f4i oil smoke after landing on its side

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:42 AM

imaboa is a decent person
f4i oil smoke after landing on its side

Bike is an 01 F4i, w/ clean air mod.

We went riding this afternoon. after a few hours of wheelies, my friend locks up the front wheel and the bike lands on the cage on the clutch side. It sat there for about 45 seconds.

Now when the bike cranks, it runs great, but is blowing out oil smoke, and puddles of oil come out of the exhaust, after it runs for a minute.

I can't help but think that it has something to do with oil getting into the section of the valve cover that the pair valves go to?

If this happens all the time, and I'm being a whiney bitch and it needs to sit over night, let me know. or is there something else i can do so I can just pick it up and ride it again without the go-go-gadget smokescreen.

you can make fun of my, call me a bitch, tell me to search better, doesn't matter as long as i get some hints as to how to fix this piece of ****.

thanks ! john
Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: f4i oil smoke after landing on its side

search clean air mod
Old 10-23-2010, 12:30 PM

Looks like it just filled the exhaust with oil.

I've re-routed the hoses to the valves and to the breather on the valve cover. I guess maybe JB weld the things over the exhaust?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

with the clean air mod done correctlly if u leave the bike running while its down on the left side oil will get routed right into your exhaust and smoke like a bitch. has happend to me a couple times. check your oil level now and make sure your not low, dont know what your talking about jb welding.
Old 10-23-2010, 04:06 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the clean air mod is supposed bypass the air box so any oil that gets pumped out of the crank case vent tube will go directly to your exhaust dont jb weld any thing ...

did you unplug the clean air valve ?

the crank case vent tube is the hose coming off the left side of your valve cover you want that connected to the port that used to go to the front or your air box , block the holes left in the air box and unplug the clean air valve or replace the clean air valve with a t fitting , either way is fine .
Old 10-23-2010, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ethiopian
with the clean air mod done correctlly if u leave the bike running while its down on the left side oil will get routed right into your exhaust and smoke like a bitch. has happend to me a couple times.

Ok. sweet. this is what I've got going on.

Next time I just need to man-up and keep riding instead of loading hte bike in the truck and going back home.

thanks!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by imaboa

Next time I just need to man-up and keep riding instead of loading hte bike in the truck and going back home.

Naw man, you did the right thing by shuttin it down,better safe than sorry right?The guys that ignore stuff like that are the ones who end up spendin tons of $$$ buyin motors n ****.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:49 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by blee
Naw man, you did the right thing by shuttin it down,better safe than sorry right?The guys that ignore stuff like that are the ones who end up spendin tons of $$$ buyin motors n ****.
if the clean air mod is done right there is no reason to load up when the bike smokes ..
Old 10-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
if the clean air mod is done right there is no reason to load up when the bike smokes ..
Yes, I knew that...but he didn't...
At the time when his **** was puffin smoke, he had no idea what was causing it.
Dont ya think its a good idea to shut it down and not ride it till your absolutely sure what is wrong.

Thats what I do,If the bike starts doin something wierd and I have no idea why,I wont ride it till I figure out the issue and decide if ridin it will jack it up more.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:21 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by blee
Yes, I knew that...but he didn't...
At the time when his **** was puffin smoke, he had no idea what was causing it.
Dont ya think its a good idea to shut it down and not ride it till your absolutely sure what is wrong.

Thats what I do,If the bike starts doin something wierd and I have no idea why,I wont ride it till I figure out the issue and decide if ridin it will jack it up more.
yeah i wasnt looking at it from that point of view but youre right
Old 10-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
yeah i wasnt looking at it from that point of view but youre right

I see what you meant though,Now that he knows it'll be ok if that happens again he wont hafta load up