929 Problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 05:38 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person
929 Problems!!!!

Ok here's my beef wit the 929, first time I did a highchair the windscreen shattered, I replaced the garbage zero gravity windscreen with a lockhart phillips, much better but still flimsy as hell and the upper is weak and cracked!! I thought of stacking 2 or 3 windscreens together to make it stronger and using lots of bolts and zip ties, can I fit a upper bracket to it like ona 900rr??also the brake fluid resovoir is in the way, anybody remount it somewhere else?? Everytime I ride the bike I gotta buy 3 qts of oil!!! First time I was doin a slow wheelie towards a curb, I parked it about 2 feet from the curb luckily, but when I was bringing it dowm I cased the curb like a dipshit and broke my oil pan, ****!!!! Talked to a friend who had one, he gave it to me for $25, pulled the header off replaced it real easy. Next time dropped it on the left side not even that hard, the R1 coulda took the hit no problem!! broke the alternator cover, and I got sliders, not the long ones, just the regular ****, I got lucky replaced the cover n gasket fixed. Yesterday first day with no rain for like 2 weeks, I was scraping and a plate I have welded to my scrape bar to make it even flatter and wider broke off leaving me with a shitty uneven surface to scrape on. I was doing a sitdown 12 jumped to the back seat and the bike went sideways a little and I ended up dropping it on the left side AGAIN broke the block and the alternator cover and the all the bullshit inside, **** **** ****!!!!!!! now I'm fucked if I cant get my boy to weld this **** up I'm fucked I gotta get a new motor and this bitch dont even have 2000 miles on it, a block for a r1 is1000 at cost, I dont even know the price for a honda but it would probably be cheaper to find a motor on ebay or something. What do I do, help a brutha out!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 05:57 PM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
put the 900 rr bracket on and drill holes for the top mount

the resovoir
i take it off the mount and cut the hose to the resovoir short so it will flex and spin and not get in the way if ya need illsend some pictures

should of bought the gsxr 1000

the only bike that is biult to last

i drop my bike at least 35 times every time i ride and the worst that happens is a case cover will break about every 3 months
a year and a half hard stuntin still rollin straight

holla at laura from redline extreme she does all the windscreen **** and hers has never broke
she has the rr bracket on it
Old 12-30-2002, 06:08 PM
SERVIN IT UP

ya that's what I'm sayin, when I ride I crash everytime, sometimes worse thaty others but I need a bike that holds up to the abuse, I will get the 900rr bracket fo sho!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 06:46 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person
i used a bracket off a rc51 for my 954 windscreen! It seems to be working okay! Had to make some bends in it though to make it fit! I was thinkin about using a 900 one, just havnt got around to seeing if it will work or not! Darius, what up? You guys still down for vegas, havnt talked to you for awhile. Im heading out tom morning at like 6am!

Good luck on the 929!

DAN
Old 12-30-2002, 06:49 PM
SERVIN IT UP

ya where you stayin at?? I might just drive down and stay at a freinds house.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:00 PM

Laura Freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Here are pics of mine. My whole front has breaks in it everywhere from before the fairing stay. It is SOLID now and doesn't give, I love it. The fairing stay is off a 95 zx7(possibly) it was bent slightly and I added flat steel from the front fairing bracket(see pics) to meet the fairing stay.
Oh and the brake reservoir bracket broke and just reused the broke piece all is good now.

Last edited by Laura Freestyle; 12-30-2002 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:39 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
i cant speak personally but my boy corys 954 upper cowl brackets bent/broke from highchairs its the most un-honda thing on that bike!!!!!! there made from pot metal i think
Old 12-30-2002, 07:58 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
here d

click here
Old 12-30-2002, 09:03 PM
SERVIN IT UP

Thank's but I just took got back from my friends house, he's a pimp busted out the tig and welded that **** up, I'm so ******* stoked dont got to yank out the motor Thank's for the pics Laura, I think the 900rr bracket will work It has the same holes as the 929 I think, I will make some stuff like you did to connect the bracket to the headlight support, all I got to do now is overnight some parts and I'm coastin again!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:35 PM

Adam of SBH is an unknown quantity at this point
I built these for a friend. Put an end to busted case covers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pb280005.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	8490  
Old 12-30-2002, 09:52 PM

yeahhhh....

thats a great idea!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:40 PM

97GIXXER750 is an unknown quantity at this point
for all those who think we are just a bunch of reckless, immature kids.... well most of us still are

but do we got some fuggin genious engineers on this site or WHAT????

Chris
Old 12-30-2002, 10:52 PM
Ouch....

Teddyosofast is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweeeeet......

Dude......you should make a bunch of them up and sell them.....Put me down for a set up like that.......
Old 12-30-2002, 11:12 PM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Hey Darious, have you tried a stock windshield? I can't break the stock one on my 1000 and I've tried.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:05 AM
SERVIN IT UP

No I havent, the honda dealer told me it was like $200 and I was like fuuuk that!!! I am gonna buy one more and double it up with a 900rr bracket, then get some longer sliders so It dont happen again.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:30 AM
2 WHEELS UP!

Kyle_PBZ is a decent person
Check E-BAY, they're on ther all the time. Should be able to get one for about $30 give or take.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:43 PM

cbrman77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oem windscreens on ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1876068157

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1876051558

Last edited by cbrman77; 12-31-2002 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:55 PM

yambike is an unknown quantity at this point
I still have the stock windshield on my 929. It's pretty flexable. It bends a lot when I'm doing highchairs but It hasn't cracked yet.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:48 PM

insano is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up been there done that

Hey bro I live in phoenix and ride 24-7. I'm on a 929 as well and I'm on my 2nd motor, 3rd set of forks, 5th subframe, 2nd swing arm, I already went through the plastic and windshields and that sort of ****. Now I have a metal bar on the front that holds you back when your doing **** over the bars. Not only that I can also do crazy wack **** off the front of my bike. Also you need to build a cage for your motor so next time you wont brake anything. Send a piece of threaded bar through the swing arm pivot, weld a nut on the end and you can brace all the way back to there. There are so many things you can do. I have a full fab lab at my work it helps.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:55 PM
SERVIN IT UP

What up Dustin, how's **** down in Phoenix? I think I got most of my problems worked out so far, you going to stuntwars??

Quick Reply: 929 Problems!!!!