World Record Endo ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 12:01 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: World Record Endo ????

Originally Posted by wheelchris
SO CRAMER!!! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO INVITE US UP FOR A PRACTICE WEEKEND AT YOU SPOT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHEELIE CHRIS
bro, you guyz are welcome any time :YEAH
Old 07-26-2004, 12:23 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

For everyone out there pushing the sport, I salute you. Setting a goal and achieving it is one of the most satisfying things we can experience in this short life. But remember: Records will always be broken. Being goal driven and ego driven are 2 totally different means to an end. This is such a dangerous trick to be pushing the limits every day. I just had to pipe in and say my piece, because as long as the payouts for putting your life on the line are $1000 dollars, it tells me that except for the handful of riders that are involved, nobody really gives a **** about it. Be safe. God bless.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:43 PM
u of m still sux

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
For everyone out there pushing the sport, I salute you. Setting a goal and achieving it is one of the most satisfying things we can experience in this short life. But remember: Records will always be broken. Being goal driven and ego driven are 2 totally different means to an end. This is such a dangerous trick to be pushing the limits every day. I just had to pipe in and say my piece, because as long as the payouts for putting your life on the line are $1000 dollars, it tells me that except for the handful of riders that are involved, nobody really gives a **** about it. Be safe. God bless.

i agree with you 100% on the whole payout thing matt, and hopefully i get put in the goal driven category and not the other one, and your opinion is valued by more people than you think, especially up here in your 'ol stompin grounds
Old 07-26-2004, 01:38 PM

PavementEater is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan Cramer
i agree with you 100% on the whole payout thing matt, and hopefully i get put in the goal driven category and not the other one, and your opinion is valued by more people than you think, especially up here in your 'ol stompin grounds
All I know is stuntrageous was sick last time. and all you people need to come to 2.0.

Ryan I heard you rollin 792 feet or something last comp.
was it the SL comp?

anyway, get over to NY and bust it out! can't wait to rock with you guys!
i'll introduce myself.

~Jared
Old 07-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Ryan, you wear your heart on your sleeve. You have determination written all over your face. You know what category you're in. All I'm saying is I know how easy it is to be caught up in this whole stunting thing. Seeing something written good about you in here makes you feel like someone. It's more addictive than crack (I wouldn't know ) I've been watching this post since it's birth. I love doing stoppies. It's indescribable what it feels like to roll a stoppie for a distance and feel the floating sensation that some may never feel....and then get praise for it. There is a reason for pride in going the distance. It takes skill, and even more, *****. I've been off my bike for some time now, working hard on these videos and working full time at my job 6 days a week and have had a minute or 2 to reflect on the last 4 years. I have different goals now than I did 1 year ago and am pursuing them every day. I'll be 29 this year and I don't know how the hell I've lived this long, and I thank God I still have the opportunity to pursue the goals that are important to me today and look forward to what my future brings. I was thinking about it the other day. I guess I just wanted to say a little piece because I know how life threatening this trick is, especially now that it's at the level it's at. I'm not trying to keep anyone down and say "stop while you're ahead" I just wanted to give testimonial to the fact that what may seem so important today, may be but a memory a year down the road and to not lose sight of the preserving of your future for a measley $1000 payout or to see someone's name in a forum.

I don't know how this will come off, or why I wrote it, but I felt I just had to say it.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:16 PM

Ryan, I think it's a Michigan thing. If you look, the state itself looks like your brake hand. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but there might be evidence linking world records and Michigan based genetics.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:32 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan, I think it's a Michigan thing. If you look, the state itself looks like your brake hand. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it, but there might be evidence linking world records and Michigan based genetics.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i never thought of that
but your post before this one came off in a way that it made at least one person smarter than before.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Scrape and keep going...

not_me is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we all understand the risk at hand. The fact that someone like Ryan (and hundreds of others) do this is because they love it.

The man makes the money, money doesn't make the man.....

You guys are great and inspiring. Rock on... Godspeed...

