How are thease for my first wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM

frenchy210 is a decent person
Re: How are thease for my first wheelies

Originally Posted by beardo
+1 you can practice on stock..if anything maybe a small amount of gearing...+3-5 in the rear... do you understand brake control??
yeah i understand brake control but i use EBC PADS and they wear down so quick? i dont no if its me or my bike but the power just seems to disapear? i think my main thing to learn is clutch because im not using that yet the wheelies was literaly throttle response wheelies!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

only use the brake to correct and keep from looping...if you ride the brake, yes it will wear them fast, and overheat your brake then you will have no brakes....
Old 05-26-2010, 12:20 PM
JPayne

jeremy payne is a decent person

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
Yeah pretty much. Practice trying to bring it up higher learning your throttle and brake control, also cover your clutch just encase. That's about all I got, because that's about as far as I am. Trying to really get idle on lock, I'm starting to catch idle decent but then I just chase BP.

Like this. Not me and I have no clue who this is but should give ya the point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UX8p...eature=related
Old 05-29-2010, 06:44 PM

after a week now ive got to the point how that dude in the video is i just cant seem to slow down tho i can stay up for about 10 secounds i dont think im getting to the proper balance point but not having a 12 bar fitted i think is putting me off abit because if i flip her im screwd because i need it for work!
Old 05-29-2010, 09:24 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

ya i would say you need a bar when your learning b/p...... and a cage
Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 AM

1997f3 is a decent person

Get a Fifty. Best way to learn brake control. Transfers right over. my 2 cents. Helps learn the feel of balance point too. Keep it up!! I'm still a rookie. Barely learnin Seat stander idle and hand brake control. But so far seat standers are very forgiving lol
Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 AM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Stock tail is gonna be a lot more forgiving if you loop it hard
Old 05-30-2010, 03:34 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

who can afford to buy stock tails every time you go over??not to mention sub frames... i know when i was learing i looped several, just get a bar
Old 05-30-2010, 03:35 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

Originally Posted by 1997f3
Get a Fifty. Best way to learn brake control. Transfers right over. my 2 cents. Helps learn the feel of balance point too. Keep it up!! I'm still a rookie. Barely learnin Seat stander idle and hand brake control. But so far seat standers are very forgiving lol
+1 50 is a great tool to learn brake control, quads too
Old 05-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Incredible shrinking man

blee is a decent person

who can afford to buy stock tails every time you go over??not to mention sub frames... i know when i was learing i looped several, just get a bar
+100000000

slap a bar on it and brace the subframe and be done with it,DONT get in the habit of powering it up,its bad news,clutch it up or dont even bother with whoolies
Old 05-30-2010, 01:46 PM

I am getting a bar made up as im no and not dout bash the crap out of it will i be better of welding it to the frame or bolting it? i have been clutching now but my clutch is abit stiff so i brought a new cable and didnt really make it any softer so i cant pull it in with just one finger i need to use 2 or 3 but i do see how the clutch help so much better hopfully i can make a new video soon showing a slow control wheelie!!!! and with a flip just for you **** to laugh :D thanks to everyone so far for all the advice it is helping me alot!!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

bolt the bar on for sure, and hit up righteousstuntmetal.com for your clutch solution
Old 05-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I still have the same tail I had when I first learned to scrape, I hit it well over 100 times before I got a bar

I've never really 'looped' though, just had to bail a few times
Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM

ive been looking for a 50 like you all said to get but i dont no what 1 to get??
Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM

honda crf 50?
Old 05-31-2010, 08:27 PM
C.E.O. of AJTellin's Mom.

BillDoe has a spectacular aura aboutBillDoe has a spectacular aura about

Yea a 50 is where its at man I never had on personally but some friends had one and its a huge help. Here's a pic of my first attempt of a wheelie. I don' think you could have slid a case of beer under the front tire but I was sure proud. You'll progress, just give it time and don't get too excited and push yourself too hard. Just take it easy go with your instinct and listen to these guys, they are all giving you good advice. Good luck, you'll be killin it in no time!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	avatar.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	239679  
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

xr50 crf50 both a great bikes
Old 06-01-2010, 12:02 AM

xPAWNxSTARx is a decent person

im no expert, but i would stay away from the power wheelie, stick with the clutch
Old 06-01-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by BillDoe
Yea a 50 is where its at man I never had on personally but some friends had one and its a huge help. Here's a pic of my first attempt of a wheelie. I don' think you could have slid a case of beer under the front tire but I was sure proud. You'll progress, just give it time and don't get too excited and push yourself too hard. Just take it easy go with your instinct and listen to these guys, they are all giving you good advice. Good luck, you'll be killin it in no time!!
lol looks like ur pulling to the left cheers mate
Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 AM

xr50 crf50 both a great bikes

for all the advice so far im looking for 1 at the moment but i dont no if im going to be abit to tall for it as im 6ft 3inch's lookin at a crf 50 for £899 wat is $1298 USD not brand new but aparently its never been riden dont no if this is pricey or not if i dont get that i was thinking a pit bike may be the same but alot cheaper heres the pit bike info
Specifications include
  • ENGINE: 125cc Lifan 4 Stroke (Alloy cylinder head)
  • COOLING: Air cooled
  • CARB: Mikuni PZ26
  • START: Kick start
  • GEARING: All up gearing - N-1-2-3-4
  • POWER: 8.7 BHP
  • SUSPENSION: DNM MT-AR250P Adjustable rear shock
  • FORKS: 36mm SDG Front Forks
  • WHEELS: 12" / 12" SDG wheels (Thick spokes)
  • EXHAUST: Racing muffler with anodised alloy tip
  • FRAME: SDG cradle frame with detachable sub-frame
  • SWINGARM: A-Frame alloy swing arm
  • PLASTICS: CRF style fairings
  • STICKERS: 3M transparent 'GMX - Purge Your Soul'
Other features include
  • KMC Chain
  • CNC Anodised Fuel Cap
  • Hard Compound Tyres
  • Reversible Alloy Brake and Clutch Lever
  • Pro Grip Grips
  • Braided Steel Brake Pipes