Cage NEWS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 01:08 AM

dorq is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cage NEWS!

Originally Posted by scotty636
I Ordered A Cage And 12 Bar Three Weeks Ago And I Haven't Recieved It. I Have Tried To Contact Them By Phone But Never An Answer Or Reply. I'll Repost If I Recieve It.
was thinking about ordering one of these cages but im not sure now that i read these posts. Dont feel like goin through same bs im going through waitin on sprockets, if i order the **** i want it when i order it. Plus how come one person here said theyre breakin case covers on 929's? Ive heard of this prob with FI cages before. Almost looks like all the big name riders are bein paid to talk bout how awesome these cages are...Some more feedback from no name riders would be nice to hear Anyone else having problems recieving orders from FI?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:29 PM

GSXRstunter is an unknown quantity at this point

i was wondering if there was a cage out for an 04 gsxr 6 and if there is what it would cost to get one, and where can i look to check out a picture of it?
Old 12-04-2004, 04:21 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

Originally Posted by dorq
was thinking about ordering one of these cages but im not sure now that i read these posts. Dont feel like goin through same bs im going through waitin on sprockets, if i order the **** i want it when i order it. Plus how come one person here said theyre breakin case covers on 929's? Ive heard of this prob with FI cages before. Almost looks like all the big name riders are bein paid to talk bout how awesome these cages are...Some more feedback from no name riders would be nice to hear Anyone else having problems recieving orders from FI?

i would sugjest a home made cage.....if you can't find some one to make you one i would go with the powers cages......i like home made stuff but my powers has held up for about 10 hard drops and about 50 set downs....i just had one of my boyz destroy a new fi gage and destroy his case cover on his r6........oil everywhere......usre your judgement wisely.....don't spend money where you don't have to................and by the way i am deffinatly a no name.......just treying to help other poor/upcumin riderz

whiteBoy wankstaz
jarvis danga
Old 12-04-2004, 01:24 PM
I love all hot women!!!

Goose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unknownrider
i would sugjest a home made cage.....if you can't find some one to make you one i would go with the powers cages......i like home made stuff but my powers has held up for about 10 hard drops and about 50 set downs....i just had one of my boyz destroy a new fi gage and destroy his case cover on his r6........oil everywhere......usre your judgement wisely.....don't spend money where you don't have to................and by the way i am deffinatly a no name.......just treying to help other poor/upcumin riderz

whiteBoy wankstaz
jarvis danga
Don't listen to this no name stunter, he doesn't know what he's talkin' 'bout............

FREESTYLE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theis, my FI cage works just fine and you know I crash lots!!!!

WERD!

Goose
Old 12-05-2004, 08:01 PM

maniacr1 is an unknown quantity at this point
do you have a cage for a 2004 r1?,and a pic?thanx
Old 12-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had no problems with my FI cage. Two drops and nothing broken. Plus I like the fact that you can take the loop out and hit the twisties. Takes just a couple of minutes. I talked to Tim today and ordered some new tips for the sliders and he was very professional and said they would be shipped out today with no shipping and handling. Gotta love the man!!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:57 PM

jmoto is an unknown quantity at this point
what about racing 905 cages
Old 02-17-2005, 05:43 PM

standup677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to slam 905 but. I ordered one for my 01' 929. I cracked my shins everytime I rode. It was even hard to sit at a light in my normal stance. As far as bolting it on I had to grind down a 19mm. socket just to get it in the upper back tube to tighten the bolt down. I have heard that 905 redesigned their cage I'll have to wait and see what it looks like. As far as freestyle I. I have one on my 00'929 I really like it You never even know its there. It looks better than the others. It is easier to get part of it off to work on the clutch side. 4 bolts and it is off. I have never severely dropped my bike yet so I don't know how well it will hold up. Keep in mind nothing is indestructable. What happens to one may not happen to another.I also like the powers.Looks wise. I have not ridden a bike with one on yet but alot of guys around us have them. They seem to be happy with them. Personally if your not learning to 12' I like the freestyle I. I have not seen the new cage yet, I think the old one can flex if you have a hard enough hit. If it is hard enough you might even crack your frame where it is mounted. The thing I do like most about the freestyle cage is the fact if you do f-up your bike It looks to me like it would be easier to take freestyle's cage of better than 905's. If I had to grind down a socket to get it in the tubing when it was new. How would it be if it was bent alittle. Guess what you'd have to cut it off. $250. right down the drain. Do research see which is best for you. Keep in mind the pro's are pro's for a reason. They don't drop there bikes all the time. And if it does fall they know how to save it better. Company's sponsor rider's so people will use what they ride with. I just want to give my honest opinion on my expierences. Keep in mind some people swear by one bike others swear by another. But they all do the same thing!
Old 02-21-2005, 08:07 PM

NYgsxr1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

How much for the cromoly loops.........shipped to NY 11510........i have an FI cage just want the new cromoly loops.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:01 PM

well I feel like I have been betrayed, before I read this thread I had ordered a cage from Powers. I called 2 weeks ago on a friday. They told me they would be shipped on Monday. I waited till friday no cage. I called friday they told me it would be shipped monday. Half the time you cant get ahold of anyone. Anyways tommorow will be 2 weeks that I have been waiting for my cage. I left messages and never received a courtesy call back to let me know the status of my order. Their customer service SUCKS. I will not promote them in anyway. Everybody buy a freestyle I. Sorry powers burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me
Old 02-25-2005, 08:48 PM

