraped and lost it, lol, (Pics are on the website).
Old 08-12-2004, 03:57 AM
love you loving to hate

Six Eight Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lb3
I haven't even looked at the srads but the 2000+ gixxers do not respond well to overfilling. The extra oil ends up rolling back into the tranny and out of the front of the oil pan where the stock pickup is positioned to no matter how much you overfill it. Unless you are putting over 4 quarts which is extremely bad for your bike. Stock is three quarts.
No personal experience with a non srad Gixxer so you could and probably are correct on that one and that had not been a factor on my input...so I guess ANYONE can learn something every day...thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 04:10 AM
RONINRACER PRODUCTIONS

LEE OF RONIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BunaRocket
Finally found the answer to the oil starvation for the GSXR's. I installed my oil pickup mod from stuntex.com and it rocks. My oil light doesn't even come on when it's draggin on the bar. I've even done rev limiter coasters with it and no light, :YEAH (although I wouldn't recomend it on any bike). You have to pick one of these up. I was tired of going through motors faster than a fat kid eating doritos.

and it's easy to install, I can't change my oil without running into problems sometimes and I put this on myself, lol. Here's the answer no everyone stop whinning
WOW...I thought we were the first to have one designed for the new gix. I will have to check that site out. We blow on engine doing 12-burnouts in our first video "Ronin Riders", and had been working on our oil-pickup system ever since...haha. Good luck with that I know it's a good feeling.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:19 AM
RONINRACER PRODUCTIONS

LEE OF RONIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by methodryder
They're all really neat gadgets...but I overfill my oil about a quart and no problems...93 900RR over 50,000 stunting rounds, 94 900rr over 50,000 stunting rounds, 98 srad 99 srad both milage unknown but two years of slow shizzy on em, no problems...99 900rr...no problems and about 20,000 miles...15,000 miles on the 929 with 100 percent slow shizz on...no problems...overfill and change regularly...has worked for me so far (crossing fingers)

Yo...how are you puttin those kind of miles on more then one or two bikes kid...? I know we have one guy on our team that, before he broke both legs last year, was riding/stunting everyday, and riding his bike out of state etc. and he only had like 40k in about 2 years.
Unless you got some new tricks to tell us about how you stunt two bikes at once....hahaha.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Ned

Ned is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am not doing any slow stuff yet but it is only a matter of time now that I have bought a dedicated stunter , a 2002 GSXR1000.
Not wanting any trouble I pulled my sump on the second week I owned it to see what all the fuss was about.
Besides finding the standard pickup points forwards I found some small pieces of aluminium in the strainer of the standard pickup.Not wanting to put anybodies work down , the pickups I have seen for sale have no strainer , if I had no strainer these pieces of metal would have gone through the motor.
Also....these aftermarket pickups are not extended pickups they are RELOCATED pickups.The standard pickup gets oil from deep in the sump , where the aftermarket ones get oil from the rear but also much higher in the oil level.As I wish to do some track days/drag racing as well as stunt I feel the motor could possibly starve with this setup.
I have made my own pickup AND modified the sump so it picks up oil from the rear but also DEEP in the oil.