brake fluid

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM

engineman44 is a decent person
brake fluid

what brake fluid can i use???i have a 06 636 and it hass the hhd big rotor kit 4 piston hand brake with 13mm magura and after i ride for 20 min it over heats and loses pressure so what are my options ???
Old 01-20-2011, 04:48 PM

venci79 is a decent person
Re: brake fluid

bel ray dot 5
Old 01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

motul rbf 600 is bad *** but make sure you flush the whole system with it cause they recommend you dont let it mix with other fluids ..

also check to make sure your brakes arent dragging when they get hot , over filling the reservoir can cause this because the brake fluid expands when it gets hot so only fill it to the full line ..

if thats not your problem then make sure your foot isnt resting on the brake , and if thats not it stop raping the brake ..lol
Old 01-21-2011, 11:08 AM

sonniesickboy is a decent person

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM i SWITCH TO MOTUL 600 ITS A SYNTHETIC DOT 4 THAT WORKS REALLY GOOD i HAVN'T HAD ANY FADE ISSUES SINCE i STARTED USING IT.. THERE IS ALSO A SYNTH CALLED 5.1 THAST WORKS GOOD TOO
Old 01-21-2011, 02:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you have to be carefull using some 5.1 brake fluid because some of those have silicone in them and you dont want to use silicone in a brake system not designed for it
Old 01-22-2011, 04:21 PM

sonniesickboy is a decent person

Yes dot 5 is a silicone base and you can't mix with 3&4 , but the motul 5.1 is a synthectic fluid it doesn't have silicone in it niether does the motul 600
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I break anything I touch

standingrisk is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
motul rbf 600 is bad *** but make sure you flush the whole system with it cause they recommend you dont let it mix with other fluids ..

also check to make sure your brakes arent dragging when they get hot , over filling the reservoir can cause this because the brake fluid expands when it gets hot so only fill it to the full line ..

if thats not your problem then make sure your foot isnt resting on the brake , and if thats not it stop raping the brake ..lol
I uesd to run the blu ray but quickly found out that it was not that great, and it breaks down fairly quickly. My boy Fuzzy had me switch to the RBF and i have not yet had a problem, and its been in their for almost 2 years now.
just my opinion tho
Old 01-27-2011, 01:00 PM

engineman44 is a decent person

thanks for the input
Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 AM

Joe Slow is a decent person

I use the Liqui Moly 5.1. High boiling point and does not break down quickly! Never cooked a standard RR's rear brake and I was hard on the foot.