Do you ride your stuntbike to places.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM

a-dogg03 is a decent person
Re: Do you ride your stuntbike to places.

1up pablo can u post some pics of that switch on your bike
Old 09-15-2010, 05:46 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Originally Posted by Gulfripper
Yea there is no way it is going to come out. Do you have any ideas Brian?

This may sound stupid but what about a quick disconnect for a piece of the negative battery wiring that comes down? Somethign I clip in or out if there is such a thing. Like a removable but connector or soemthing.
If you ride that bike in tampa looking like it does, parking it on campus its going to get jacked
Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 PM

Flbassgod is a decent person

Originally Posted by 600flipper
been riding my sf f4i around for almost 4 years and i never gotten pulled over for no reason times ive had run ins with the pigs was for taking a light speeding and got caught running once just got charged with resisting arrest cause i didnt get real far they crashed into me and i flew off and another time got thrown off my bike at a light for just mean mugging a car that i knew was full of detectives they rolled down the window said is there a problem ?! and next thing i know im in hand cuffs and im getting arrested for resisting arrest. later they said that they saw me land spilting in there rear view mirror so thats why they chose to throw me off my bike
Hmmm well I guess I take back what I said then lol... either I've done something out of the ordinary to really **** off the cops, or I just live in a bad part of Florida lol...

Ya man then rock it on the streets... lol
Old 09-16-2010, 08:28 AM
Soup Mafia

Ethiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to beholdEthiopian is a splendid one to behold

just reach in and unplug ur ignition and take it with u.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 AM

StarboyChad is a decent person

I ride mine everywhere I go unless it's the whole family going somewhere. But I still have a working key/ignition. I never lock the forks though, nor do I hardly ever take the key out. I have the only stuntbike in the close surrounding area so people just think it's a complete turd and leave it alone. As far as the cops go, I never really get messed with unless I give them a reason to. But when I do get pulled over, I get a long lecture everytime on how they "could" write me tickets for all the violations that the bike breaks but they never do.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 PM

1up_Pablo is a decent person

Originally Posted by a-dogg03
1up pablo can u post some pics of that switch on your bike
yeah ill do it later today
Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Exclamation Re: Do you ride your stuntbike to places.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-16-2010, 02:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

How much is that stupid red key thing compared to a real ignition switch?

Three problems with it I see on a daily driver stunt bike. One everytime you kill the power to the bike, your clock resets and your fuel gauge resets. Two who wants to carry something BIGGER then a key around? Three, I'd kick that ****** in a heart beat jumping around my bike in a wheelie and make myself eat ****

You better check that rear brake line.. It' looks routed wrong. Is it coming out of the rear master wrong? Looks like you could snap it having it like that
Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
How much is that stupid red key thing compared to a real ignition switch?

Three problems with it I see on a daily driver stunt bike. One everytime you kill the power to the bike, your clock resets and your fuel gauge resets. Two who wants to carry something BIGGER then a key around? Three, I'd kick that ****** in a heart beat jumping around my bike in a wheelie and make myself eat ****

You better check that rear brake line.. It' looks routed wrong. Is it coming out of the rear master wrong? Looks like you could snap it having it like that

true the clock dues reset and fuel gauge but i ride with out a tac and when i use to ride wit my tac the fuel would rest but go back to normal after a few minuets i only take the master key out if im gona levae my bike some where long i still do have a igntion lock to the keys not that big and to address the issue about
hiting it with ur foot well iv only hit it once it only sticks out about 1/2'' so u never really feel it and i t was cheap i got it at a store called SKY CRAFT awsome place sell every cheap the hole swithc costed me $5 and my brake line is a front brake line so it was a few inches to long thats why i put it on like that it really has a lot of slack its not stretched at all
Old 09-17-2010, 09:03 AM

Thanks 1up.....how hard was it to install
Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by a-dogg03
Thanks 1up.....how hard was it to install
it was pretty easy wat i did

1st: is remove the battery and i found that was the best place for it i was gona put it under the battery tray but tu much work lol

2nd i drilled a hole that was just a bit smaller than the O.D of the switch so it would fit snug

3rd i used the ground cable i cut it about 2&1/2'' from the end and than i crimped on too new terminal leads where i cut the wire

4th just screw the leads on and connect to the battery there is a small black wire wit yellow i cant remeber but cut that one too and connect it to the leads on the swithc
5th the battery will be a little tight to put back in but it will be fine

hope that helps
Old 09-18-2010, 06:43 AM

thanks man
Old 09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
THE 1 & ONLY

ALEX707 is an unknown quantity at this point

try graphite it is what most locks are lubed with in the first place. new ignitions are only like 20 bucks on ebay unless you have to have oem. I ride my stunter as much as possible so i can hit all those little places along the way to where ever i am going.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:48 PM

Pavel is a decent person

just buy new ignition and hide it I have mine in the place pablo has his switch just zip tied to the frame,noone even will think it's there. some peopple asking bike for a ride and i just give them a key, but still they can't find where it's goes to.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:25 AM

ReSpECT is a decent person

Most people wouldnt steal a stunt bike. Because it looks like **** and its not dipped in candy paint sitting on 10k worth of chrome.....But funny thing is, they dont realize that there is more in stunt parts on the bike than the bike is really worth, LMAO.

Amazing how stupid some people are. I mean they steal a perfectly good bike. But they dont steal a stunt bike that has more money in stunt parts on it. Weird.

Also, when i ride around town. My bike is never out of eye sight from me. So i'm sure i'll see the little ******* long before they get away with the bike.

PS: Most people woundlt realize my street legal supermoto has a keyed ignition anyways. So basically they would be trying to kick start the YZ450 all damn day long and it still wouldnt crank, until u turn the key on (duh)
Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

When we say stunt bike, we have to clarify, janky learning piece, or daily driver nice looking stunt bike

Mine was always stunt piece, I'd leave it in the driveway daily with the key in the bike, leave my garage unlocked, and park it ANYWHERE (without the key of course)

with my new plastics and paintjob this year, **** THAT! People see my bike (at least in my small town of 100k) and say "oh ****, that's one of only 3 bikes in town with a custom powder coated frame" lol

While my 44k mile 8 year old f4i that's beat to **** might not be worth much, it sure looks like it might be worth something. And considering my 2 year old ratchet straps that are half ripped, nasty as hell from sitting in the rain for a couple years, got stolen today... I wont be risking my bike lol
Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 PM

Pavel is a decent person

**** i always leave my ratchet straps in my truck hopefully they re not stolen since yesterday.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:41 PM
www.myspace.com/impaktech

Dick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud ofDick Loogie Stunts has much to be proud of

**** ya i do..... on one wheel usually...
Old 09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Dick Loogie Stunts
**** ya i do..... on one wheel usually...
+1 To and from work and to and from the lots...