Fmx, Why The Hype?...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 07:13 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
Fmx, Why The Hype?...

AS I WATCHED FMX ON ESPN I SAW THE FIRST EVER FMX 50 RACE. and those FMX sallys literally walked their bikes over the jumps.

WHAT THE ***? they got sponsors out the ***, shows and coverage galore, and THEY WALKED A FIDDY OVER A JUMP. I'm beginning to think Freestyle Motocross riding is a lot easier than most people think. I wonder what they think of us, or if they even know what is going on in the Sportbike Stunting scene right now.

They also had a new obstacle the "grind box", most guys were throwin 5ft long endos on it. HOW EASY IS THAT? ... easy for those that don't know. I MEAN COME ON THESE CLOWNS ARE GETTING PAID, and the way i see it they aren't innovating or progressing except for the backflip, and that's not really all that new.

I say that an organized group of teams shows up at a FMX show and LITERALLY BRINGS THE AUDIENCE TO THE PARKING LOT. It'll be ease find a strip, block it off, do a few rev-limiter burnouts, and wait. Once the crowd shows up we'll have a couple of the select few that are doing no handers roll down the strip at 2 mph, maybe Gorka rippin circles around camera men, who knows what rick and digidy will pull out.

LETS ORGANIZE A REVOLT AGAINGST THE MAINSTREAM POP MOTO CULTURE!!!!!! i got dibs on Pink
Old 11-23-2002, 09:35 PM

Wheelie Boy is an unknown quantity at this point
I couldent agree more, except one thing, maybe if they made the grind bike about 100ft long they could do an endo for at least 60ft, I have seen some of those guys do dirt bike endos, that thing just wasent big enought, I dont even think the whole grind box was 5ft, that would be pretty awsome to get an FMX cround to LEAVE the stadium and come to a parkin lot to watch a REAL stunt show
Old 11-23-2002, 10:04 PM

YSR50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah yes that was the freestyle event in Reno, my home state! I agree with you guys about the grind box thing, but believe me, its very hard to do all of those tricks in the air. But hey, you do have a point about the streetbikes, they should have one area for the freestyle dirtbikers, and in the other area one for the streetbikers, and so you could watch both after you got sick of one.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:48 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
I was into fmx before i started street bike stunting. I broke so many bones, thats why i switched to street. the tricks arent that hard, but jumping 50 ft in the air takes *****. its really ****** scary.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:30 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't care how good of a street rider i become-i will alwayz remember the godfathter's of crazy azz bike tricks. and i would never steal a crowd away from my hero's like: Metzger-Deegan-Jones-Hart-the KING-Clowers and Sethro just to bring attention to myself and our sport(maybe before or after the show). They didn't have another freestyle type of riding for the public to relate with as we do. We should be thanking them for showing that freestyle riding(riders) can be controlled long enough to do shows at the biggest venues in the world. they have paved a path for us and i think we owe them a little more respect than that becuase i can tell you that their tricks and their falls are 10x's harder than ours.
Old 11-24-2002, 11:48 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

-Rodger- is an unknown quantity at this point
balla,

did you happen to see the FMX comp i was talikin about. Your boy Mike Jones tried a backflip and bailed after like 1 sec. Like MikeM said it only takes ***** to fly 50 feet in the air, those bikes are built to due that ****. OUR bikes on the other hand weigh damn near 500 lbs and we are doing **** like NO HANDED WHEELIES AND 500 FT. ENDO'S.

also I don't see why you would envy those guys so much. again I was never big into MX, but from what I hear those guys are all big headed ******. Have you ever hung out w/ professional and under/un-paid streetbike stunnas? if not THEY ARE COOL AS ****. I remember at the recklessOP show KYLEXXX was on a superstar status w/ grown ups and kids alike. I believe they even asked him to go to one of their daughters b-days on sunday which was like 2 hrs away, AND HE WENT. From what I hear about FMX riders you'd be lucky to get an autograph.

I'll give em' credit for gettin to the spotlight, but not for bringin all their buddies with em and acting like SCHMUCKS.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:54 PM

didn't get to see that-if it was on espn though-i'm sure it will get played out

in response to your post:
to go pro in FMX you gotta have ***** but it takes huge amounts of skill- i know-i've raced and i tried FMX before i got into street. i moved to street in 99 cause it's easier plus the starboyz had just put out FTP1 and it was the coolest **** i ever seen

i never said that i ENVIED any FMX guys-i DONT envy anbody. i look up to them cause they do what they like to and IT PAYS for the 24's on thier 2003 escalades.

Have you ever hung out w/ professional and under/un-paid streetbike stunnas
first off - i stunt for FREE-i do it cause i enjoy the look on the face of the guy who can't.

do i wanna make some bling? of course

yeah i have hung out with pro stunna's-but as with any sport there are ******** along with the nice peeps.

do you know what XXX and Starboyz's rates are? under paid in comparison to a FMX guy-mainly cause FMX guys won't turn down offers from HONDA

from what I hear those guys are all big headed ******
I'm not gonna mention any names cause most of em are on this board but i've been treated better by FMX guys that are in magazines everymonth than SOME of our VIP's.- i musta chilled with dan pastor for 2 hours at kevins house back in july and he was really cool too.

but not for bringin all their buddies with em and acting like SCHMUCKS.
what? go to any sportbike event and you'll find all the groupies that think they're more important than you cause they are freinds with the group-even though you can out-stunt everyone in the damn group everyday of the week and twice on sunday.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:11 PM

by the way-call me aaron

i don't know why i picked that name?-i have no $
Old 11-24-2002, 01:54 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Dirty B is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree with ya Aaron. I really look up to some of the FMX guys, especially Metzger. I got to hang out with him for a few days at Gravity and he was super nice. He never acted stuck up at all. Like you said, there are some ******** in every sport, our's included.