How are thease for my first wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 PM

frenchy210 is a decent person
How are thease for my first wheelies

let me no how i done at my first set of wheelies i wasnt using clutch just throttle !

http://img38.imageshack.us/i/32535344.mp4/
Old 05-24-2010, 04:42 PM
soup mafia/squid mafia

cadillacZac will become famous soon enough
Re: How are thease for my first wheelies

well looks like your trying . you know any thing about stunting?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:55 PM

Mr Incognito is a decent person

Donkey Kick stoppies make me el oh el
Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 PM

i have literally been into stunting for a week or so but this is my first wheelie attempt
i do want to learn but to get help from you guys i suppose i gotta prove im trying?
Old 05-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Wheelings my firebladings

CSL-STUNTZ is a decent person

First advice i can give you, go say hello in the UK section!

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/435-united-kingdom
Old 05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
soup mafia/squid mafia

cadillacZac will become famous soon enough

here look at these .

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...ing-basic.html
Old 05-24-2010, 07:03 PM

~03~raven is a decent person

Well you look like you feel comfortable with powering it up in first. Now start clutching from a stop. You will progress more and it will hurt a lot less if you lose it.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
Well you look like you feel comfortable with powering it up in first. Now start clutching from a stop. You will progress more and it will hurt a lot less if you lose it.
so you mean keep it still and then clutch n throttle to wheelie? i just wanna double check this before i try?
Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by frenchy210
so you mean keep it still and then clutch n throttle to wheelie? i just wanna double check this before i try?
Yeah pretty much. Practice trying to bring it up higher learning your throttle and brake control, also cover your clutch just encase. That's about all I got, because that's about as far as I am. Trying to really get idle on lock, I'm starting to catch idle decent but then I just chase BP.

Like this. Not me and I have no clue who this is but should give ya the point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UX8p...eature=related
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 PM

~SDNewbie93~ is a decent person

Idk i learned pretty well with going about 30 mph in first then letting off the gas and hitting the gas with the powers and then just when u feel like u wanna let off the gas just keep your hand on at a constent if not just barley increasing your throttle speed and ride it out... that was someones advice when i first joined the site... worked pretty well... i then started clutching while driving... i guess just try a couple diff things out and take from everyones advice and piece together things that u think work best for your riding style... thats pretty much what i did.... never tried clutching from stopped postion... might have to give it a go around lol.... looks like a blast...
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by ~SDNewbie93~
Idk i learned pretty well with going about 30 mph in first then letting off the gas and hitting the gas with the powers and then just when u feel like u wanna let off the gas just keep your hand on at a constent if not just barley increasing your throttle speed and ride it out... that was someones advice when i first joined the site... worked pretty well... i then started clutching while driving... i guess just try a couple diff things out and take from everyones advice and piece together things that u think work best for your riding style... thats pretty much what i did.... never tried clutching from stopped postion... might have to give it a go around lol.... looks like a blast...
It's the only way to go.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:05 AM

~SDNewbie93~ is a decent person

As soon as my bike comes down with all my **** from So. Dak. thats the first thing im trygin out lol....... Hate fing wating for Military to get my **** down here lol...
Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

if a fast wheelie goes bad you prob wont want to try any wheelies anymore!! learn how to go slow first, then you will have controll if you still want to go fast!! start from a dead stop and clutch it up, always cover the rear brake icase you need it to keep from going over backwards.... find some ppl that live around you to help you out if you can....
Old 05-25-2010, 04:58 AM

thanks to everyone so far hmm raven as soon as i get a sprocket set i will start learning that them wheelies i was doing is standard setup and i wasnt using the clutch atall first gear is the only power i have it comes up with or without clutch if i go along at around 25mph in secound rev the **** out of it and drop the clutch it dosnt do **** lol
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by frenchy210
thanks to everyone so far hmm raven as soon as i get a sprocket set i will start learning that them wheelies i was doing is standard setup and i wasnt using the clutch atall first gear is the only power i have it comes up with or without clutch if i go along at around 25mph in secound rev the **** out of it and drop the clutch it dosnt do **** lol
What were you riding sorry I can't see the vid here at work and I can't remember, but you don't need gears to do slow wheelies. As for your second gear problem the bike my need a little extra help, or maybe it's got something to do with your body position. But for 1st gear slow stuff you don't need a pizza pan sprocket that will just make it more difficult for you to learn. I should have stuck with my -1/+2 before going +7 in the rear.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:02 AM

Mr Incognito is a decent person

Id stick with stock gearing. Its a lot more comfortable because the bike comes up slower and not as snappy as it will when you gear it. Ive known a lot of people who though a big *** sprocket would help them learn wheelies, and all it did was put them on their back. Learn on stock. When you can catch idle, then switch.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
handicrippled

swampy is a decent person

i do agree that going to a pizza pan size sprocket isnt the way to go but -1/+2 combo isnt a bad idea, or just +5 in the rear i do believe thats the same as the combo option. thats wat i learned on, never had stock gearing on any of the bikes ive stunted. im not saying stock isnt the way to go, but just nvr did it myself. all i can really say is either way you go stop doing power wheelies sooner or later its just going to get you hurt and hurt bad. use your clutch bud.

good luck
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

+1 you can practice on stock..if anything maybe a small amount of gearing...+3-5 in the rear... do you understand brake control??
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 AM

Tie Ler is a decent person

keep tryin
Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by ~03~raven
What were you riding sorry I can't see the vid here at work and I can't remember, but you don't need gears to do slow wheelies. As for your second gear problem the bike my need a little extra help, or maybe it's got something to do with your body position. But for 1st gear slow stuff you don't need a pizza pan sprocket that will just make it more difficult for you to learn. I should have stuck with my -1/+2 before going +7 in the rear.

its only a bandit 600

Quick Reply: How are thease for my first wheelies