cold weather effects stuntin

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 01:22 PM

sheeshed is an unknown quantity at this point
cold weather effects stuntin

i'm in houston & this is my first actual winter to be stunting. my bike tends to run better in cold weather so just wondering if the cold weather effects stunting. since i'm in houston, we don't have to worry about snow and icey streets that much. just trying to keep my ***** warm is the hard part.:D
Old 11-04-2002, 02:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
I can tell you this, cold tires and endos do not go good together! When it's below 50 here, it takes alot longer to warm up the tires. My bike runs better when it's colder also! :D
Old 11-04-2002, 02:38 PM

crazeinc is an unknown quantity at this point
It's probably a combination of a shitty bike and not-grippy enough tires, but I can't do stoppies in this weather

Just checked weather.com..supposed to be 50's this weekend...the stoppie will return again

Last edited by crazeinc; 11-04-2002 at 02:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2002, 04:36 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
How cold does it get in texas anyway?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Group Moderator

BTBent is an unknown quantity at this point
I wouldnt say its a good combo...cold weather and stunting.....but who can wait all the way till summer . Make sure you layer up so your not cold, If you hands get cold or you body gets cold you will stiffen up. Think it just means be a little more careful...get those tires as warm as possible and stay as warm as possible....oh and ice is not good.:axe
Old 11-04-2002, 07:19 PM
100% HUSTLER

Christian P is an unknown quantity at this point
YEAH COLD WEATHER AND STUNTIN' DON'T MIX, A GUY I KNOW JUST BROKE HIS FOOT ****** AROUND IN THE COLD. WHEELIE, CAME DOWN TIRES WENT OUT ON HIM, BUT OUR COLD WEATHER AND HUSTONS COLD WEATHER ARE NOT QUITE THE SAME:p IF YA KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN'
Old 11-04-2002, 09:35 PM

PeteK9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the cold but when your in the city and their's ice at the stop signs that sucks. It's been to cold up here to do any rollies
Old 11-04-2002, 10:09 PM

sheeshed is an unknown quantity at this point
i hear ya...it doesn't get very cold here...just wet!!! like it is right now. flooding like a bitch!! **** the rain. we may get a 50 degree Christmas if we're lucky. some times we'll get a nice front pushing 30 and belows temps...but not often.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:10 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Cold weather? I dont know anything about that :devil
Old 11-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Outermost Moderator

ROB OUTERMOST is an unknown quantity at this point
Here in New Mexico the highs are the 50s and the lows are in the 30s right now. It snowed today. pretty soon the highs will be in 30s and 40s and more snow will fall. sucks cause i love doing stoppies. keep warm and ride on.
Old 11-05-2002, 12:46 AM

954John is an unknown quantity at this point
One of the reason that your bikes run better in the cold weather is that there is more air around. Any engine loves to have more air, thats why there is ram air. Here in Chicago area, the weather has been in the 50's and I have been able to do longer wheelies then before because my engine is not working as hard. The setup that I'm running now, also seems to be a little too rich. But during the summer it was perfect.

Peace,
954John
Old 11-05-2002, 01:45 AM
P. O. S. E. R.

Scott_LegionST is an unknown quantity at this point
it is fukin cold as hell in here in pa. stoppies are def a pain in the *** but so are slow rolls. the wheel breaks ***** all the time. i am just learning them but it is hard trying to learn them in the cold. *** cold weather
Old 11-05-2002, 02:03 AM

F3 Rocket is an unknown quantity at this point
I took the bike out last weekend for a quick run....after riding for about 15 minutes I was confident that the front tire was fairly warmed up (Avon's).....**** was I wrong.....Front wheel slipped and it almost washed out on me......and it was about 50 degrees and nice pavement. No more stoppies for me until next season! Be careful out there!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:06 AM

Lance__ is an unknown quantity at this point
i ride all year round here in AZ....as for stunnin i dunno:helmet
Old 11-05-2002, 07:11 AM

Pete_SOI is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Scott_LegionST
it is fukin cold as hell in here in pa. stoppies are def a pain in the *** but so are slow rolls. the wheel breaks ***** all the time. i am just learning them but it is hard trying to learn them in the cold. *** cold weather
*****!!!!hahaha
Old 11-05-2002, 02:16 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
cold weather

I don't know any of you guys but I thought your thread is cool (literally).

I went out with my buds on Sunday up here in maine and it never got above 38.

I usually skip the stoppies around 40 unless it is highchair, it seems to put more weight on the front and prevents slippage. but if it does your even more 'effed

what do you guys think?

Old 11-05-2002, 02:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
You probably can do crossed up endos better than regular in cold weather because of the weight, but I also know that crossed up endos can be nasty to wipe out doing. I'm not sure I'd want to be the one to test out that theory!
Old 11-05-2002, 03:08 PM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person
It has worked for many of us up before, you are right though it does get really nasty if it does wash. If I was smart I know I would move to fla during the winter
Old 11-05-2002, 03:20 PM
P. O. S. E. R.

Scott_LegionST is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Pete_SOI
*****!!!!hahaha
who u callin a *****. listen atleast i don't ruin a day of good ridin but breaking my case and pourin oil all over the strip. well atleast not yet you guys still ridin this weekend? if so where and when? lemme know. oh yeah

Quick Reply: cold weather effects stuntin