Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 01:25 PM

brother.4 is a decent person
Re: spam sucks on this sight

im there bro say no more
Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person

Its all good, they're some pretty knowledgable guys. They just got it up and running a few months ago, but so far its been working good without spam. One of the guys said he wrote a checksum script in the background of the registration page that checks the ip against known spam (if that makes any sense). As for the live chat thing, it was idea of another user who thought it would be cool to have. A few weeks later those guys had it up and running for us.......So they seem to be on top of the game.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think the spam bots search for threads about spam ..lol
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

i appriciate these spammers looking out for me. now if i could just spell appriciate correct.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/74-...rget-wear.html
Old 08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

why do you and duffer enjoy the spam so much ? you both liked this site at one point and the spam is what killed it
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
why do you and duffer enjoy the spam so much ? you both liked this site at one point and the spam is what killed it
You guys just all need to get together and bring the fun over to the local site we have. Im sure they will make you plenty of discussion spots for whatever you like. We could all nominate someone to be the MOD and had everything taken care of for us

www.TwoWheelScene.com
Old 08-01-2011, 01:24 PM
IB Staff

Robb M. is a decent person

guys, we're trying.

is there anyone else interested in having moderator powers to remove the spam as it appears?

I currently oversee 94 sites on my own, it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I actually thought the spam had gotten better here on Stuntlife in recent months?

cheers,
robb
Old 08-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Robb M.
guys, we're trying.

is there anyone else interested in having moderator powers to remove the spam as it appears?

I currently oversee 94 sites on my own, it can be a bit overwhelming at times. I actually thought the spam had gotten better here on Stuntlife in recent months?

cheers,
robb
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 PM

guys, we're trying.

cheers,
robb
Robb, MOD privelages isn't going to allow them to work with the spam problem. They will need access to the Admin Control Panel (CP) in order to make changes within registration and other parts of the forum that not even a Super MOD can access.

IMO, this site needs a complete upgrade of vBulletin to about the 4.1.3 version. There is numerous changes and bug fixes in that version that will fix many of the problems.

PS: I'm always up for helping, but as stated above Admin Access is going to be required in order to work in the areas that need to be worked on.

PS: FTP access to the domain would be very helpful. As some scripts will need to be added to /forum folder as well as .xml uploaded through vBulletin Admin CP.

Last edited by ReSpECT; 08-01-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:50 PM
IB Staff

Robb M. is a decent person

hey man,

first off, no way are we upgrading to vb 4.x. We own vbulletin, and there's a reason that virtually none of our community sites are using that version.

We have also added several spam management tools in the past few months, which I thought had been working. If they aren't, we can definitely take a look there too.

I'm open to granting adminCP access, but i'd like to get to know one another a little bit first, you know what i mean?

I can be your adminCP slave if you have specific instructions you wish to see carried out in the meantime.

cheers,
robb
Old 08-01-2011, 02:55 PM

hey man,

first off, no way are we upgrading to vb 4.x. We own vbulletin, and there's a reason that virtually none of our community sites are using that version.

We have also added several spam management tools in the past few months, which I thought had been working. If they aren't, we can definitely take a look there too.

I'm open to granting adminCP access, but i'd like to get to know one another a little bit first, you know what i mean?

I can be your adminCP slave if you have specific instructions you wish to see carried out in the meantime.

cheers,
robb
Check ur PM, if u have access to Admin CP at the moment. I would like to talk to u and see if the vBulletin 3.x version has something that was found in the 4.X version.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 PM

Hell yeah Robb, i bet that spam **** has a very hard time showing up from now on. w00t!!!!!!!!!

Now what about being a MOD, LMAO
Old 08-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

Spam has been pretty low lately. Hopefully it can stay that way!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
Spam has been pretty low lately. Hopefully it can stay that way!
We fixed it completely yesterday. If u look the last registered user was astrorobb which was the test account that Robb made while we were fixing it. Since then, not a single spam user has registered.

So u could say the spam is gone Bye Bye. Now all they need to do is go through and remove all the spam user posts and clean it up a little.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I've deleted like a hundred threads so far of crap. Doin Work!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by GSWITCH33
I've deleted like a hundred threads so far of crap. Doin Work!
I cleaned up abunch last night...
Old 08-02-2011, 05:49 PM

brother.4 is a decent person

wow you guys are the **** i like this sight more then stunt ride cuz im still a squid but it just seems like everyone on hear is much nicer and helpful and IM THE ONE WHO STARTED THIS THRED AND THERE IS NOTHING I WOULD LIKE MORE THEN BE ABLE TO GET RID OF THE SPAM so if your looking for people please let me but +1000000000
on getting rid of all the spam im just glad to see someone is doing something about it
Old 08-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Its amazing that the simplest little thing can fix the biggest spam problems,
Old 08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Administrators

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Its amazing that the simplest little thing can fix the biggest spam problems,
Indeed...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
Indeed...
Has anyone checked to see if he added it to accept the lower case s and the upper case S. I gave him the code he needed to make it work for both. But I don't recall him ever saying he added it for both. I know for sure he said it worked for the lower case s. It works no matter what, but sometimes **** happens when not so intelligent people try to register

Last edited by ReSpECT; 08-02-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: spam sucks on this sight