4 piston dual caliper help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 02:18 PM

booya is an unknown quantity at this point
4 piston dual caliper help

I bought the 4 piston dual caliper setup from hohey which came with a magura master. I find it is so touchy and I cant get used to it. Im thinking about buying a diferent master to see if I can get it less touchy. This is also my first handbrake. I really wish I would just bought the regular dual caliper setup and not the 4 piston. someone shoot me an idea of what i can do without spending a wad of cash
Old 05-15-2010, 03:05 PM

Mr Incognito is a decent person
Re: 4 piston dual caliper help

Is it a Magura 13mm? Honestly, you need to get used to that set up. People rockin the single piston handbrake all want to upgrade. You might learn with a single but youre going to eventually want the 4 piston.....put a little bit of time in with it and make sure you REALLY dont want it. Thats a really nice set up.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:18 PM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

Just stay with it. Four pots are the money you soon miss them if you ride some else bike. Its just time
Old 05-15-2010, 07:15 PM

booya is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm not sure if its a 13mm or not. Im thinking about buying a r6 master or r1 off ebay. I find it so hard not to mousetrap with my current setup. Its like i cant push the damn lever light enough. Do you think a r6 or r1 master will help my problem or do i just need to learn to be super gentle with the lever
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by booya
hmm not sure if its a 13mm or not. Im thinking about buying a r6 master or r1 off ebay. I find it so hard not to mousetrap with my current setup. Its like i cant push the damn lever light enough. Do you think a r6 or r1 master will help my problem or do i just need to learn to be super gentle with the lever
Learn to use what you got. You got a good setup.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 PM
myspace.com/dustindstunts

secret weapon will become famous soon enough

magura is the best, take time to get used to it, give it a few weeks and ull love it
Old 05-15-2010, 09:14 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried adjusting the lever position so its comfortable for your hand? if you dont like that master im sure half the people on this site would trade you for thier brembo!!!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:29 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beardo
have you tried adjusting the lever position so its comfortable for your hand? if you dont like that master im sure half the people on this site would trade you for thier brembo!!!
Not me I love my 16x18 brembo over any magura for a 4 piston HB
Old 05-15-2010, 11:36 PM

BAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the roughBAKER01 is a jewel in the rough

Soak brake pads in oil!
Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by booya
the r1/r6 w the 4 piston will definitely be less sensitive. thats what i got right now but i rode my friends bike w the 4 piston and the magura 13mm and loved it. id trade you any day if you want too lol.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:14 AM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suicidl
Not me I love my 16x18 brembo over any magura for a 4 piston HB
yes and you are on the other half...ll
Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 AM

ccvc is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to :==== http://www.smalltrade.net =======

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $35
Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $35
Tshirts (ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,VERSACE,coogi) $30
Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $16
New era cap $15

FREE sHIPPING

++++ http://www.smalltrade.net +++++
Old 05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by beardo
yes and you are on the other half...ll
missed that