Still learning

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 04:53 PM

kapzanass1 is a decent person
Still learning

Fuckk ... quick question .... when doing wheelies on a honda cbr f4i in second gear do you really have to yank that throtle then pop that ****...i was told to do speed wheelies before i ever started doing idle wheelies... is this true?? def need this crash cage and someone to ride with ... half my problem is that i dont have any people to learn from or ride with that are actually intrested in getting hardcore... lame
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM

Sfighter900 is a decent person
Re: Still learning

this is how i do my 2nd gear wheelies on stock sprockets. Hope this helps,

Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 PM

thanks man i see you do have to yank it ... idk how i feel about not covering that back brake ... is it the same with the brake coverd and your feet on the back peg
Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM

At the time i didnt have a HB, so i was always under BP, u see me in and out of it that why u see the bike go up and down...umm Rear peg is ALOT easier than staggered i hate staggered not comfortable for me at all... u will have to hop like i do to get that bike up tho.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:44 PM

why dont you like the staggerd wheelies?? is it harder??
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM

1., i cant get the bike up doing staggered cause i cant preload the spring by hopping.
2. i dont feel comfartable with my leg that high and etc.
3. when its up its not harder, the hard part is getting it up since we have stock sprockets.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 AM

TLoke13 is a decent person

Originally Posted by kapzanass1
Fuckk ... quick question .... when doing wheelies on a honda cbr f4i in second gear do you really have to yank that throtle then pop that ****...i was told to do speed wheelies before i ever started doing idle wheelies... is this true?? def need this crash cage and someone to ride with ... half my problem is that i dont have any people to learn from or ride with that are actually intrested in getting hardcore... lame
I'm also a begineer but learning idle wheelies is easier and doesn't hurt as bad WHEN you crash. I'd rather loop at 5mph than 30mph. Also idle wheelies lets your body get comfortable using the rear brake.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by TLoke13
I'm also a begineer but learning idle wheelies is easier and doesn't hurt as bad WHEN you crash. I'd rather loop at 5mph than 30mph. Also idle wheelies lets your body get comfortable using the rear brake.
Originally Posted by Drbob31
Idle is what I started with too. Much less painful when one crashes!

---
R. Bryant
bus charter indiana
What they both said.!!! i have crashed both ways, 60 mph is alot more painful, thankgod i had a leather jacket when i crashed, at learning idle i crashed nothing at all to me no scrapes, no bruises nothing
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 PM

KpeckR6 is a decent person

When I started in 02 all my friends were second gear rear pegs below balance point so they could lay on the tank and engine brake if gone too high. I was both front pegs (covering brake), 4,000 rpm, half throttle, Snap clutch, and then left staggered at bp. I couldnt snap staggered without wobbling. I always cover brake because the only time I had not, ended up on my *** at 40mph. But this was pre- or maybe early handbrake days though.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 PM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

Originally Posted by kapzanass1
why dont you like the staggerd wheelies?? is it harder??
no its not harder actually if you dont have a handbreak either sitdowns or staggard is the way to go so you can cover you break...i started staggard cuz i just felt more confortable with it then move to back pegs to learn the hb better...my nxt session will be seat standers...been at it for awhile started on the streets then went to the lot...wish i would have started lot or made a good mix of it...plus with working the amount of hours i do its hard for me to get any seat time in at all so its been taking me a lil bit to get where im at..

Originally Posted by Sfighter900
1., i cant get the bike up doing staggered cause i cant preload the spring by hopping.
2. i dont feel comfartable with my leg that high and etc.
3. when its up its not harder, the hard part is getting it up since we have stock sprockets.
well first off the preload isnt really doing you much of anything...you may think it is but not really...pop the clutch at a lil high rpm and you'll be at the same point...plus if your hitting the streets in all reality bigger sprockets dont really matter its more of gear choice then sprocket size...yes bigger sprockets make it easier to pop up but mostly its for idle pull which theres plenty of ppl who run stock sprockets and do just as much as what ppl with bigger sprockets do..

Originally Posted by TLoke13
+1

Originally Posted by KpeckR6
When I started in 02 all my friends were second gear rear pegs below balance point so they could lay on the tank and engine brake if gone too high. I was both front pegs (covering brake), 4,000 rpm, half throttle, Snap clutch, and then left staggered at bp. I couldnt snap staggered without wobbling. I always cover brake because the only time I had not, ended up on my *** at 40mph. But this was pre- or maybe early handbrake days though.
a lot of ppl run streets and pretty much rely on engine brake more then actually brake to keep bp...dont really have to be under cuz all thats doing is requireing more throttle to keep it up and under bp which sooner or later will end up bad for you...like i said in the first post in this reply its more about gear choice then anything else and thats learning your bike and finding the best choice to bring it up in....when i was stock sprocket on my r6 usually 3rd gear was where i would pop it up, with my 636 i have a 64t rear sprocket and depending on speed its either 4th or 5th gear but this is mostly highway and back roads

then again im not that much farther then some of you in the learning curve just been around for awhile soaking up as much info as possible everyones a lil different on how they go about things and some of this info maybe not 100% on the money but this is what ive learned either from experience or from others but thats my on all of this...anyone cares to chip in on right and wrong go for it either way seat time and learning your bikes tendencies is the only thing thats going to get ya anywhere...plus always be wearing proper gear no matter what
Old 07-22-2012, 06:46 PM

ALl of yall are very helpful !! im getting as much practice as possible.. but i am been held back by no pertection ... a helmet is all i have no gear or crash cage so i feel like im not giving it all i got... all of this is coming soon though