Well heres the latest saga with powers. I finally received my cage after ordering 2 weeks waiting when they said it would be shipped one day after I ordered it. After leaving 4 messages and never getting a call back. I went to put the cage on my 929 and the long bolt that goes thru the frame is smaller in diameter that the stock one. The stock one is 1/2" thick ,powers is 3'8" think powers knows more than honda (not!) Second of all those idiots never asked me if I had an aftermarket exhaust on my bike. The cage wont go on. Powers is complete jerk off's. I called the company to tell them about it again during business hours and they never returned my call. If I don't get my refund of $265. I firgure they'll lose alot more from bad publicity. I am one to never make up stories and I always compliment good customer service. Moto-heaven shipped when they said. Freestyle shipped when they said and I already have one of tim's cages. Please think really good before you ever think about buying anything from powers bike worx. They wont return your calls and I'm not sure if you will get a refund.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:16 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by phqyou2
and about the 905 i hope you all have pads on your shins.
You can either get $15 shin pads or a new frame. Attempting to make the cage unbreakable is the wrong way to go - the stronger your cage the better the chance to snap a motor mount. BTW my shins never hit my 905 cage on my gixxer, but it is true some of them do wreck your shins - 905 for 900rr and R6 from my experience.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Well I finally was able to get a hold of powers. I did have to call them. They did pay for shipping back to them since it wouldn't fit. So now I am not as pissed but, I feel they should have know about the fit problem ahead of time. I already ordered my freestyle cage. I was talking to my buddy he had the same problem with a 905 cage on his R1. It seems if you have an aftermarket pipe that moves closer to your oil filter 905 or powers wont fit. I definitely think freestyles is the nicest looking cage. I hope it performs well. So I do have to give powers credit for taking back the cage and crediting my money back. kudos to you. One good piece of advice when customers call and leave a message. Call them back!
Old 03-03-2005, 05:25 AM

RazorCycleSport is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by standup677
Well heres the latest saga with powers. I finally received my cage after ordering 2 weeks waiting when they said it would be shipped one day after I ordered it. After leaving 4 messages and never getting a call back. I went to put the cage on my 929 and the long bolt that goes thru the frame is smaller in diameter that the stock one. The stock one is 1/2" thick ,powers is 3'8" think powers knows more than honda (not!) Second of all those idiots never asked me if I had an aftermarket exhaust on my bike. The cage wont go on. Powers is complete jerk off's. I called the company to tell them about it again during business hours and they never returned my call. If I don't get my refund of $265. I firgure they'll lose alot more from bad publicity. I am one to never make up stories and I always compliment good customer service. Moto-heaven shipped when they said. Freestyle shipped when they said and I already have one of tim's cages. Please think really good before you ever think about buying anything from powers bike worx. They wont return your calls and I'm not sure if you will get a refund.
POWERS CUSTOMERS SERVICE DEFINITELY SUCKS. MATT POWERS IS A ****ING COWARD. THEY LOST MY BUSINESS FOR LIFE AS WELL AS EVERYONE WHO I COME IN CONTACT WITH.

PS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT IS MATT POWERS' MOM.

PATHETIC

hey matt....u r a *****!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 12:10 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by standup677
Well I finally was able to get a hold of powers. I did have to call them. They did pay for shipping back to them since it wouldn't fit. So now I am not as pissed but, I feel they should have know about the fit problem ahead of time. I already ordered my freestyle cage. I was talking to my buddy he had the same problem with a 905 cage on his R1. It seems if you have an aftermarket pipe that moves closer to your oil filter 905 or powers wont fit. I definitely think freestyles is the nicest looking cage. I hope it performs well. So I do have to give powers credit for taking back the cage and crediting my money back. kudos to you. One good piece of advice when customers call and leave a message. Call them back!
WTF would you have a aftermarket pipe on a stunt bike anyway? Also the cages are made off of stock bikes and headers, as for 905 they will make any custom changes to your cage to make it work for your bike. Good luck with that FI cage - hope you don't break any motor mounts.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:35 PM

well mikkee I bought the bike with an aftermarket pipe. So you think I should buy a stock pipe/silencer and exhaust valve for a stunt bike that I am going to beat up. You also realize people buy cages for other bikes not just stunt bikes. As far as the cages being made off of stock bike yes you are right but they should tell you that when you order a cage. A simple question like "what kinda of pipe do you have" would of saved me 3 weeks of waiting and b.s. . I had a 905 cage on my stock 929 905 never asked me what kinda of pipe I had either when I ordered it. FI cage is my last option. I have a 929 and you crack your shins evertime you ride it. F-that I would rather break a motormount plus the b.s. that you have to go thru to change clutch's. Even putting oil in the bike was a *****. I put this out there so people could be more informed when ordering cages. Ultimately it their decision. If you read my post on 2-17 I talked about all 3 cages. I have had them all. This is just my opinion. take it or leave it. It's still my opinion.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:34 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

why is freestlyeingenuity's web site down? out of business?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:52 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Jay Carnes will become famous soon enough

whoops, must have spelled it wrong. there it is. not editing your post is gay