Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   cold weather effects stuntin (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/2783-cold-weather-effects-stuntin.html)

sheeshed 11-04-2002 01:22 PM

cold weather effects stuntin

i'm in houston & this is my first actual winter to be stunting. my bike tends to run better in cold weather so just wondering if the cold weather effects stunting. since i'm in houston, we don't have to worry about snow and icey streets that much. just trying to keep my balls warm is the hard part.:D

Papa Kev 11-04-2002 02:11 PM

I can tell you this, cold tires and endos do not go good together! When it's below 50 here, it takes alot longer to warm up the tires. My bike runs better when it's colder also! :D

crazeinc 11-04-2002 02:38 PM

It's probably a combination of a shitty bike and not-grippy enough tires, but I can't do stoppies in this weather :mad:

Just checked weather.com..supposed to be 50's this weekend...the stoppie will return again :apimp

Scratch 11-04-2002 03:30 PM

Winter's good 'cause it sorts the riders from the wussies.. just watch out for puddles and check your endos... ;)

MikeM 11-04-2002 04:36 PM

How cold does it get in texas anyway?

BTBent 11-04-2002 05:41 PM

I wouldnt say its a good combo...cold weather and stunting.....but who can wait all the way till summer :twofinger . Make sure you layer up so your not cold, If you hands get cold or you body gets cold you will stiffen up. Think it just means be a little more careful...get those tires as warm as possible and stay as warm as possible....oh and ice is not good.:axe

Christian P 11-04-2002 07:19 PM

YEAH COLD WEATHER AND STUNTIN' DON'T MIX, A GUY I KNOW JUST BROKE HIS FOOT FUCKIN AROUND IN THE COLD. WHEELIE, CAME DOWN TIRES WENT OUT ON HIM, BUT OUR COLD WEATHER AND HUSTONS COLD WEATHER ARE NOT QUITE THE SAME:p IF YA KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN'

PeteK9 11-04-2002 09:35 PM

I love the cold but when your in the city and their's ice at the stop signs that sucks. It's been to cold up here to do any rollies

sheeshed 11-04-2002 10:09 PM

i hear ya...it doesn't get very cold here...just wet!!! like it is right now. flooding like a bitch!! :twofinger fuck the rain. we may get a 50 degree Christmas if we're lucky. some times we'll get a nice front pushing 30 and belows temps...but not often.

nags 11-04-2002 10:10 PM

Cold weather? I dont know anything about that :devil

ROB OUTERMOST 11-04-2002 10:38 PM

Here in New Mexico the highs are the 50s and the lows are in the 30s right now. It snowed today. pretty soon the highs will be in 30s and 40s and more snow will fall. sucks cause i love doing stoppies. keep warm and ride on.

954John 11-05-2002 12:46 AM

One of the reason that your bikes run better in the cold weather is that there is more air around. Any engine loves to have more air, thats why there is ram air. Here in Chicago area, the weather has been in the 50's and I have been able to do longer wheelies then before because my engine is not working as hard. The setup that I'm running now, also seems to be a little too rich. But during the summer it was perfect.

Peace,
954John

Scott_LegionST 11-05-2002 01:45 AM

it is fukin cold as hell in here in pa. stoppies are def a pain in the ass but so are slow rolls. the wheel breaks ***** all the time. i am just learning them but it is hard trying to learn them in the cold.:twofinger fuk cold weather

F3 Rocket 11-05-2002 02:03 AM

I took the bike out last weekend for a quick run....after riding for about 15 minutes I was confident that the front tire was fairly warmed up (Avon's).....shit was I wrong.....Front wheel slipped and it almost washed out on me......and it was about 50 degrees and nice pavement. No more stoppies for me until next season! Be careful out there!

Lance__ 11-05-2002 07:06 AM

i ride all year round here in AZ....as for stunnin i dunno:helmet

Pete_SOI 11-05-2002 07:11 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Scott_LegionST [/i]
[B]it is fukin cold as hell in here in pa. stoppies are def a pain in the ass but so are slow rolls. the wheel breaks ***** all the time. i am just learning them but it is hard trying to learn them in the cold.:twofinger fuk cold weather [/B][/QUOTE]

PUSSY!!!!hahaha:twofinger

verticaljay 11-05-2002 02:16 PM

cold weather

I don't know any of you guys but I thought your thread is cool (literally).

I went out with my buds on Sunday up here in maine and it never got above 38.

I usually skip the stoppies around 40 unless it is highchair, it seems to put more weight on the front and prevents slippage. but if it does your even more 'effed

what do you guys think?

:)

Papa Kev 11-05-2002 02:59 PM

You probably can do crossed up endos better than regular in cold weather because of the weight, but I also know that crossed up endos can be nasty to wipe out doing. I'm not sure I'd want to be the one to test out that theory!

verticaljay 11-05-2002 03:08 PM

It has worked for many of us up before, you are right though it does get really nasty if it does wash. If I was smart I know I would move to fla during the winter

Scott_LegionST 11-05-2002 03:20 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pete_SOI [/i]
[B]PUSSY!!!!hahaha:twofinger [/B][/QUOTE]

who u callin a pussy. listen atleast i don't ruin a day of good ridin but breaking my case and pourin oil all over the strip. well atleast not yet:laughing you guys still ridin this weekend? if so where and when? lemme know. oh yeah:twofinger