Wr250x stunt(Newbie Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:54 PM

Rikuno is a decent person
Wr250x stunt(Newbie Questions)

Hey guys, just a little intro and some questions.

Im 18 years old atm and got my street bike when i was 16(been riding dirt since 8). Anyways, just recently i decided that the street really had nothing more to offer me than transportation. In other words, i cant find any fun on the street after getting pretty good on the track. I bought a brand new wr250x recently and decided to pretty much get into stunting. Im not foreign to a wheelie, but i want to learn to slow them down and just have overall fun. This bike will not be a pure stunt bike but also my play bike all around.

Quesitons.

1) I know i need a handbrake if i want to learn what im aiming for. Money is not too much of an issue, but i want to be conservative if possible(all my money goes into bikes anyways). Do i need a duel caliper or can i just go with the single caliper such as this one. Im not going to be busting high chairs or anything else to be honest. At least not quite yet. Just the basic stunts such as 12s and circles. http://www.50stunt.com/YAMAHA_REAR_H.../smct-0448.htm

2) crash protection. So far i have the basics which are handlebar guards, and sliders on the rear. What else would i need to cover the basics to keep my bike safe?

3) Sprockets. This bike will NOT be made street legal. Im done screwing around on the streets(at least for now). This bike will be in the dirt with friends and in the parking lot for fun. I think it comes with a 13/42. I know i want to go pretty big for maybe a top speed of around 60-70. I know its personal preference since i like -1 +2 on my cbr while others hate it but if someone could give me a general direction on what to hit first it would be awesome!

I know these are all noob questions to you guys but its like stepping onto Mars for me =P. Any help, tips, or comments are always appreciated.

Here is pretty much my wheelie atm(im in the yellow helmet. Not too good at all but they are fun =). I can do a little better on my cbr.

heres the last pic i bought from a while ago at the track.
Name:  IMG_11942.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  156.2 KB

Thanks so much guys!