I prolly won't be in Stuntrageous 2.0, but will be there with teamrisk. Vinnie will be tearing it up, hopefully with my boy Will Blocks. It will be a great time again....
Old 07-27-2004, 10:28 PM

jbone can only hope to improve

Ryan, you wear your heart on your sleeve. You have determination written all over your face. You know what category you're in. All I'm saying is I know how easy it is to be caught up in this whole stunting thing. Seeing something written good about you in here makes you feel like someone. It's more addictive than crack (I wouldn't know ) I've been watching this post since it's birth. I love doing stoppies. It's indescribable what it feels like to roll a stoppie for a distance and feel the floating sensation that some may never feel....and then get praise for it. There is a reason for pride in going the distance. It takes skill, and even more, *****. I've been off my bike for some time now, working hard on these videos and working full time at my job 6 days a week and have had a minute or 2 to reflect on the last 4 years. I have different goals now than I did 1 year ago and am pursuing them every day. I'll be 29 this year and I don't know how the hell I've lived this long, and I thank God I still have the opportunity to pursue the goals that are important to me today and look forward to what my future brings. I was thinking about it the other day. I guess I just wanted to say a little piece because I know how life threatening this trick is, especially now that it's at the level it's at. I'm not trying to keep anyone down and say "stop while you're ahead" I just wanted to give testimonial to the fact that what may seem so important today, may be but a memory a year down the road and to not lose sight of the preserving of your future for a measley $1000 payout or to see someone's name in a forum.

I don't know how this will come off, or why I wrote it, but I felt I just had to say it.

hey matt my name is justin im a good friend of chauncey veira's and i hope your not doin what he is doin which is basically nothing because you along with him and a handful of others were the ones who blew this sport up and it seems like all the og's are startin to get away from ridin for whatever reason. it just sucks to hear it because all of you are the nastiest riders out there this has nothing to do with records or gettin your name on a board it has to do with ridin because thats what we love to do and your one of the best at it i love to watch and learn from the handful of you because back then it was just for the love and everyone had there own style and i have to say no matter if you had the longest stoppie or whatever you have the sweetest looking one when you do one it just looks like the bike was ment to be there.its higher and much smoother than everyone else. and i know you got married not to far back and you have a family to take care of now but i hope to see you ride still and even more i hope to ride with you someday.

peace out

justin
Old 07-27-2004, 10:41 PM

Thanks bro, that meant a lot to read that. This sport has taken it's toll on some of the guys that have been in the game and received all ends of the stick. It's so hard to put your heart and soul in something for so long and not get back what you want.....Kind of like falling in love with someone who doesn't love ya back. Chauncey "The kid" aka "Boy wonder" (he'll always be the kid to me) is one of the most talented individuals I've ever met. He has "it" and it's because of him (and Joe Brown) that inspired me to roll stoppies like I do in the first place. Brown had the length and consistency and Chauncey had the height and the style. I robbed them both and added a little Gorka to the equation. We're not out of the game, but I look at this race more like a relay, than a sprint to the finish. It's time for some to pass the baton, take a rest and let others run their hearts out and get some of the shine, cuz lets face it: It's the recognition, praise and respect from people like you who keep us old dogs from becoming a memory and lets us know our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Thanks again, and be thankful you have the kid to call your friend, I miss the **** out of him.
Gorka
Old 07-27-2004, 11:27 PM

jbone can only hope to improve

you definetly added gorka to the equation and its you guys who inspire me to work my ***** off to try to even get within a mile of the talent that you guys have and like i said before bro i sure hope to god that you dont get out of the game or take to long of a rest because i love to watch people who have their own style like you and chaunc ride. i respect all of the ol dogs they paved way the for everyone else mainly you, chaunc, woods,brown,thew,etc. hope to see you out there again soon bro and i hope everything else in your life goes well.i mean this bro and hopefully we'll run into each other someday.

