Dual control Rear Break - kit for KTM 690 SMC

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 05:15 AM

Robechan is a decent person
Talking Dual control Rear Break - kit for KTM 690 SMC

Hello everyone!

I am Robechan, from Italy. Found this forum while I was looking at the Rekluse dual actuated rear brake kit on-line...and discovered that the KTM 690 model is not included in the "compatible models" list. ****.

Does anyone know where can I find a cheap (Clake looks good, but very expensive ) solution for a KTM 690 SMC?

Thanks in advance, and if you want to check out my channel on youtube, please do!

https://www.youtube.com/user/namphu
Old 09-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Larse is a decent person
Re: Dual control Rear Break - kit for KTM 690 SMC

Originally Posted by Robechan
Hello everyone!

I am Robechan, from Italy. Found this forum while I was looking at the Rekluse dual actuated rear brake kit on-line...and discovered that the KTM 690 model is not included in the "compatible models" list. ****.

Does anyone know where can I find a cheap (Clake looks good, but very expensive ) solution for a KTM 690 SMC?

Thanks in advance, and if you want to check out my channel on youtube, please do!

https://www.youtube.com/user/namphu
The rekluse kit sucks anyway so no big deal.

The easiest way is to tap into your footbrake master cylinder, remove the reservoir and install a junction valve or weld the hole shut and tap a hole for a banjobolt in it. Then get just run a brakeline from the footbrake master to the handbrake master on your handlebar.

It should look somewhat like theese pictures http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/921...brake-systems/ or just search on junction valve handbrake or single caliper handbrake
Old 09-19-2014, 04:40 AM

Robechan is a decent person
Re: Dual control Rear Break - kit for KTM 690 SMC

Originally Posted by Larse
The rekluse kit sucks anyway so no big deal.

The easiest way is to tap into your footbrake master cylinder, remove the reservoir and install a junction valve or weld the hole shut and tap a hole for a banjobolt in it. Then get just run a brakeline from the footbrake master to the handbrake master on your handlebar.

It should look somewhat like theese pictures www.thumpertalk.com/topic/921770-hand-brake-systems/ or just search on junction valve handbrake or single caliper handbrake
Hi Larse,

and thank you for the reply! Regarding the Rekluse kit, they don't produce it (asked directly to the tech support) and probably won't create it any sooner...they told me that the actual system won't be enough powerful for my type of bike (DOESN'T MAKE ANY F***ING SENSE!).

Anyway thanks for the advise, appreciate it!

I will try to go the way you said, even if finding those parts in Italy can get a bit tricky...

Will post again once I've installed something that works!

Cheers,

Robechan