Farings vs Naked highway wheelies (i'm a noob)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:50 PM

rkham11 is a decent person
Farings vs Naked highway wheelies (i'm a noob)

Don't tell me i'm a squid dudes, but I haven't totally got BP down solid yet.

I got stock sprockets and I had my 636 naked for the past few weeks. I was totally killin it in 2nd gear. I could balance for about 10-20 seconds or so, but I just got my farings back on and I can hardly keep it up at BP for more than a few seconds. Why is it so much harder to wheelie with farings? I feel like it's aerodynamically all over the place or something
Old 07-22-2012, 06:01 PM

KpeckR6 is a decent person
Re: Farings vs Naked highway wheelies (i'm a noob)

It's all mental. Sit down or stand up?
Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM

And I'm a squid. I'll admit it. It's in my bio.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by KpeckR6
And I'm a squid. I'll admit it. It's in my bio.
Naw man I know I'm a squid too, that's why I don't need people to tell me haha and I'm doing sit downs mostly
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Well I'm gonna tell you it's all mental because, it's always something "different." Like when someone put a new pipe on "they can feel a difference." I wrecked a standup and killed my devil pipe. I had to go stock again and it sounded too quiet compared to usual so I was over revving it and coming up really quick past pb and having to rear brake it back to bp.
I know exactly what you're saying about the weird stuff with the fairings on. When I bought my 03 and started stunting stock sprockets, I stripped all the plastics off so they wouldn't get damaged. A couple months later a friend wanted to highway ride 40 miles to the beach. Sitting down I couldn't do cause my view was blocked by my fairings. So I was letting off before bp because i was used to seeing my fender a little over my line of view but instead my nose fairing was there way before bp. When i did hit bp id have to be lleaning out to the left to see and changing lanes unintentionally. Stand ups were fine because there wasn't anything "different" to compensate for. Well that's what I think anyway.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by KpeckR6
Well I'm gonna tell you it's all mental because, it's always something "different." Like when someone put a new pipe on "they can feel a difference." I wrecked a standup and killed my devil pipe. I had to go stock again and it sounded too quiet compared to usual so I was over revving it and coming up really quick past pb and having to rear brake it back to bp.
I know exactly what you're saying about the weird stuff with the fairings on. When I bought my 03 and started stunting stock sprockets, I stripped all the plastics off so they wouldn't get damaged. A couple months later a friend wanted to highway ride 40 miles to the beach. Sitting down I couldn't do cause my view was blocked by my fairings. So I was letting off before bp because i was used to seeing my fender a little over my line of view but instead my nose fairing was there way before bp. When i did hit bp id have to be lleaning out to the left to see and changing lanes unintentionally. Stand ups were fine because there wasn't anything "different" to compensate for. Well that's what I think anyway.
Thanks man, you're probably right, but it feels sooo weird now and just yesterday i could rip em no problem. I gotta start standing up
Old 07-22-2012, 11:04 PM

I'm not saying standing up is your answer. You need to practice sit down just like you did no fairing. Just gotta get used to the change. Like sprockets, if you put them on and you don't ride bp first try, you don't change back to stock. You practice to adapt to the new setup. Keep at it and try new things. Don't shy away or you won't progress
Old 07-22-2012, 11:06 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

on highway yes its gonna be a lil different...hell even in the lot its a lil different, your not the only one that thinks so...i ran a naked bike for years now i have ff and yes it does feel completely different...on the highway its gonna catch more wind because theres more body to the bike and with sit downs you loose a lot of your viewing area so your going to feel a lil bit weird doing so...but just like everything keep at it and you will get over it lol