peace out

justin
Old 07-28-2004, 08:20 AM

For anyone wondering just what it is going to take to roll the distance: Mark out 1000 feet. Approach the start line with enough speed to apply the brakes as you cross the line and keep them applied throughout the distance. Your goal is to give just enough brake so that your front tire stops on the 1000 mark. You'll notice the faster you come in, the more brake you'll need. The slower you come in, you'll see that you have to be gentle on the brakes to roll up to the 1000mark. Try this over and over again until you can keep consistent light pressure on the brake. If you want to feel what the guys feel coming in at 110mph approach at that speed. The key is to find enough brake so that you stop smooth right on the 1000 mark. Keep in mind that when the guys are up in a stoppie, they can't just grab a handful in the middle or at the end. It has to be super consistent the whole way through. If you roll short, try again. If you blow past the 1000 mark and you're barely on the brakes, you're probably not being realistic, the bike can only be so vertical at 100 mph before you're eating concrete. It will give a close comparison to how much brake and how much speed is required to roll a given distance. If you approach the distance with only a 600ft takeoff and find yourself only going about 85 before you cross the pick up line, you'll need to be super light on the brakes to roll to the mark, meaning you'll have to be damn near vertical to accomplish this had you been in a stoppie (for the record, 600ft approach and 85mph was good for 938ft) The lighter you are on your brakes, the more vertical you'll have to be to roll that distance. In some cases, you'll have to be almost off the brakes for the last 100ft to hit your mark. The faster you come in, and the harder you are on your brakes., the lower you can be.....Make sense?
You'll first be amazed at how far 1000ft really is and then you'll have more respect knowing what precise brake control is required.
For the guys out there rolling far, this may even be of some use.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:32 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

that is probably, no that is the best way i have ever heard any teach how to roll a long stoppie, make alot of sense. no one in my group is anywhere near world record distance, but one guy is really rolling the hell out of them. he comes in fast low and hard on the brake, i told him, bring it up about 8 to 10 inches higher and he would prob. double his distance. i come in at half the speed and light on the brakes with the *** at 10 to 11 oclock and get the same distance or just 10 to 20 feet shy of what he is getting, wich by the way is only 165 ft....not **** compared to what you guys are getting, but matt gorka's post is dead on.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:07 AM

iceberg is an unknown quantity at this point

What about when the tail hangs or "swings" over to the side and dosent stay strat, i never had that problem befor and now my sub frame is bent to all hell "if that has anything to do with it " and every time i roll a endo the tail kick over to one side my guys in my crew kept telling me that its something i am doing but like i said i never had that problem befor i mean once in a blue moon but never every time i roll a endo . also i put a diff set of "used" rotors on the bike if that makes a diff at all, i dont think there ****ed up at all b/c under reg braking they work great so any help would be great
thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 04:01 PM

GreggV is an unknown quantity at this point

GORKA is the man.................

Just wanted to subcscribe to this thread.....Ego's are making me laugh
Old 07-29-2004, 11:26 PM

ThrottleBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

All this is very interesting gang but, is it worth it to any of you to have a Longest Endo Comp with a payout of 2Gs?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:23 AM
www.ChicagoRiders.com

Robbie can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ThrottleBoy
All this is very interesting gang but, is it worth it to any of you to have a Longest Endo Comp with a payout of 2Gs?
maybe some just do it for fun...

anyone who can roll over 700 is it fun anymore?
Old 07-30-2004, 07:08 AM

well i cant roll over 700 but its fun as hell to me and the only reason i do it is b/c its fun is there any other reason to do then just b/c you love it ? i mean making mony of it would be great but it looks like i will be working for the rest of my life so the only reason to do it is b/c it makes you feel good and you love the rush just my
Old 07-30-2004, 07:09 AM

but what about the tail going to the side ????????
Old 07-30-2004, 07:35 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

bill parr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iceberg
but what about the tail going to the side ????????
look at the vid and pics from the show last tuesday, i know i aint rolling no records, but when my **** starts shifting i shift my shoulders to counter it, didnt even realize i was doing it till i saw the pics...

Quick Reply: World Record Endo ????